Help - Old Fury warrior going prot...

After a long absence from tanking, I felt it was time to un-retire my warrior and get her ready to go once again.

Here's the problem: I spent TBC (60-70) as fury. Only geared as fury. Never ran anything higher then Svaults. Then went to my lock, my pally, etc. Kinda only used my warrior for ... well, for herbalism :/

She doesn't even have a flying mount :

Anywho, that aside, what would be the best-non-raid gear one could get to help go from lvl 70 DPS Fury to lvl 70-waiting for WoTLK Prot?

Also - How does this spec look for tanking (new patch)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

Feel free to eviscerate that build. I know how to tank at lvl 60 - i don't know end game tanking - but i'm willing to learn.

Re: Help - Old Fury warrior going prot...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=10357.0

Might be old though.
    PvP gear(S2 or even the blue kit) works aswell, although you wont be taken seriously as a tank with it.

Thank the both of you!

About the S2 gear - as long as it is workable to start, my guild doesn't care where the gear comes from. But I see a bunch of stuff I can pick up right off the bat.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

Is the spec I've been using on my premade 80 for instances. If you were able to tank multiple mobs proficiently pretbc then you'll be able to keep aggro easy with this build. Spam thunderclap and shockwave every cooldown while trying to spreading your shield slams/revenges etc between everything else.

To maximize your chance of hitting with shockwave take a few steps back before using it. It'll piss off the melee with no end, but since its area of effect is a cone it can be pretty hard to hit things close up to you.

Also, dont forget you can intervene then charge back in. Pretty handy if you find yourself in a nasty situation but since we have little problem aoe tanking you wont need the extra rage from imp charge.

So far I have to say prot warriors are faaaaaar easier to play than they used to be so these tips aren't too important, it seems like tanking is more about positioning, stuns and interrupts now than worrying about aggro.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that imp spell reflect is really nice, a lot of mobs have volley attacks that can aoe your entire party. The 2 extra spell reflects really help take pressure off your healer.

Thank you for an 80pt build. Glad to know that the tanking is easier

It's one of the reasons I didn't do it to begin with. But being older, wiser, and frankly more interested in pissing off mobs... lol.

Thank you again.

www.tankspot.com for any learning sessions needed. As for gear farm S2 PvP gear to start while doing blue dungeons takeing whatever you can. Focus on High Ac/Stam and getting 490 Defense or a mix of Defense and Resiliance. Also the BS Craftable tank set is a good place to start.
    Sheild block is your freind!!!!

Happy Tanking
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

To my knowledge come the release of WotLK and possibly the soon to be deployed 3.1 patch, resilience will no longer work for PvE making it pretty useless for a tank. Saying that though from my experience using a pvp geared premade character, you gain a lot more from AP than you did previously so if you dont have a decent tanking item using your dps plate isnt so bad.

The level 80 crit immunity cap is 540 now too.