Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cheapest/Easiest way to get 50 mounts?

Im interested in getting the albino drake, but getting the 50 mount achievement sounds...hard...

Any ideas on how to do it?

Re: Cheapest/Easiest way to get 50 mounts?

Buy all 60% mounts! THEY COUNTS! Im happy about that =). ou dont need all 100% and60/280% flying mounts. You can also get the 60% mounts =P

Easiest way - Don't be a tauren.

Currently almost impossible unless you have most of the rare mounts in the game (such as the ZG mounts, Baron mount, and so on)

Cheapest way - Get exalted with all your factions main city and get all the rare and epic mounts from them (25 right there) then move on to BG mounts and such, then flying mounts / talbuks and such.

all 60% land all 100% land all 60% flight all 280% flight (all colours count) thats a lot? ;P
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

I actually did the whole 'gather 50 mounts' thing a few weeks ago when the achievement was actually still for 75 mounts.

First thing I did was get all my faction (UD) mounts, so a quick trip to Brill and that was a few there.

Next, I went and bought all the Mana Ray mounts from the skyguard place since I had exalted with that a while ago.

Then a trip over to SMV to pick up all the regular mounts and epic mounts, then over to netherwing to buy all the Netherdrakes I could buy.

Also, Maghar/Kuranii rep has quite a few mounts and the grind, while boring, is very easy. This is also a way to get runecloth for the faction grinds.

From there, it was working on all the reps. The best and easiest way (also cheapest) is to go do all the starter quests for each faction you want the rep in. Start with your lowest faction since there will be "horde faction" rep that will spill over to the other reps. Once you complete all the factions quests, finish up the grind with playing AVs (turn in all the scraps etc etc and get the Frostwolf Howler) and grinding or buying Runecloth for the turnins.

Here is my screenshot of my mount collection so far, I have two gladiator drakes and a bear mount. No other rares. I have a total of 59 mounts so far. I guess I had no need to farm that last faction... but might as well.

EDIT: Yeah forgot to say that I didn't buy all my troll mounts yet in that screenshot... so add about 7 more making the total around 66 mounts.

After you learned the mount ability, can you destroy the actual mount or do you need to keep it until you have the achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    After you learned the mount ability, can you destroy the actual mount or do you need to keep it until you have the achievement?
    The mount turns into the "spell".

how much gold do you think this will cost to do?

edit:alliance side

Quote Originally Posted by foreverjian

I already had around a half dozen mounts on my Druid in Beta but it was around 2k to get the 50 needed. Every Talbuk, all four faction mounts at each speed and color. All but one Netherdrake, all the Rays and Gryphons and I think I have one PvP mount.

Basically unless I'm forgetting a ton of ground mounts out there, you will need to be exalted with Netherwing and Skyguard with the 5kg riding skill in order to get 50 mounts when the patch hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

5000g

I did the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    5000g

I did the math.
    You math is bad then. I did not cost me 5kg....only 2-3k.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

are aq40 mounts counting?

It sucks a bit that the rep changes were not retractive: I'm exalted with all TBC "normal" factions (well, except Consortium that is sitting at 19924/21k), but no more than honored with Azeroth ones besides SW.

My level 30 alt is revered and must have done half the quests...

At least Gnome Warlocks will have it easier getting mount.

Assuming the class specific ones count.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    It sucks a bit that the rep changes were not retractive: I'm exalted with all TBC "normal" factions (well, except Consortium that is sitting at 19924/21k), but no more than honored with Azeroth ones besides SW.

My level 30 alt is revered and must have done half the quests...

What on earth are you talking about.

And on topic, to the person that asked about Warlock mounts, yes they do count. Just logged onto my lock on Beta...both the 60% and 100% lock mount counts as they are listed in the tab. Any mount that is listed there should count so if the AQ one is, then it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    You math is bad then. I did not cost me 5kg....only 2-3k.
    A few examples to count up:

5 netherdrakes: 1000g
    5 netherrays: 1000g
    cenarion mount: 1600g

There's your first 3600g , now do the math for the remaining 39 mounts.
    You likely didden't count the mounts you allready had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    A few examples to count up:

5 netherdrakes: 1000g
    5 netherrays: 1000g
    cenarion mount: 1600g

There's your first 3600g , now do the math for the remaining 39 mounts.
    You likely didden't count the mounts you allready had.
    I dont have the Cenarion mount, you don't need it as it's just a waste of money for this achievement. I also only had a few mounts, 400g or so worth.

FYI...Netherrays are 160g a piece X5=800g. Drakes are 200g X 6=1200. That's only 2000 total for those two types.

Also most people already have a few mounts, I took that into account.

FYI...Netherrays are 160g a piece X5=800g. Same goes for the Netherdrakes, they're 160g a piece.
    They been nerfed then, they were 200g when I bought mine a bit over a year ago.

Also alliance's, taurens and people unlucky at brewfest, will most likely need it to archive it at 70.

I'm personally waiting to 80.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes they do. That's what makes it guuuuud.