Thread: Arms PVE dps

Arms PVE dps

Future of Arms of Warrior not determined yet
    Go find one of those posts of the Arms warriors in Naxx stacking crit. Sudden Death, Overpower and Deep Wounds are up constantly. The dps is at the top of the charts. We're not sure what to do about it yet, because I don't think Fury is that high. Hardly anyone (maybe the hunters) is that high.

What are they using skill wise to have the highest dps? I'm curious about the rotations and everything like that.

Re: Arms PVE dps

It basically states that you can stack crit, Faceroll. and lead raids in DPS as arms.
    The Shockadin.
    You will respect my authority!!!

i'm not in beta but i can tell that there wouldn't be much of a rotation to speak of. spec like this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

1) keep rend up & overpower when taste for blood goes.
    2) execute when sudden death goes.
    3) MS on cooldown.
    4) slam to dump rage.

constant crits will guarantee wrecking crew stays up, sudden death will proc often, and deep wounds will always be going. new mechanics have deep wounds dot increasing whenever it gets refreshed before it ends (the leftover dmg gets rolled in to the new deep wounds ticks)

arms is better than fury for pve dps on the ptr right now. i did some testing on the dummies and that's the way it turned out.

now whether that's because arms is OP or fury is UP is still to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by syd_lexic
    and deep wounds will always be going. new mechanics have deep wounds dot increasing whenever it gets refreshed before it ends (the leftover dmg gets rolled in to the new deep wounds ticks)
    Deep wounds keeps increasing? O_o thats something i didnt know !

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro
    Deep wounds keeps increasing? O_o thats something i didnt know !
    Well, it stacks ... if you crit once, a deep wound starts tick (say 100 per tick for 6 secs). If you crit again before 6 seconds is up, the original tick stays running, and an extra one is applied, so it then runs for 200 per tick. If a 3rd crit happens before the first ticks duration runs out, it become 300 per tick. Then when the first DW tick finishes it's 6 seconds, the overall tick goes down to 200, unless, of course, you crit again, which will put it back at 300 ... and so on, and so on.

SO the more often you crit, the higher your deep wounds ticks ... to the tune of about 25% of total damage ...as it stands now.

ya, i was suprised when i did some of my testing...deep wounds was top on my damaging abilities list, with ticks maxing out at around 1200. i'm glad arms is getting better for pve, as they obviously made it way more fun to play than fury. all fury got was instant slams (which is debatable as a useful talent to spend three points in). so i'm sad that fury isn't good, but glad that arms is getting better.

Feels like blizz did a 180 with both trees. I think fury is stronger for pvp and it sounds like arms is better for pve

wha?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    Feels like blizz did a 180 with both trees. I think fury is stronger for pvp and it sounds like arms is better for pve

wha?
    No they did a 180 in arms pve and a 360 on arms pvp, fury is shit atm, and i hope it stays that way....

Fury is teribad. But if you like that kind of gameplay (spam buttons on cooldown) and want to be viable go roll Ret.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hazerie
    Basicaly on my arms dps tests i had over powers ever 4-9 seconds in Bt it was extremely laughable. I do miss old slam flurry builds but i think i do like how arms is turning out. i find it hard to determine when to pop shitstorm(bladestorm)
    Either together with CD's or just every time it pops seeing as it is, y'know, a DPS burst increase?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)