Thread: Dilemma

15+ Year Old Account

Dilemma

Hello everyone.
    I'd like if some of you can answer me on rather simple but,for me,hard question...
    What professions should high-end raiding hunter choose in WOTLK after patch/expansion goes live?
    Considering fact that,at the moment,my play time is rather limited due to work,and that i can not "afford" to level up an alt for gathering professions in recent future-I am wondering what should i choose,taking in consideration that those professions should be PvE "oriented" and of course decent "money makers".
    At the moment I'm Leather worker [for obvious reasons] and Alchemist [the profession i had for a very long time].
    So to make it short: I'm considering herbalism/alchemy combo [Herbalism will make a lot of cash imo,a herb that increases AP on 1 minute CD...increased Flask/Elixir effect+duration] seems to me good choice for someone who will not be able to spend "24/7" on his character.
    Or...I'm very tempted to actually keep LW and get skinning since +Ap on bracers/leg enchants will be incredibly good.Not to forget "anatomy" [+ crit for skinners].
    I'm wondering what leg/bracers enchants one can obtain as non-LW'er in WOTLK so i can compare stats,would be awesome if some of you can link it.
    The more i read the less i know it seems,so I'd really appreciate any answer given.

Thanks in advance.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Re: Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Serb
    The more i read the less i know it seems,so I'd really appreciate any answer given.
    So how are we supposed to get information to you???

To me there is no blanket answer. I have flip flopped porfessions on my Hunter so many times. Some questions that come up are:

Are you in a guild?
    What things can you rely on from Guildmates?
    What is your server like cost/mat wise?

Again there are to many factors (IMO) when it comes to professions and how "good" they are for a particular class player.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Well I'm playing on very populated server called Grim Batol [alliance faction],and at the moment I'm in guild that has 5/6 Sunwell progress [hopefully 6/6 soon! ].
    But to be honest I like to be independent,when it comes down to professions-always prepared with mats and consumables so "relying" on guild mates is not an option for me.
    When i said "the more i read the less i know" I meant that no matter how many forums I've checked,I've always been coming back to the "starting" point.

I agree with you mate that there's lot of factors included but to be honest time is running out,patch is behind the corner and I'd like to be prepared.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Not sure what you want Serb. Do you want to min/max to be the very best? If so, just say no to gathering professions. And Inscription doesn't seem that great, but I have absolutely no idea about hunter inscriptions so I could be wrong. For maximized raid dps, ring enchants and jewelcrafting seem to be the favorites.

Now if you want to make some cash and don't mind not having the best possible profession, skinning will be fine.

Side Note: With the 30% nerf to boss health, I'm sure your guild will manage 6/6 the day the patch gets released.

Well to answer your question, pretty much every profession has a great bonus added to it. Its just your personal opinion. Being a hunter, it would be smart to keep leather working as it will create great BoP items and BoP leg armors which are unavailable to non leather workers.

Anyway take a look at this table and just pick a profession bonus which you like:

-Alchemy : Alchemist stones, longer duration of flasks and elixirs, potions in arena.
    -Blacksmithing : Extra sockets, an im sure some BoP items will be available for the Blackmsithers.
    -Enchanting : BoP wands, ring enchants.
    -Engineering: BoP googles (headpiece), some fun tools along with self enchants for capes, boots and more.
    -Herbalism: A self heal.
    -Inscription: Extra glyph, BoP offhands and shoulder self enchant.
    -Jewelcrafting: Trinkets, own better gems.
    -Leatherworking: BoP leg enchant, and imba bracer enchant and im sure BoP items will come.
    -Mining: Stam buff for self.
    -Skinning: A buff adding crit rating to yourself.
    -Tailoring: BoP mount, BoP items , BoP spellthread and BoP items

Hope It Helps.
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kuura

-Mining: Stam buff for self.
    what is the buff?

Mining - Toughness
    Herbalism - Lifeblood
    Skinning - Master of Anatomy

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Serb
    Hello everyone.
    I'd like if some of you can answer me on rather simple but,for me,hard question...
    What professions should high-end raiding hunter choose in WOTLK after patch/expansion goes live?
    Considering fact that,at the moment,my play time is rather limited due to work,and that i can not "afford" to level up an alt for gathering professions in recent future-I am wondering what should i choose,taking in consideration that those professions should be PvE "oriented" and of course decent "money makers".
    At the moment I'm Leather worker [for obvious reasons] and Alchemist [the profession i had for a very long time].
    So to make it short: I'm considering herbalism/alchemy combo [Herbalism will make a lot of cash imo,a herb that increases AP on 1 minute CD...increased Flask/Elixir effect+duration] seems to me good choice for someone who will not be able to spend "24/7" on his character.
    Or...I'm very tempted to actually keep LW and get skinning since +Ap on bracers/leg enchants will be incredibly good.Not to forget "anatomy" [+ crit for skinners].
    I'm wondering what leg/bracers enchants one can obtain as non-LW'er in WOTLK so i can compare stats,would be awesome if some of you can link it.

Thanks in advance.
    Just go skinning and Leather working.

Crit is nice, bracer enchant and personal leg enahcnts are nice. Then you can make money, and if you do get some nice patters you can be happy.

Then pop a drum or too. Because they wont stack some may drop it making people that do have it nice.