Devouring Plauge

A little stupid question about devouring plauge. Is it a spell that will come now in the new patch or does it exist allready? Or is it a talent but a cant find it. Maybe that i am a little blind but anyhow greatfull for some info from you old priests out there.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Devouring Plauge

I think it was from the undead priest's. It will work just as fear ward worked you will just have to train it.

All priest racials are removed from the game.
    The human's instant heal is going to replace holy nova in the holy tree (which instead will be trainable).
    As said, the devouring plague is now a trainable too (lowered cd, lowered damage, higher coefficient).

It is a new spell trainable goto priest trainer. (the old one was taken away)

Thanks for the info about this you cleared things up a bit Do you think it will be a good boost to the damage ?

not that good for dmg but its great for emergency self heal in pve and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    And the draniea mana regen spell has been nerfed to unusable-ness and given to everyone.
    Stop whining about having to use channeled spells, it's intended design.

The mana regen is still very nice.

not that good for dmg but its great for emergency self heal in pve and pvp.
    Exactly the opposite in fact. Its damage has been raised (it scales better with spellpower) while the amount of healing it gives you has been greatly reduced.

Generally speaking it essentially takes the place of Shadow Word Pain in a rotation -- same duration -- since SWP is now auto-refreshed with the appropriate talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

The mana regen is crap, maybe at 80 it might be worth while, but as it stands right now its barely enough to get you back into shadow form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey
    The mana regen is crap, maybe at 80 it might be worth while, but as it stands right now its barely enough to get you back into shadow form.
    8% mana to 5 people, that's 40% group mana (please stop ignoring that it's a group effect.)

Sure it's not much with our small mana pools at 70, but with 20k mana at 80 it'll be pretty decent. Ofcource it's less efficient as shadow, but for holy priests it's quite nice.

We're intending to do priest+shamans in each group for regen tools. Since alot of effects is raid wide, it doesn't matter where you place example melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

It's fucking awful, and if you EVER cast Hymn of Hope in a raid you're a shit Priest. It will NEVER go on my hotbar.

Especially if you're Shadow, it drops form and costs more mana to swap back in than you gain over a fucking 8 second channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Shadow priests should be in the tank group for vamp embrace (which is stick now we don't need a caster group) which makes the group mana regen limited.
    No, because tanks need alot higher healing than what we do.

We should be in a group that take small overall damage (ie. AoE), melee is a good example. Or general healing (such as on M'uru and Kil'jaeden.)

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    It's fucking awful, and if you EVER cast Hymn of Hope in a raid you're a shit Priest. It will NEVER go on my hotbar.
    I guess you'll either be changing your mind later.

If it proves to be THAT useless, it'll be changed back to being instant cast. But I somewhat doubth it, since it wasn't classified that way in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Shadow priests should be in the tank group for vamp embrace (which is stick now we don't need a caster group) which makes the group mana regen limited.
    Bear in mind that a group set-up during a raid is still moveable. A potential idea is to keep priests in a tank group (or in a group that will be taking moderate damage), then coordinate symbol's of hope, if you have multiple priests in your raid. There are multiple things you could potentially do.

1) Throw all the priests into one group, symbol of hope, and bam, a good chunk of mana restored.
    2) Throw two priests (or three) into a group of people who have a very low amount of mana.

Either of those scenarios pushes the whole 'omg its useless for a priest to use it because of the mana inefficiency for themselves' idea out of the way.

Listing the amount of scenarios really could be endless, so I'll stick with the 'figure out the best sort of efficiency for your raid'. Hell, there may not even be a good amount of priests in a raid group. If there aren't, then obviously this situation will not occur.

Swapping certain members into different parties has always been a good strat for certain abilities that certain players may need at one point, more than others.