Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reflective Shields?

So as topic says, I have a question about reflective shields.

Does it half the amount of damage the shields takes? Or does it still take the full amount of damage and do some damage to the attacker?

I ask this because i'm not quite sure if I should take this talent for discipline healing, I propably wont because i'd like to still get inspiration. Just something i had wondered for quite some time now.

Thanks in advance =]

Re: Reflective Shields?

If you pop a shield for 2k on someone and they take 5k damage from unknown attacking ogre with a big club, the shield absorbs 2k, the attacker takes 1k damage and the shielded target takes 3k damage.

It's mostly a pvp talent

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishcow123
    If you pop a shield for 2k on someone and they take 5k damage from unknown attacking ogre with a big club, the shield absorbs 2k, the attacker takes 1k damage and the shielded target takes 3k damage.

It's mostly a pvp talent
    Ah cool, so it basicly increases the duration of the shield. And yes it's pvp talent bosses will hit for more then your shield absorbs

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It has become a viable PvP talent since the shield damage was fixed (did break cc before) but i wouldn't take it for PvE disc healing.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Ah cool, so it basicly increases the duration of the shield. And yes it's pvp talent bosses will hit for more then your shield absorbs
    Why would you say that? There's no duration increase at all. It's just that some of the absorbed damage will be reflected.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Not really, it just makes you do passive damage when you are shielded, and in 2v2 that free damage adds up rather quickly.

Holy/retridin + discpriest... that would end up being nightmare to all melee classes out there :P

Deleted

Why would you say that? There's no duration increase at all. It's just that some of the absorbed damage will be reflected.
    Ah sorry, i misinterpreted =]

Anyway thanks for the replies guys

curious, does the damage reflected generate threat for the tank or the priest?

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    Neither - IIRC - it is threatless.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    tooltip say: "this damage causes no threat"

Does this reflective damage cause a warrior to generate rage? I believe it used to but was wondering if they changed it. That would be the only downside to getting this talent for arena due to the fact that you face warriors a lot.

It used to redirect SW lashback too - now that was awesome. SW did 130% damage

so i have a question now...

does this talent reflect spell damage as well as melee?
    what about bleed effects/ DoT damage?

this talent would rock if ii reflected a locks dots or a rogues/warriors bleed

Quote Originally Posted by peanutpwnzyou
    so i have a question now...

does this talent reflect spell damage as well as melee?
    what about bleed effects/ DoT damage?

this talent would rock if ii reflected a locks dots or a rogues/warriors bleed
    You would take damage
    Shield absorbs it
    % damage reflected at source.

That is it.

maybe im just retarded but i didnt understand that at all.

ok my shield absorbs 2000 damage, so that means i reflect 900 damage total

a warlock dots me and deals 2k damage total (from entire duration), my shield absorbs all 2k, but does the 900 damage reflect ALSO or is that not aplicable to dots/spells/bleed?

apply the same situation to bleed effects and regular spells (shadowbolt, fireball, ect...)

that would help me understand lol

Damage is damage, no matter from what sources.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

each time a dot ticks the talent reflects 45% to whomever casted the dot on ya..

Maybe they change the reflectives shields with the new 3.0.3 patchs releases but reflectives shields is a bit better than the tooltip say.

First, every damage is redirect, direct spell, dot, melee etc.

When you have a shield up, it will reflect half (now 45%) of every damage absorbed... even if the damage is higher the damage absorbed !

So basically, your shield already absorbed 1.5K and there is only 500 dmg left. The warrior does a 3K MS crit on you.

You'll take 3K - 500 = 2.5K dmg but the warrior will take... 3K*0.45= 1.35K dmg and not 500*0.45=225 !

I did the whole S4 season with reflectives shield and I realized that some times ago. This skill enable a disc priest to be able to win 1on1 against a lot of classes even if they are well geared, including warrior, rogue, retpal (after the nerf). ;D

Basically, before the patch, I didn't dispell any dot of the warlock on me. I just spam shield. During the duration, I'll take no damage while the warlock will take is own dot . Now with the (maybe too good) dispel glyph, It will depend on the situation.

However, I am not sure that would be a "must have" in PVE, but It is on Pvp, at least in 2on2.

a warlock dots me and deals 2k damage total (from entire duration), my shield absorbs all 2k, but does the 900 damage reflect ALSO or is that not aplicable to dots/spells/bleed?

apply the same situation to bleed effects and regular spells (shadowbolt, fireball, ect...)
    You take damage
    Shield absords.
    % of damage reflected back at attacker.

This applies for as long as the shield is up. This applies every time damage is applied, until no shield remains.

Not hard.

that would help me understand lol
    good lord, yes you do seem to be retarded..

you know how PW:S works right?! im assuming cos of your other dumb questions you dont, but ANY damage you would take while the shield is up, 45% of that damage is reflected to the source damaging you.

Power Word: Shield Rank 14
    23% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 4 sec cooldown
    Draws on the soul of the party member to shield them, absorbing 2230 damage. Lasts 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.
    it does not specify spell damage, melee damage or any other damage, which means its ANY damage! >

for the really stupid among you, if the talent were built into the ability it would read this:

Power Word: Shield Rank 14
    23% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 4 sec cooldown
    Draws on the soul of the party member to shield them, absorbing 2230 damage and reflecting 45% of damage absorbed to the source. Lasts 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.