Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Finally some Shadowpriest Love!!! (incl blue post)

From US beta priest forum by Ghostcrawler:

We need to fix two problems with Shadow priests. One is that their damage is too low, especially at epic level. The second is that stacking Vampiric Embrace from too many priests probably represents a balance problem. These changes will go live before Nov 13.

Vampiric Embrace -- we need to nerf it, but we don't want it to be terrible for priests in small groups or solo. So we are going to make it 5% healing to your group (not raid) but 25% healing to yourself. Assume the talents that affect it get it up to this level.

Vampiric Touch -- we're adding some of the damage adjustment to this spell, by doubling the coefficient (from 0.2 to 0.4).

Shadowform -- we're adding the rest of the adjustment here. Your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch do an additional percentage damage equal to your critical strike chance. Basically if your crit is 25%, your SW:P does 25% more damage. This has the side effect of making crit a little more useful for Shadow priests.

Since Affliction locks and other classes with many dots might ask, we think long term that a good thing to look at is making dots crit. We're not sure yet if we'll do this by just making them actually crit or adding more talents that do neat things with your crit rating, but it is definitely something we're looking at.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...22301&sid=2000

Looks nice, finally some real shadowpriest love <3

Re: Finally some Shadowpriest Love!!! (incl blue post)

Great changes. As said alot, we shouldn't whine about Dispersion, but ask for a general upscale.

And a general upscale we got !

I'll cheer the day they give us more than six seconds of "survivability"

I want to get excited about these....but i'm afraid to for the fact that they'll probably scream J/K in our face again

Finally a reason to stack crit, a BIG reason.

two thumbs up, only cause my feet don't have thumbs

Great buffs, although the VE nerf is kinda meh, I kinda enjoyed outhealing half the healers on Brut and Felmyst. With the scaling increase to VT and additional damage to DoTs, its just another reason not to cast SW: Death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Is the change to SF a replacement, or addition? Because if it's addition, hell yeah it's amazing. However, if not, it's kind of a nerf. Even at 25% crit, that adds 25% dmg to VT+SWP, which was ~50% of my dmg on the ptr's. 25% of 50% is 12.5% overall dmg increase, and lower than 15%. I hadn't looked into using devouring plague, but when I was testing it, I didn't have the mana to sustain using it.

This will likely change the most efficient rotation.

But lets wait and see.

Yeah, let's wait and see.

As posted earlier this should yield in 15-20% more dps assuming a 30% crit rate (depending on the VT coefficient effect and spell power) - and last time I checked the gap between shadows and other DDs in Naxx was more than 20%...

They haven't changed anything yet. I'm not getting my hopes up for fear of seeing "Nevermind....Shadow Priests are fine...back to the deep dark room you came from..."

Nice1 ^^

All these cloth wearers competing for the exact same gear. Everyone needs exactly the same stats now.

Great changes though. Glad you guys got em ^.^
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Make shadowform 15% reduction to ALL damage instead, then you got yourself a SL/SL lock with less survivability and more burst :P
    At least they could add a shadow damage reduction to shadowform... that would just be logical. Being hurt by shadow while being of shadow is like trying to put out a fire with a flame torch. Or maybe some shadow damage absorbtion (and since that might be a bit OP, at least throw it in on improved shadowform while fade is in effect or something).

Ahh well, one can dream... these changes are still overall good even though I prefer how some talents where earlier in the beta phase before nerfs (30% spirit to damage instead of 10%, 10% extra damage to improved SW:P instead of 6% and so on). I just don't understand Blizzard sometimes...

'In our tests shadow is doing too much damage, let's nerf it' followed by 'Shadow is doing too little damage, we need to buff it'.

15+ Year Old Account

Hurray for Ghostcrawler.

Especially love the Shadowform change.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    'In our tests shadow is doing too much damage, let's nerf it' followed by 'Shadow is doing too little damage, we need to buff it'.
    Almost like they are trying to... I don't know... find a "balance?" Nooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    Almost like they are trying to... I don't know... find a "balance?" Nooo...
    I lol'd when I read he said we need to nerf it and then got to the buff part

*Puts an I told you so out there*

V.E. Getting nerfed was absolutely inevitable given the massive increases to out (theoretical) DPS compared to the health increases. Stacking 3 SP's in a tank group would have been absurdly overpowered - and someone would stack in that way.

I can live with VE fine, especially in exchange for being a competetive DPS.

The VE nerf was expected since it would be overpowered in raids, however that's a strong punch into our pvp viablity.

The Shadowform change is nice. Nothing gamebreaking, though. I have a feeling they will need to fix more than just making our DoTs scale with crit.

That they didden't remove self-healing is superb, it's totaly awesome for soloing.

I think the cut down in HP is reasonable, lets see it in pratice at level 80 - Like replenishment it could still be fine.

May I kindly remind you about this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raaLqFelbCk

Is it 3 talents points still or one ?

It should be one.