What aura will tankadin use come WotLK?

Well as the subject states, what aura will a tankadin use (for tanking) in WotLK?

Will it still be Retribution Aura or will the changes to the class along with the new Improved Devotion Aura talent make Devotion Aura more viable than the extra threat from Retribution Aura?

Kinda wondering wether to skip Improved Devotion Aura or not.

Re: What aura will tankadin use come WotLK?

imp devotion aura on bosses or big mobs and retri for lots of small mobs

well depend if you run with a ret paly cause retri aura is the new ret paly aura.

if not than yeah ret aura for aoe/trash and dev for the rest.

(edit) and yeah dont skip it

as it stands it looks like everyone is going to be doing alot more multitasking in runs and raids... seems to me its going to be far more fun to play wow again.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

15+ Year Old Account

Threat should not be an issue with the way threat has been reworked. Devotion aura should be your main aura and skipping improved would certainly hurt the raid with the bonus to healing.

For 10 man set-up i would say switching as everyone has been saying.

But each guild it'll be different, my guild we're going for 1 ret paladin (ret aura), and a holy paladin for Con Aura.

For 25 man, you'll easily get Devo aura, ret and con auras going up. It's down to how your going to play in WOTLK (10man/25man).
    5man, i would say Ret aura, as i don't see much aoe healing needed, and that 6% from imp devo wont be a problem to deal without on single target healing.

Hmm ok it seems I will take it then

Thanks for all the replies

LoL yeah I'm going with Devo for sure , honestly it'S just better and u will gain more mana back from your heal! and with the new build I dont tink we wont be able to get improve
    ret aura!

Regardless of the armor buff, the 6% healing received is very nice unless you keep a resto druude in your back pocket.

For 5 Mans you'll use ret Aura onall the trash and Devo on the bosses.
    For 10/25 mans you'll use devo almost all the time and ret or holy can give you ret aura.

Remember Aura's cover the entire raid now.

Don't forget it doesn't stack with tol aura though from resto druids.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Regardless of the armor buff, the 6% healing received is very nice unless you keep a resto druude in your back pocket.
    I call mine Twiggy

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Why the hell is everyone starting these threads lately? It's seriously not that hard to figure out which spell you are going to be using.

I agree with aura choice, obviously you leave ret aura to ret pallies if you got one, but if you dont then its ret aura for trash and devo for anything that hits hard enough to threaten your life.

But i have serious issues with imp devo aura, even at 80 the additional 603 armor it grants is almost worthless, and while 6% healing is nice, you'll never attend a well made 25man that doesnt have a resto druid. Yes, the healing % is nice, but if you're including it for running 10 mans and heroics there might be a problem. Can you imagine having a talent thats only really useful in kara and heroics on live? Not worth 3 points imo, the prot tree is bloated enough, get imp HoJ and/or divine guardian instead, but .5 melee damage reduction and a buff that wont see the light of day in a 25 man is wasted points.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Threat should not be an issue with the way threat has been reworked. Devotion aura should be your main aura and skipping improved would certainly hurt the raid with the bonus to healing.
    Most people really do not seem to grasp the entirety of the issue.

1) you need ret aura because prot warriors get a passive ability when they are hit to produce threat.

2) In 25mans you will most likely have a resto druid.

3) If you have a ret pally that wont put the 2 pts in for the extra damage caused, then do not get the extra imp devotion.

4) I do not even use dev aura in 10 or 25mans. Threat > 1percent mitigation.

Rein

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Most people really do not seem to grasp the entirety of the issue.

1) you need ret aura because prot warriors get a passive ability when they are hit to produce threat.

2) In 25mans you will most likely have a resto druid.

3) If you have a ret pally that wont put the 2 pts in for the extra damage caused, then do not get the extra imp devotion.

4) I do not even use dev aura in 10 or 25mans. Threat > 1percent mitigation.
    /headesk

Quote Originally Posted by Rein
    /headesk
    I'd offer you an icepack if I could.

It comes down to this:

1. If you have a Ret Pally in the group, he will be using Retribution.

2. If you have a Holy Pally in the group he will be using Concentration.

3. If another paladin is using Retribution and Concentration, what are you going to use? Crusader? (Zoinks, lets get out of here Scoob)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

I don't even know how to respond to fail of that magnitude. :-X