Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Skyrocketing prices in AH

I only know that Primal Nether is 5000g last time I played on the beta server -.-

And can imagine that herbs will increase in price on 3.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Macbrea
    I'm going with the "lowbie" herbs skyrocketing in price. I have been farming the herbs from starting areas and moving on to leveling areas (since I am dropping mining for inscription) and never see anyone else, withthe exception of lower level characters, gathering these herbs. So, i fully expect and could be horribly wrong that the lowbie herbs, peacebloom silverleaf earthroot etc, will become horribly expensive since the supply is low and demand will be high. Prolly the sasme thing for ore.
    Silverleaf, peacebloom and earthroot probably won't be that high since you can farm them incredibly quickly and you don't need that many of them. However, herbs like Khadgar's Whisker, which is found in Stranglethorn and Arathi will probably become really expensive, since they aren't easy to farm (you can pick more herbs in Outland at the same time if you have epic flying mount) but you need lots of them.

The question with the herbs is: Should i sell the "raw" herb or the pigments? I´ll keep many of my gems because on my server a Living Ruby goes for 10 gold -.-
    I wonder how much bacon will be worth... hmmmm
    You no take Bacon!

herbs are already going up. 10g stacks of peaceblooms will not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned
    I only know that Primal Nether is 5000g last time I played on the beta server -.-
    Beta server prices mean nothing because you can copy your main over multiple times and mail the gold between toons and have 700000 gold in the beta just easily as having 1000 on your main in live wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor
    Silverleaf, peacebloom and earthroot probably won't be that high since you can farm them incredibly quickly and you don't need that many of them. However, herbs like Khadgar's Whisker, which is found in Stranglethorn and Arathi will probably become really expensive, since they aren't easy to farm (you can pick more herbs in Outland at the same time if you have epic flying mount) but you need lots of them.

I wouldn't count on that, when Jemmy came out the price on ore from copper all the way to thorium was huge compared to their "normal" price. ie: A stack of copper for 50g at some points. The lowest end of the ore hard its price increase by the highest %, but slowly came back to normal price, the higher vanilla ore remained and still does close to its inflated price.

I expect that for herbs too. Whilst right now a lot of Inscribers to be are farming herbs, lots of farmers and farming herbs for the AH market knowing what happened with ore back then.
    (note FARMERS not GOLD FARMERS, the prior being an all inclusive word)

Nether Vortex. 15 Heroic Badges. Used to craft the 375 epic items, namely weapons, that EVERYONE will be using on their DKs to level up. They can only be farmed in SSC or bought for Heroic Badges. Expect these to go WAY up since nobody will take the time to farm for them anymore.

Also here's a big shocker for everyone that's hording herbs. Guess what?! Everyone and their grandma is hording herbs right now at record levels. The fact that everyone is doing it is going to lead to some broken hearts come selling time when they realize there are 900 stacks of peacebloom for sale in the AH going at 1g. You'd be much better off hording primals than herbs.

Might I ask what primals are used a lot in leveling professions?

Right now the market for any primal has plummeted on my server (primal water down to 11g, mana 8g, fire 15 etc), these used to go for at least double the price they are going for now, and are much harder to sell. I'm considering just keeping my primals stacked in the bank till WotLK hits so they'll be worth the effort again.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Herbs, Leather, Ores, Bars and all enchanting items seen as though people will be leveling their DK/New proffesions.
    That about sums it up. Any and all mats required to powerlevel professions will soar up on price. Everything else will sink faster than shit in a punchbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    I`m wondering which items from vanilla and BC will double or tripple their prices.
    To conclude my question. When BC was released some ah items dropped down and some are expensive as hell. It can be very usefull for resellers ;D ;D ;D.
    Thing is you are not quite sure what to gather from ah till wow market asks for it..
    Cherio
    On RP servers the same old orb of deception and other RP items will be High priced and eaven higer when gold looses its value

Primal mights could start costing a lot , as all new enchanters will need 4 of them to get lvl375 rod