dual wield or 2h?

What is the beter weapon for enh shaman on pvp?
    Dual wield?, 2h?

Re: dual wield or 2h?

2h polearm or sword.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44050 is best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Masptak
    2h polearm or sword.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44050 is best imo.
    ROFLMAO

2H forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xedor
    What is the beter weapon for enh shaman on pvp?
    Dual wield?, 2h?
    In wotlk dwing is the way to go.. Currently in tbc 2hing is really luck based.. Like if your wf procs then your laying down some serious justice.. if it doesnt then your just swinging slowly eheh.. Oh the reason dwin is the way to go in LK is b/c of the change to flametongue and you want wf and ft b/c of the spell damage being all that spell healing etc etc.. and that with maelstrom weapon makes some sexy heals/LB.. Although i do wish 2hin was just as good but eh.. changes happen
    Always check links before clicking

Because Maelstrom is a PPM mechanic, it's possible that enhance shaman will take a "support" roll in 5v5 arenas. The group makeup might effectively be a 4 dps and 2 healer group. In that case, it would probably be more effective to run with a hard hitting 2hdr. Then you would save your shock and Maelstrom burst for when you get a big fat WF crit. If you were taking damage you'd turtle up with a 1hdr and shield. If you were healing or trying to get mana back through SR, you'd switch to 2 fast daggers with Flametongue. This depends on what the arena gears looks like, but if it's going to be more like hunter gear, with int on it than this is very possible.

This might be the spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35301130201251

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysnarf
    Because Maelstrom is a PPM mechanic, it's possible that enhance shaman will take a "support" roll in 5v5 arenas. The group makeup might effectively be a 4 dps and 2 healer group. In that case, it would probably be more effective to run with a hard hitting 2hdr. Then you would save your shock and Maelstrom burst for when you get a big fat WF crit. If you were taking damage you'd turtle up with a 1hdr and shield. If you were healing or trying to get mana back through SR, you'd switch to 2 fast daggers with Flametongue. This depends on what the arena gears looks like, but if it's going to be more like hunter gear, with int on it than this is very possible.

This might be the spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...35301130201251
    You dont think that a 2her is to slow to stack 5 maelstroms? or are you saying use dwing to stack then switch to 2h?? In any case this is another reason why i might go hunter for my main in lich king... Shaman's need to much gear to be competitive in arenas.. enhancement i mean. And with the cost of the new pvp gear.. i really dont have time to do that much farming for that many sets
    Always check links before clicking

Quote Originally Posted by amoktun
    You can actually DW the MH fish you linked.

Owned by fish... saddest thing ever.

-=Slavemaker=-

Quote Originally Posted by DoomDeezy
    You dont think that a 2her is to slow to stack 5 maelstroms? or are you saying use dwing to stack then switch to 2h?? In any case this is another reason why i might go hunter for my main in lich king... Shaman's need to much gear to be competitive in arenas.. enhancement i mean. And with the cost of the new pvp gear.. i really dont have time to do that much farming for that many sets
    Maelstrom is a proc per minute mechanic. So far testing indicates that the ppm is based off the unhasted weapon speed. If the ppm is 10, that means that the mechanic expects to proc every 6 seconds assuming constant swinging. So if your weapon speed is 3.6s, that means that each swing has a 60% chance to proc. 3.6s/6s = 60% Now consider that with Stormstrike, flurry and Windfury we get "bonus" swings each minute.

So if we didn't have flurry or any haste effects or any additional bonus swings, and if we constantly attacked in 1 minute, we'd expect to get 10 procs. So that means:
    60s/3.6s = 16.6 swings = 10 procs.

Once you factor in SS, Flurry and WF we get additional swings in that same minute so the proc per minute go up. (Assume 30% crit)

Unflurried swings = 16.6 * .7 = 11.6 swings
    Flurried swings = 60s * .3 = 18s / (3.6s*.7) = 7.1 swings
    Stormstrike swings every 8s = 60s/8s = 7.5 swings

Total swings before WF procs = 11.6 + 7.1 + 7.5 = 26.2 swings
    WF procs = .2 * 26.2 = 5.24 WF procs * 2 swings each proc = 10.48 swings

Total swings per minute if you stayed on target = 36.68
    We already know it takes 16.6 swings to proc 10 times so 36.68 will proc 36.68/16.6 = 2.2 times as many procs or 22 procs each minute.

Just to finish up here we'd then have 22 procs each minute if we stay on target the whole time and mash our SS button every cooldown, or 1 proc every 2.7 seconds.

Correct me if I'm on glue or my math is off, but I think 2hders will be very effective. I think if played right, the natural burst nature could catch a healer off guard and have a chance for an easy kill, if we get lucky.

MSW was initially designed with 2hers in mind (oddly enough). You'll get your 6 per minute whether you're using DW or 2H. Though I tend to only bust out the 2her verrrrry rarely, depending on the situation.