15+ Year Old Account

Question about Lava Lash

I'll preface my thread by saying I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but in lieu of the guaranteed lurkmoar, I'd like to ask.

Lava Lash offers a rather appealing attack to sprinkle between the Stormstrike cooldown, at the very least, especially with a castsequence reset=8 macro. However, does anyone here think in either PvE or PvP that it may actually be worth putting flametongue on your offhand weapon to get the 25% increased damage? I'd assume no, but I'm only a level 61 shaman, and was just wondering what the shamanistic community thought of the possible notion.

Re: Question about Lava Lash

as far as i know, its preference. whatever you want to do, go for it, the damage is very similar. personally i would go with FT on the OH because it converts all that damage into fire damage, thus, it is not mitigated by armor if youre fighting say- a warrior or paladin.

From what I've tested on the beta, it becomes much better to put flametongue on your offhand.

The reason is the windfury cooldown that will no longer be 'stolen' by your off hand, which means that you will only get windfuries from your main hand (average double the damage). And with laval lash and flametongue on your offhand, it does quite a good deal of damage. And as it's been said before, it completely ignores the target armor since it's a fire damage only spell.

15+ Year Old Account

That's what my initial thought was, because of the WF cooldown.

I had never thought about the armor mitigation that you guys mentioned, which is actually a really good thought.

Also, I was thinking that it'd be kind of nice to have the new spell damage buff from flametongue. Would help with 5/5 maelstrom weapon LBs or CLs. Also, a little boost to shock damage.

As a result, it's still probably best to stick with a slow OH?

I believe it's been shown to be better to use a fast OH with FT. Slow weps are mostly for WF.