Don't quite understand Holy Priest

They nerfed human spirt, not good for us. They give us devouring plague. They give us a better Holy Fire. An AOE spell that does no threat, but little healing. The mana channeling spell doesn't really impress me. I didn't go deep into Disc so I lost 15% int. I'm not feeling the love from Blizz on this. Everyone else seems generally happy with the new abilities, am I missing something? I haven't QQ'd in 3 years but I think they could've done us a little better.

Re: Don't quite understand Holy Priest

You missed the part about Disciplin = PvP, and Holy = CoH spam PvE healing.

Hynn of Hope will be more understandable as you fight bosses at level 80, it's part of the new playstyle design.

Holy Fire, Mind Sear and Holy Nova is more utility tools for 5mans or soloing, shouldn't be unhappy with more of those.

15+ Year Old Account

On a sidenote, does holy nova how heal whoever stands there from your raid just as CoH, or is it still only your own group members?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    On a sidenote, does holy nova how heal whoever stands there from your raid just as CoH, or is it still only your own group members?
    I don't think they ever made it raid wide

We discussed with the devs how it should be raid wide, to be useable on say Vael, but that's quite some years ago.

15+ Year Old Account

Ah, the "good" old times of holy nova being a 31 point talent with 30 seconds cooldown
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah, was pretty nice when they made it instant.

Essence of the Red + Holy Nova = pretty lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Ah... nostalgia...

I want to be able to use Benediction and Anathema again :/
    That quest was so awesome, loved the gameplay and the lore behind it. And the staves were the best too.

I hope it drops when we're going MC for the Archivement. I still haven't gotten it on this char.

Fits awesome with Full Tier6.

Its true we haven't received as much as some other classes, but that is because we are pretty decent

Only thing I don't like is the new holy concentration being crit reliant. As a long time paladin healer I was hoping to finally be rid of having to stack spell crit...lol.

Not only that, but the druids new omen of clarity is basically our old holy concentration. Give it back! :-\

As a holy I'm happy because we got near to no attention at all.
    Whenever they said they will look into holy there was a nerf.
    This time I can say they ignored us ... so this is a good patch.
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You missed the part about Disciplin = PvP, and Holy = CoH spam PvE healing.
    i don't know about that..... i was originally really mad about what they did to holy (including the downranking nerf) so that's when i first thought of PVE disc. i've been doing heroics with no CC, cavalier dps, and pulling two packs at a time and it's been going great. i'm full aware i need to test this in a raid first (waiting on thursday) but i am REALLY enjoying it.

overall it's a hell of a lot more fun than holy is now. i used to at least consider holy interesting due to downranking and picking the best heal, but of course that's gone.

also, before holy fanboys comment on how i'm nerfing my raids by not having CoH- i bring imp DS, 1.6 min CD PI's to our warlock/mage, and grace on the tank. "but what about aoe healing fights!?" beacon of light and wild growth (the druid 51 point?) can sure make up for it. we run three priests consistently, and the other two are holy too.

EDIT- this still needs testing, but from what i've seen, on a single target pve disc might out do pallies.

about holy nova, I had aprox. 2100healing before 3.0 and holy nova hits for around 62, so that is useless as a healing spell.

The holy tree is a joke to me the more i think about it. The bottom talent is only good if you fail, assuming you're trying not to fail the bottom talent is not something to strive for.

The only new good thing to me is regaining mana from overhealing, which will nearly always happen with gheal. I went disc just cause I was putting points in that and there are some neat abilities.

I don't understand why we have 3 heals (lesser heal, heal, gheal) that all cost the same mana but heal for different amounts. Umm WTF??

Penance seems to be mana efficient and with grace reduces dmg taken to anybody you heal for 3%(I think). Is penance viable as a general heal spell?

Deleted

penance > great heal , with rapture its manacost is really laughable low ^^ in addition, 1 penance gives you 3grace stacks each tick can crit....going disc for healing ^^
    and disc is no more pvp only
    sry for bad english ;P

I don't fully understand the mechanics of rapture, seems like the terminology could have been better. ???

Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    I don't fully understand the mechanics of rapture, seems like the terminology could have been better. ???
    yeah they worded the tooltip horribly. it doesn't tell you wha toyu have to heal for to gain that full 2.5%. i've been playing around in heroics last two days and hit ticks (one cast) of penance, that heals for full, returns about 80 mana a tick. i had about 12.4k mana IIRC.

the rotation for pve disc is pretty variable when in a 5 man. but in a raid when you're on MT healing, it'll usually look like this. penance (stacks grace) - shield - GHeal (because it's hasted from borrowed time) - flash heal or ProM - penance again.

when healing a single target the only real variable part of the rotation would be when to use shield to get borrowed time. you can use it for penance or Gheal. i have to test this in a raid but i'm wondering if i'll use borrowed time w/ penance then mash flash...

i can't wait for our next raid day =D.

EDIT- now that i think about it i think i recall some GHeals (crits i tihnk)returning almost 300 mana, when they heal for full value. for 12.4k mana that sounds about right for 2.5%.

I never use to use PW:shield, but now it does dmg, heals when destroyed(glyph), gives haste and shields!!

Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    heals when destroyed(glyph)
    if you're talking the glyph of PW:S available now, it actually heals when you cast it.