Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skyrocketing prices in AH

I`m wondering which items from vanilla and BC will double or tripple their prices.
    To conclude my question. When BC was released some ah items dropped down and some are expensive as hell. It can be very usefull for resellers ;D ;D ;D.
    Thing is you are not quite sure what to gather from ah till wow market asks for it..
    Cherio

Re: Skyrocketing prices in AH

Skyyyrockets in flight..booowhooop.

Deleted

Almost every profession requires a ton of primals to level from 300-375, and since people will no longer be farming these, the prices will rise.

I would be tempted to say large prismatic shards would be expensive, the way brilliant shards became expensive in TBC, except you can now shatter voids into LPS, and voids will still be everywhere from people de'ing old purples or three manning kara for fun at lvl 80. The reason LBS were valuable was because they only came from blues from 5 mans, the raids all dropped purples, and you couldnt split vanilla wow purples into LBS.

Herbs for inscription.
    This user has been banned.

The reason LBS became so high in price is because people were using them to make

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20748
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20749

Which even with the stuff from TBC are still amazing.

They are also used to make the lvl 300 weapon enchants that people like for their twinks.

Since there will be new oils to make in LK im guessing the price of LBS will come down, things that will rise in price are the mats that you need to level your profession from 300-350, most ores and all herbs

As well as the 150 health chest enchant.
    for a while at least.

my hunter alt im levelling has all her bank slots full with pre tbc herbs (18 slot bags) and i have a bank alt with the main page + 2 extra bags all full of outland herbs.
    Still not sure whether to sell them all or level inscription really.

herbs will be silly high. I suggest you start farming now

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    Almost every profession requires a ton of primals to level from 300-375, and since people will no longer be farming these, the prices will rise.
    As far as i know they've added patterns in Wotlk so you can lvl from 350 and upwards at trainers, so you can skip the expensive part of proffesions.

But in general i think tradeskill mats, especially herbs will increase in value

I noticed that BS mats are already climbing steadily as I've been accumulating the things I'll need for JC and BS on my DK.

Thorium has doubled in price over the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eui
    Skyyyrockets in flight..booowhooop.
    Afternoon delight.

To the OP, like others have said I would assume that the basic mats will be in higher demand, especially herbs for inscription. Also ore will be huge for all the DKs leveling up their professions and I would assume primals would rise a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    herbs will be silly high. I suggest you start farming now
    Been there, done that... 2 bank bars full of herbs ready for hitting Inscription 375 day one:P

15+ Year Old Account

Items or mats for twinks will still be high. Herbs will be high in price since they will be needed/wanted to level Inscription (got my farming done early, gonna sell any leftovers). Things that will go down in value. Items needed for certain crafted gear. Once the expansion launches nobody's going to be making Whitemend or Frozen Shadoweave. Expect certain primal costs to plummet, just like certain elementals and essences did when BC launched. Enchanting mats will be high based on what enchants can be used for twinks of the 39-60 brackets.

Do this. Take some items you are thinking of selling and just check their cost on the AH currently. If it currently seems kinda high, then check to see what it is used for. If it's something very popular, then sell it. If not...well, there's always a vendor nearby.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

If you are not willing to invest time to find out for yourself, you are not worth it to make huge profits...

I'm going with the "lowbie" herbs skyrocketing in price. I have been farming the herbs from starting areas and moving on to leveling areas (since I am dropping mining for inscription) and never see anyone else, withthe exception of lower level characters, gathering these herbs. So, i fully expect and could be horribly wrong that the lowbie herbs, peacebloom silverleaf earthroot etc, will become horribly expensive since the supply is low and demand will be high. Prolly the sasme thing for ore.

From seeing the AH beta economy and most the crafting 9cept lw for the most part)

tbc stuff (atleast first month or even 2 as people rush wotlk stuff)

Herbs up (mostly stuff in the Lv 30-50 range areas)
    gems down
    enchants down (maybe not mongoose, yet to see anything like it or executioner I think)
    bs ? Unless they make the weaponsmith weapons no longer weaponsmith/bop, nothing really
    Tailoring down
    mining down
    skinning down
    leatherworking down
    eng down
    alchemy down

wotlk (atleast for first month)
    alchemy semi expensive
    blacksmithing pricy/Lv80 epic price insane
    enchanting cheap
    engineering (namely the ammo = expensive)
    herbalism = insane
    inscription = cheap (some will price gouge it though)
    JC = expensive start, insanely cheap later
    leatherworking = cheap
    Mining= ore = insane prices for cobolt/saronite cheap, titanium expensive/titansteel insane
    skinning = insanely cheap (cept artic fur and other rares)
    tailoring = insane

Pretty much what I gather from available resources, and having most the professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Macbrea
    I'm going with the "lowbie" herbs skyrocketing in price. I have been farming the herbs from starting areas and moving on to leveling areas (since I am dropping mining for inscription) and never see anyone else, withthe exception of lower level characters, gathering these herbs. So, i fully expect and could be horribly wrong that the lowbie herbs, peacebloom silverleaf earthroot etc, will become horribly expensive since the supply is low and demand will be high. Prolly the sasme thing for ore.
    i was thinking that, low lvl herbs gna start selling at silly prices... but then why would u waste time farming them ? why not just buy them at current in AH for 20silver or wuteva and keep them safe till after expansion then put them back up?

Because a lot of people have been doing the same thing for the last months and the prices of low level herbs are already skyrocketing...

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen
    Been there, done that... 2 bank bars full of herbs ready for hitting Inscription 375 day one:P
    Thats it? 2 guilds with 3 guild tabs full of herbs! Annnnd both characters bank's filled with herbs. Alliance side and horde (gogo 2 accounts.)