Thread: Shaman help?

Shaman help?

i was wondering if anyone could help me with my lv 36 Orc Shaman. I have his talents on enhance i need someone to help me with setting up totems on my action bar and stuff. im sort of a noob to a shaman

Re: Shaman help?

well since i pvp i only keep out the totems that i need for pvp which are currently.. Tremor Earthbind Searing Magma(for rogues) and thats about it mostly.. oh and the poison cleansing one.. For pve there is only 1 macro you need and its a totem macro that drops all the totems you need and you can assign it to one button mine is numpad 0. Also most of my totems for pvping are assigned to f1, f2,f,g.. So yeah =D
    Always check links before clicking

ahh i see what talent did you go for if you dont mind me asking Resto? ele? or enhance?

you should get yata addon it is nice for creating totem sets etc

well as far as leveling i'd say enhance is the best.. kinda hard until you get dwing.. plus its the less downtime out of all the specs just make sure you pick up first aid. And im enhance
    Always check links before clicking

well when i first started i was ele and that just didnt work very well so when i hit 30 i changed them to enhance. that seems to work well considering i get the shaman rage thing for 10 sec and my windfury weapon helps alot too

15+ Year Old Account

Enh is definitely easist level 40 +, I did this with my shaman *but then went elemental from 52-70 for a little change, and found it just as easy with the gear*.

For totems, I use a mixture of the Totemus addon and FloTotemBar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Enh is definitely easist level 40 +, I did this with my shaman *but then went elemental from 52-70 for a little change, and found it just as easy with the gear*.

For totems, I use a mixture of the Totemus addon and FloTotemBar.
    Both of those addons are decent. Personally i don't use an addon anymore as I find it easier for ctrl+1 through 6 to be a tad easier for my playstyle.

You really won't be dropping totems much while levelling however, it's really just a mana drain that you'll want to save for earth shocks and stormstrikes. I may have been wrong, but when I was levelling it was basically run up to a mob, stormstrike, earth shock, earth shock while sitting waiting for windfury crits. It was pretty boring but for the most part reduced downtime. Of course you'll want to use totems for fighting elites/groups of mobs, etc.

My setup is (as enhancement soloing)
    Ctrl + 1 = Totemic Recall
    Ctrl + 2 = Mana Spring
    Ctrl + 3 = Grace of Air
    Ctrl + 4 = Strength of Earth
    Ctrl + 5 = Searing Totem.

PvP is a very different story. Oh and I have grounding totem keybound to tilde. =)