Page 1 of 3
LastLast

IS this 80 Prot Spec MMO Approved?

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZatVAbzMtcIRhoAfM

I know the point into stoicism is kind of wasted but that's why i would like some input please and thank you.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: IS this 80 Prot Spec MMO Approved?

I don't really understand divine guardian..

Who would use divine shield when tanking?

And I'd get rid of vindication and stoicism and put them in imp devo aura
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

I would take Rellikk's spec and move the points from reckoning to Imp H.o.J as its gonna have the silence.

Divine Shield is a complete waste of points when tanking
    Same with Vindication, i think 99% of the raid mobs will still be immune to this effect. 20% stats would be too much on a raid mob....
    Don't really know if it's the same with judgements of the just, but i don't think so - so this would be the only talent to lower the mob's attack speed, which could be really important - would be perfect if it stacks with thunder clap.

I didn't really figure out yet if you need the -10% instant cost, since Guarded by the light gives you 30% mana reduction for AS, SoR and Holy Shield, that could be enough with the new Sanctuary buff, but i haven't tested anything yet.

No Prot Pala wants to waste 5 points on the kings buff - i think almost every healer will skill these 5 points for you, so you don't need to -> what would pala healers want with 15% Strength? ???
    Can't imagine that they have to put all points in the Holy tree.

I think Ardent Defender is a must, your HP Pool in Wotlk will increase big time, and the hits of raid mobs/bosses will also do, so this talent will improve itself a bit.

Just my thoughts, haven't tested anything on the beta server yet.
    This would be my built - just 1 point in heart of the crusader is a bit of a pity, but i think some ret pally with 3 points will join the raid, i think this would be the best raid spec.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0ugteIRGoxd

why would you not reduce the spell cost of ALL instant spells by 10%... everything we do is instant cast now when tanking.

try

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15251533312301

if you are taking too much damage though dump reckoning since it gives the mobs more swings on you due to parry...

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by symmak
    No Prot Pala wants to waste 5 points on the kings buff - i think almost every healer will skill these 5 points for you, so you don't need to -> what would pala healers want with 15% Strength? ???
    Can't imagine that they have to put all points in the Holy tree.
    Why would a holy paladin go into the prot tree, when they get a shitloads of crit in the retri tree

I doubt holy paladin will spec kings or their are forced to...

I think the biggest problem is going to be:

WHO IS SPECCING THE BLOODY KINGS?!
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk
    reckoning is a fun toy expecially since we get to use dps weapons now.
    Until you can't parry cause of the extra attack and get smashed into the ground. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk
    HoJ doesnt affect bosses so itd be useless to spec into it, unless u wanted to spec for OT then sure. reckoning is a fun toy expecially since we get to use dps weapons now.
    It does because Hand of Justice now also causes an interruption effect.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

As the guy above said HoJ DOES affect bosses thus speccing into it IS USEFUL, it has a spell interrupt and is one of the best things ever to happen to a pally.\

We DO NOT want benediction its 5 points better spent elsewhere, yes it reduces mana cost but mana also isnt an issue with the change to BoS, if youve tried the new paladin builds you would realise this.

Kings is still a waste of points for most specs we can only hope blizz changes this.

i guess retri's will specc kings!?

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sV0bZaxZVfbt0IucMsguVo

Will Judgement of the Just effect raid mobs/bosses?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chazhole

I know the point into stoicism is kind of wasted but that's why i would like some input please and thank you.
    Hell NO,

Seriously, I can tell you tried too hard.

1) Seals of the Pure - Good, but there is still speculation about Vengence or Blood

2) BoK - Personal choice,

3) Divine Guardian - Useless, HoJ is better for the interupts, or Improved Devotion Aura.

4) Stoicism - PvP talent, but good in heroics or trash that stuns or knocks down. Meaning you cant block dodge or perry when stunned.

5) Ardent Defender - Is a must, it is our main source of massive mitigation when at a low level. And with higher itermization and more stamina the buffer between 0 and 35% is greater. When you have bad healing or in PvP you do rack up the AD avoided death anounce on tankadin.

6) Deflection - You need full perry, that is 2 points of damage mitigation, are you kidding me? not to get it? (if you did not get this then you have never tanked before)

7)Improved Judgements - Only need 1 pt for good rotations.

8) Heart of the Crusader - Can be filler, but is a ret paladin's job to get. Not worth it at the 10 man lvl.

9) Vindication - Does not work on Bosses.

-----------------------------------

Sugestions:

use that as a base.

You can not go more than 10 pts into ret if you want to go 5 pts into holy.

Prot requires atleast 54pts, without Judgments of the Just. http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZatVAbzMtcIRhoAfM

However you do get the choice of 6 pts before you go into tier 6 to get 1 handed weapon specialization.

Oh... never thought about crit for holys in the ret-tree.
    But, if holys won't put any points in the prot tree, Divine Guardian doesn't make any sense at all, noone will ever put the points into that.
    But my thought was : until now, if you want to tank with a pally, you have to put tons of points into the prot tree to become a viable tank, you can hardly afford it to put 5!!! points into the kings buff, only if your TPS is strong enough you can think about it.
    I thought Divine Guardian would be pretty nice for holys, but it seems clearly to me that crit is much better and you got the reduced Judgements cooldown, that means more spell haste and more manareg through judgements.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Realmadrid
    Why would a holy paladin go into the prot tree, when they get a shitloads of crit in the retri tree

I doubt holy paladin will spec kings or their are forced to...

I think the biggest problem is going to be:

WHO IS SPECCING THE BLOODY KINGS?!
    Because Holy is about 50/50 PvE good or PvP good talents. Most can be clearly avoided because damage reduction is not as important.

Yes, they will go 15 pts into Ret, however that is all,

that does leave 5 pts for an easy prot. because now you do not have to go deep prot for conc aura.

And I say this because most holy builds can hold at 51pts esp if some holy paladins refuse to get BoL, or JotPure.

Lastly, holy would get kings well because Kings on the tank they are healing on 5 man heroics would help a lot, = More Str = More Threat gen adn Mitigation, More Agi = More armor and more Dodge, More Stm = Obvious, More Int = Good for pally tank, More Spi = helps just a bit on downtime. Also threat gen through more crit.

So yea, holy does have an incentive especially if they are a little gimped on gear. So all around it probly is and always will be the best buff in the game.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by symmak
    Oh... never thought about crit for holys in the ret-tree.
    But, if holys won't put any points in the prot tree, Divine Guardian doesn't make any sense at all, noone will ever put the points into that.
    But my thought was : until now, if you want to tank with a pally, you have to put tons of points into the prot tree to become a viable tank, you can hardly afford it to put 5!!! points into the kings buff, only if your TPS is strong enough you can think about it.
    I thought Divine Guardian would be pretty nice for holys, but it seems clearly to me that crit is much better and you got the reduced Judgements cooldown, that means more spell haste and more manareg through judgements.
    Yes and no, the buff lasts a minute, even improved judgments is useless because well judging 2 seconds sooner makes little sense.

And yes divine guardian is useless. Benediction, Perry, and 5 crit is worthwhile. Benediction because you will clense, if you do IC heal then it benefits from it. Perry will help in pvp, and well then you have the 5 percent crit.

my guild is going to be focusing on 10 mans, and for that reason, i will be going

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVAbzMteIRhoEo

As prot because I will more than likely end up as the only paladin in the raid, meaning that I bring the Kings.

The thought is, if Seals of the Pure doesn't end up being a "need" due to the Blue posts saying that threat isn't going to be a problem, The 5 points in Seals of the Pure end up getting moved to

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVAbuMteIRhoEo00b

Because bringing some extra healing to the raid is never a bad thing.

There are a lot of talents that are "useless" while main tanking a boss, but are otherwise beautiful while tanking 5 mans or off tanking. You should build your own spec around what you think you will spend your time doing most, and then do some research on individual abilities to see what does and does not work on bosses/mobs.

My suggestion is to try and build a spec that makes you a good all-round tank for starters, and don't go for the cookie cutter end-game build. I also suggest you take note of responses from Kare and Rawberry, and take Evereghalo's comments lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    There are a lot of talents that are "useless" while main tanking a boss, but are otherwise beautiful while tanking 5 mans or off tanking. You should build your own spec around what you think you will spend your time doing most, and then do some research on individual abilities to see what does and does not work on bosses/mobs.

My suggestion is to try and build a spec that makes you a good all-round tank for starters, and don't go for the cookie cutter end-game build. I also suggest you take note of responses from Kare and Rawberry, and take Evereghalo's comments lightly.
    What have I said that is incorrect?

Did you even critique the main build? No,

Everything I have said is correct. And I was impartial, why do you not go troll somewhere else. The only talent I said that was required is ardent defender, and in oh shyt situations that less damage is nice on healers. And so is devotion aura. Better to not wipe then stand on principal.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAcuMteIRhoxf00b

That would be my suggest Main Tankadin build.

Improved Hammer of Justice
    It has an interrupt this in itself improves its usefulness ALOT, it is not required but I would reccomend it.

Improved Dev Aura
    I believe the only other healing buff such as dev aura is tree form but still the armour increase is about 1k at lvl 70 which isnt bad for 3 points.

Divine Guardian
    I cant work out how this is making it into prot specs its ONLY our immunity bubble that procs it and we arnt doing that whilst tanking, as an OT build barely passable but MT build DO NOT TAKE IT.

Pursuit of Justice
    Well your almost this far into ret, reduces disarm effects and increases movement speed by 15% that can be a life saver chasing bosses from scrub DPS and just getting close enough to throw now instant Avengers Shield.

In Saying all this im expecting people to disagree and I want critique of my spec as long as you provide evidence I will respond to it, if theres any talents you believe I need feel free to mention them I will say why I have or havnt taken them.

The points in Divine Gaurdian arent all that bad, its a classic paladin move for multiple mob tanking. This way even if for some reason ur notth getting the aggro on all the mobs, your the only one the heavy hits. I can see its not usefull, or a disadvantage for main tanking in raids, but for OT its seems good.

Think about it, your in a raid, beacon of light the main tank, ot paly pops his shield even though hes not tanking or taking major damage, hell take 30% of the brut and your main tank will stilll feel the effect of the heals, so none are "wasted". Its like giving your MT a few second "HIGH FIVE"