Benediction or Deflection for PVP

Benediction reduces all instant cast cost by 10%
    Deflection increases your parry rating by 5%

By not playing beta i would go for benediction because 90% of are spells are instant, and also parry doesnt look that good because most classes are not melee and most attack from behind. But from what i see ret paladins NEVER get oom so is it that good? because 5% parry is better then useless mana.

Does art of war FoL count as instant spell?

Tell me what you think

Re: Benediction or Deflection for PVP

Benediction

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Lower mana cost all the way for prot and ret. The parry won't help you against casters, but the lower mana cost sure will.
    Then again, when you parry an attack you don't take any damage whatsoever. I personally would go for parry.

You have ~11k Armor, so against warrior/rogue you shouldn have so much problems taking to much melee-damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    You have ~11k Armor, so against warrior/rogue you shouldn have so much problems taking to much melee-damage.
    A Parry is a Parry. Not to mention your next attack is hasted after you parry.

Imo its good question, i have feelings that there will be some guys with benediction and some1 without.
    Thing is, parry can help you against meele class BUT chepaer spells also have advantages.
    As example when i dueled or played arena on PTR there were situation when more parries wasnt needed to defeat meele class but there were also situation where you fight against priests and mages that you judge enemy in moment when he puts shileds, what happens then is that you dont recieve mana back cause your judgement dmg was absorbed.
    Also casters have alot of way to kite you or cc you so youll need to spend more mana to close gap so 10% cheaper spells can help you.
    So my advice would be try both builds and see how it works for you.

I just had a discussion about this in another thread, seems that if your gonna pvp then deflection will be usefull, but if not, then benediction is usefull since uncrushable isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

My experiences from playing a premade 80 ret pally in beta are that you never run out of mana... except when facing a really good priest (but even then its a rarity). IN fact, I usually end most long drawn out fights with almost full mana. Judgement of the Wise is that good.

I'm gonna take Benediction for now since I don't have DP to give me mana if I'm getting chain burned. At 80 I dunno that is a tough call it depends how much trouble I have with warriors/rogues/feral druids I guess. As for prot since some people are talking about it parry > benediction taking 5% less meele damage is better then slightly cheaper spells with BoS, plea and the SA glyph.

EDIT: I forgot words

I don't know about Ret and Prot but I sure as hell pick this up for Holy lol. Benediction that is.

I've played extensively on the PTR's, with and without benediction, and I can honestly say you don't need it. This is with approximately 7k mana. The mana you get back from JotW overrides the mana you save from benediction. After switching to deflection, I'm always at approximately 75% mana or higher in PVP unless I'm spamming holy light.

Quote Originally Posted by binxer
    I've played extensively on the PTR's, with and without benediction, and I can honestly say you don't need it. This is with approximately 7k mana. The mana you get back from JotW overrides the mana you save from benediction. After switching to deflection, I'm always at approximately 75% mana or higher in PVP unless I'm spamming holy light.
    Yup. And if you do find yourself in a bind with all your mana burned. You just plea and the first tick will give you enough mana to judge and you'll be back in the game with mana to keep the ball rolling.

Mana = life of a pally.

If you go OOM then you are pretty much dead.

Doesnt matter if you take a few more damage...with the instand cast FoL, you surely can heal yourself back with the mana saved by Benediction, lol.

I am not that good I know...

No one can argue that -10% mana use isnt a good thing but when some face rolling arms goon comes running up to my pretty belf face, I would rather have parry at +10%. If you're running low on mana then I have one piece of advice.

Judge more !

I would go with Deflection for PvP and Bene for PvE