Poll: Would you want a dual pet option for the sake of versatility, following in the trend of dual specs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Koumaru

Dual Specs --> Dual Pets?

Now that dual speccing is not only confirmed, but is also described by Blizzard as a feature that will probably be available mid-raid or out in the world (no returning to a trainer), is there any chance we'll eventually receive the ability to carry two pets around and swap between them at will?

Now that warriors can swap between tanking and dps, paladins/druids can swap between any two of tanking/healing/dpsing, shamans can do the same (minus tanking), etc., the only class -- and I mean ONLY class -- which has to return to town to change functionality in a group is the hunter. Sure, we will be able to swap between our choices of two out of three dps trees with different amounts of utility and crowd control, but we can't switch between a cat and a gorilla without going to town?

If a dps warrior can respec mid-instance to OT a fight, why can't you switch from a ferocity to a tenacity pet mid-run?

So, I'm just wondering... two pets with you (only one usable at a time, able to be chosen from an interface much like the new mounts window), three in the stable: who would be interested in something like that?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Dual Specs --> Dual Pets?

pack bonus like Ultima Online (damage bonus on the pet scaling with the number of pet of the same family in raid/party) on "Beast Mastery" talent will be much more appreciated probably

I think they should allow this because otherwise BM hunters (if there is any) will have a hard time if they want to spec to anything else as they wont b able to use their exotic pet.

I believe Blizzard said something about letting hunters stable and switch out pets from their Stable anywhere not just at a trainer.

-=Slavemaker=-

It took them this long to figure out how to even give hunter pets their own talents trees, I don't think they'll spend the time and effort to figure out how to save two different PET specs using the technology they currently have.

I sadly have to say that hunter's won't see duel spec pet love in the future.
    "A hunter, a shaman, and a warrior walk into a bar..."

Don't worry, Stubby offers hugs to all who ask.

"He was a demon HUNTER, why can't I use his swords, I'm a hunter, aren't I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orcca
    You people are fucking terrifying.

you misinterpret the thread, stubby.

The OP is suggesting that we should be able to carry around 2 pets (or more I'd hope for!) so that we can switch them out at will, whilst only being able to use one at a time of course.

I'd say there's no reason for this not to happen- there should be an out of combat restriction on it and potentially even a small cooldown.

Where does a hunters pet go when we dismiss it anyway?
    Away, but never too far to return when called upon is pretty much how I imagine it.
    I've never understood why we couldn't have more than one pet doing this..

at blizzcon was said that there MIGHT be a chance that warlocks will be able to switch pets without doin that long resummon or wasting their cooldown just to switch pet, so I supose that if that ever goes live they will do the same for hunters...
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    I believe Blizzard said something about letting hunters stable and switch out pets from their Stable anywhere not just at a trainer.

-=Slavemaker=-
    They would have to allow hunters to do this.

Situation: Dual Spec 1) 51+ BM... Dual Spec 2) MM...
    Enter instance/raid with Exotic pet... go to switch MM - Oh wait... you have an exotic pet. What happens? There has to be some kind of mechanism to let hunters change their pet in an instance/raid/overworld/wherever...

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

I sincerely hope we can call out whichever pet we want on the fly. This will actually make those shiny new stable slots worth something.

I'm not usually one to say "Hey, they can do it! Why not us?" And warlocks DO summon their pets in, so it fits the lore. But would an animal you tamed in the wild and is still so vicious that it regularly kills other people (in PVP, okay?) really hang out with some random bloke while you walked off without TWEAKING?!?! Wouldn't it follow you along in the wild (as your mounts are supposed to)?

Okay, so I'm working for a lore fit that makes this work, but still. I'd want it and I know you would.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Zuljingo
    But would an animal you tamed in the wild and is still so vicious that it regularly kills other people (in PVP, okay?) really hang out with some random bloke while you walked off without TWEAKING?!?! Wouldn't it follow you along in the wild (as your mounts are supposed to)?

Okay, so I'm working for a lore fit that makes this work, but still. I'd want it and I know you would.
    Being able to switch pets in the wild makes as much if not more sense than stabling your pet with Joe Stablemaster in Shattrath City, then retrieving that same pet from Jim Stablemaster in Stormwind. The first situation assumes your other pet is wandering in the wild nearby while not in use. The second situation assumes that all of the stablemasters have access to interdimensional pet transport portals. Think those are made by the gnomes or the goblins? Hmm...I wonder if my hunter could make one. I am a master Engineer...