Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Upcoming retribution nerfs

I posted this to WoW-europe paladin forums, too. Just willing to see what you think of my ideas:

Yes, nerfbat crittin' us big time soon, obvious, isn't it? So my plea to Blizzard developers: balance our PvP (I admit we're OP in that section) but please, don't destroy the tiny chance we have in PvE! I propose the following:

Nerf our Hammer of Justice. A 7 second stun with 20-second-cooldown (with glyph+talents etc.) is a bit OP. Although it is spell, therefore resistable even though spell hit & hit get merged. Besides basically everyone is gonna have "lowers the duration of stun effects by xxx%". So up the cooldown.

Nerf our burst damage. Critting a lot and often in PvE is bad for aggro management AND when using SoMartyr, bringing our HP down too much (healers being busy healing the tank that takes nasty punch from Kel'Thuzad, Sapphiron, Hogger, anyone). Yeye I know Divine Storm heals blabla. Big badass bursts in PvP are the main reason we're being called OP I presume. So nerf that.

BUFF our sustainable damage! This won't effect our PvP much, but helps us in PvE quite a lot. I havn't done the numbers or anything and I have no real example how to do this. No dual-wield whining tho =)

And finally, nerf Art of War perhaps. Next to no effect in PvE, some effect in PvP. Insert a CD perhaps, something like "This effect cannot occure more than once per 5-15 seconds".

Just something that came to my mind during the after-sex smoke.
    Stormreaver.EU

Re: Upcoming retribution nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Ahh the mental clarity you experience in this state is one of a kind. I think everyone needs to try this before they make a post, these forums would be a lot more constructive if that were the case

I posted this to WoW-europe paladin forums, too. Just willing to see what you think of my ideas:

Yes, nerfbat crittin' us big time soon, obvious, isn't it? So my plea to Blizzard developers: balance our PvP (I admit we're OP in that section) but please, don't destroy the tiny chance we have in PvE! I propose the following:

Nerf our Hammer of Justice. A 7 second stun with 20-second-cooldown (with glyph+talents etc.) is a bit OP. Although it is spell, therefore resistable even though spell hit & hit get merged. Besides basically everyone is gonna have "lowers the duration of stun effects by xxx%". So up the cooldown.

Nerf our burst damage. Critting a lot and often in PvE is bad for aggro management AND when using SoMartyr, bringing our HP down too much (healers being busy healing the tank that takes nasty punch from Kel'Thuzad, Sapphiron, Hogger, anyone). Yeye I know Divine Storm heals blabla. Big badass bursts in PvP are the main reason we're being called OP I presume. So nerf that.

BUFF our sustainable damage! This won't effect our PvP much, but helps us in PvE quite a lot. I havn't done the numbers or anything and I have no real example how to do this. No dual-wield whining tho =)

And finally, nerf Art of War perhaps. Next to no effect in PvE, some effect in PvP. Insert a CD perhaps, something like "This effect cannot occure more than once per 5-15 seconds".

I kinda disagree

1) 20 secs 7 stun is only something we get if we are talented and we have the 4 pvp set bonus, keep in mind it is affected by DR plus the fact than there is nothing else close to an interrupt in our class, repentance is talented and with a long CD. No interrupt in a melee class is unacceptable. We need to kill healers too you know.

2) Nerf the burst, yes i agree with that one but i don't think that critical will solve it, it's very hard to balance burst, but don't touch PVE damage.

3) We need to wait until live guilds start raids to balance pve, so you never know, we might be ok.

4)Art of War is ok for both pve and pvp, we are a hybrid, the healing is much 1300 non crit to 2k crit for an s3-s4 retradin on PTR. It's getting weaker at 80. It's there to help with SoBlood burdt judgement damage too.

I think you don't care about pvp and simply see retribution from a pve prospective.

Thanks.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

15+ Year Old Account

I dunno about you guys, but my girlfriend would be pretty upset if I ran off after sex to post on internet forums. :x

because unlike you virgins he probably gets some every day and getting it that often, it loses it's "zomg" appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    I kinda disagree

1) 20 secs 7 stun is only something we get if we are talented and we have the 4 pvp set bonus, keep in mind it is affected by DR plus the fact than there is nothing else close to an interrupt in our class, repentance is talented and with a long CD. No interrupt in a melee class is unacceptable. We need to kill healers too you know.

2) Nerf the burst, yes i agree with that one but i don't think that critical will solve it, it's very hard to balance burst, but don't touch PVE damage.

3) We need to wait until live guilds start raids to balance pve, so you never know, we might be ok.

4)Art of War is ok for both pve and pvp, we are a hybrid, the healing is much 1300 non crit to 2k crit for an s3-s4 retradin on PTR. It's getting weaker at 80. It's there to help with SoBlood burdt judgement damage too.

I think you don't care about pvp and simply see retribution from a pve prospective.

Thanks.
    Interrupt or not 7 sec stun on 20 sec cd with that burst is ridicilously op. Repeatance ain`t exactly long cooldown... Art of war ain`t that op but it`s combination of all that which makes retri`s op really. They outheal hunters if they are not being kited in barrens, and have unmatchable burst atm. They just gotta make the dmg more steady, no way around it.

well maybe if the girl plays wow too..why not lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

aye I would have to agree, in truth our art of war ability alone should make up for any pve problems we may or may not have (as far as damage)

upcoming cry me a river post... 4ever and ever and ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverveign
    I was just about to ask a question about that very subject. But the better question is: "Why were you even thinking about WoW after sex?"

O_o
    what, you dont jackoff to naked night elves? O.o?

Well for pve martyr/blood got nerfed if I'm right, I did alot of dps tests on the dummies and vengeance/corruption did 200 more dps. I did 5min tests and about 6 tests each, vengeance/blood was superior had the talent from holy to get 15% more damage. On bosses I crit around 9-12k judgements it's pro.

Deleted

/offtopic
    do you allways do wow brain storming after sex? and do you do it solo or with you girl/boy-friend, wife/husband or whatever
    /end offtopic

/ontopic

the combination of Art of war + Righteous vengeance just allow some retri paly to crit with 245% dmg of normal non-crit dmg, maybe that is why we see those omfg numbers. i dont know any other class to crit with 245% of normal dmg
    i dont play on beta but that seems uber to me

/end ontopic

Interrupt or not 7 sec stun on 20 sec cd with that burst is ridicilously op.
    *cough*kidneyshot*cough*

Nerfing our burst in exchange for sustainable dps sounds AWSOME!!

but uhmm...to do that blizz would pretty much need to completely overhaul the class and how it's played...

I think it'd be a crime in some respects to take burst away from ret....it's almost been the spec's trademark since the release

People are saying ret will even out at 80...i really don't understand how theyre coming to that conclusion...the majority of our dps is based off our weap dmg, which will scale to 80...and well be getting even higher flashes as a percentage of total hp at 80 because no int on our gear = more ap = more spell dmg...

So how do i propose we nerf ret? DON'T! We've earned the right to BE the OP class for 1 xpac i think....

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Interrupt or not 7 sec stun on 20 sec cd with that burst is ridicilously op. Repeatance ain`t exactly long cooldown... Art of war ain`t that op but it`s combination of all that which makes retri`s op really. They outheal hunters if they are not being kited in barrens, and have unmatchable burst atm. They just gotta make the dmg more steady, no way around it.
    They outheal hunters... since when do hunters actually heal...? Anyway yes the burst need to be balanced, nerf if you prefer the sound but it won't be by much you will see, but not the mechanics. The stun is needed if you want to kill any healing spec. To tell you the truth tho almost every class needs balancing atm. If you have played in the PTR battlegrounds you must have noticed that everything that moves can kill you, exept some silly warriors that think TG is cool without using hit gear. ;D
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon
    *cough*kidneyshot*cough*
    Kidney shot is 6 sec stun on 20 sec cd, BUT it requires you to build up 5 cp`s before use so you just can`t make focus macros stun the enemy healer and wtf pawn he`s team mate and blind him right after. Ret can do that shit in 1 min cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    They outheal hunters... since when do hunters actually heal...? Anyway yes the burst need to be balanced, nerf if you prefer the sound but it won't be by much you will see, but not the mechanics. The stun is needed if you want to kill any healing spec. To tell you the truth tho almost every class needs balancing atm. If you have played in the PTR battlegrounds you must have noticed that everything that moves can kill you, exept some silly warriors that think TG is cool without using hit gear. ;D
    Ment to say outheal hunter`s dmg* good thing you pointed that one out.

Thinking how nerf yourself shows how much ppl are sick of crying from other classes about ret paladins. Have feeling next thread will be how delete paladin class from Wow in civilize manner.
    P.s. Funny thing NEVER EVER saw rouges or druids making this kind of post in last 3 years, that can only show that paladins arent same kind of ppl like rest of wow players.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon
    *cough*kidneyshot*cough*
    Besides requiring 5CP to last that long, which is a long way to go if compared to some instant "point blank" ability, it's not the best thing I'd use as reference. Rogues are a lot more fragile than paladins, thus stuns cover a different roles for them.

Going back on topic: Hammer of Justice may be discussed, but it's not that OP tbh. I do agree that buffing the sustained damage while nerfing the burst will wear out most of whining and help the class.
    It is also true, from what I've been told by beta testers (I'm on the PTR, not on beta), that at level 80 "premade gear" level, it's not a 2shit thing anymore, for any class.

So I'd suggest patience and level 80 testing tbh, most of the crying comes from level 70 people and.. well we can pretend to balance out stuff 10 levels under the cap. It would be like testing atomic weapons in wars between ants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    Thinking how nerf yourself shows how much ppl are sick of crying from other classes about ret paladins. Have feeling next thread will be how delete paladin class from Wow in civilize manner.
    P.s. Funny thing NEVER EVER saw rouges or druids making this kind of post in last 3 years, that can only show that paladins arent same kind of ppl like rest of wow players.
    Or maybe they just actually are that ridicilous ^^