Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Reflective Shields?

BTW, SW still reflects if you don't kill your target XD. Was testing it again today in AV after reading this topic.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    BTW, SW still reflects if you don't kill your target XD. Was testing it again today in AV after reading this topic.
    Yeah I came to that conclusion too yesterday while farming.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofombre
    When you have a shield up, it will reflect half (now 45%) of every damage absorbed... even if the damage is higher the damage absorbed !

So basically, your shield already absorbed 1.5K and there is only 500 dmg left. The warrior does a 3K MS crit on you.

You'll take 3K - 500 = 2.5K dmg but the warrior will take... 3K*0.45= 1.35K dmg and not 500*0.45=225 !
    No he won't.

What you're saying is (example);
    A priest meets a boss who hits very hard and has 400.000.000 hp.
    The priest has a shield up and he takes a hit from the boss for 1.000.000.000.
    The shield would then, with your description, do 450.000.000 damage to this boss.
    The priest dies and the boss dies. The priest has SS and gets awesom lewt!

"Causes 45% of the damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat."

There's nothing more to it, how can it even confuse people?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi
    No he won't.

What you're saying is (example);
    A priest meets a boss who hits very hard and has 400.000.000 hp.
    The priest has a shield up and he takes a hit from the boss for 1.000.000.000.
    The shield would then, with your description, do 450.000.000 damage to this boss.
    The priest dies and the boss dies. The priest has SS and gets awesom lewt!

"Causes 45% of the damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker. This damage causes no threat."

There's nothing more to it, how can it even confuse people?
    Have you tested it? I haven't but the guy who wrote it seems to. Tooltip says the shield reflects damage back at the attacker. But it still reflects your own shadow word death damage to the enemy - even if you are the attacker yourself. It's not that easy to say.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Have you tested it? I haven't but the guy who wrote it seems to. Tooltip says the shield reflects damage back at the attacker. But it still reflects your own shadow word death damage to the enemy - even if you are the attacker yourself. It's not that easy to say.
    No I haven't tested that exact example.
    But it doesn't work like that, and that I know.

When your target doesn't die and damage is inflicted upon you, it doesn't make YOU the attacker of that damage.
    He's the one that didn't die.. and he's the reason that damage will be inflicted on you from your SW.
    Hence, he's the attacker.. so the damage will be reflected to him.

They changed this tho. Which I don't understand.
    But now you say they changed it back to "normal" again.
    And I'm still at work so I can't verify that yet..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi
    No I haven't tested that exact example.
    But it doesn't work like that, and that I know.

When your target doesn't die and damage is inflicted upon you, it doesn't make YOU the attacker of that damage.
    He's the one that didn't die.. and he's the reason that damage will be inflicted on you from your SW.
    Hence, he's the attacker.. so the damage will be reflected to him.

They changed this tho. Which I don't understand.
    But now you say they changed it back to "normal" again.
    And I'm still at work so I can't verify that yet..
    Semantics have nothing to do with programming so you can't say for sure without testing. I read that they changed the swd reflective damage, but yesterdays farming session proved it wrong when my swd damage got reflected back. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    Damage is damage, no matter from what sources.
    true, however in a PVE raiding environment, those 3 talent points are really poorly used.

PVP and/or grinding build might have Reflective Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofombre
    So basically, your shield already absorbed 1.5K and there is only 500 dmg left. The warrior does a 3K MS crit on you.

You'll take 3K - 500 = 2.5K dmg but the warrior will take... 3K*0.45= 1.35K dmg and not 500*0.45=225 !

I did the whole S4 season with reflectives shield and I realized that some times ago. This skill enable a disc priest to be able to win 1on1 against a lot of classes even if they are well geared, including warrior, rogue, retpal (after the nerf). ;D
    no shit!? that's brokenly awesome.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!