Thread: 2-manning

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2-manning

Myself and another ret pally, 62 and 61 respectively, just 2-manned everything in ramps up until the final boss, and it was pretty awesome.

Is this the kind of power that everybody else is seeing too? Can we count on being able to run appropriate level instances with only 2 or 3 people? If so, then I see a nerf in our near future.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 2-manning

Quote Originally Posted by Zalorius
    Is this the kind of power that everybody else is seeing too? Can we count on being able to run appropriate level instances with only 2 or 3 PALADINS? If so, then I see a nerf in our near future.
    Fixed.
    ><

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Deleted

Well, I do have to agree with quite a few others about the fact that ret paladins are indeed pretty over-powered. Their ability to heal themselves so insanely much without ever having to stop is what makes them so op. Being able to 2-man Outlands instances with ret paladins..can any other class pull that off?

I do believe there is a nerf incoming, probably targeted at your healing abilities, not dps ones. But we'll see, nothing is certain

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

What spec did you use? retri?
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Realmadrid
    What spec did you use? retri?
    He says in the very first sentence "Me and another retri"...

I 2 manned Shattered halls, prot pala(me) and rogue, relying completely on Seal/judgements to heal,
    never had to cast a single healing spell.

and i'm not talking single slow trash pulls, I'd pull full aoe groups with no CC, sometimes 2 at a time.

only reason I really needed the rogue was for first boss because his death coils outhealed my dps,
    prior to bringing the rogue I solo'd all trash up to first boss.

15+ Year Old Account

Looks like I'll be respeccing my paladin to retri to finish levelling to 70.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    I 2 manned Shattered halls, prot pala(me) and rogue, relying completely on Seal/judgements to heal,
    never had to cast a single healing spell.

and i'm not talking single slow trash pulls, I'd pull full aoe groups with no CC, sometimes 2 at a time.

only reason I really needed the rogue was for first boss because his death coils outhealed my dps,
    prior to bringing the rogue I solo'd all trash up to first boss.
    I urge you to try with ret then. You can solo SH. Yes, even the first boss..

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    He says in the very first sentence "Me and another retri"...
    lol I failed at reading..:P
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

Deleted

[I 2 manned Shattered halls, prot pala(me)..]
    read folks he is a protection paladin! so why do you keepp asking if he is retri, and start discussing retri and overpowerness. LAME!!!!

Deleted

It's kinda sad, actually..Since it's now possible to 2-man instances meant for your own level just imagine how easy you'll have it with a 5-man group. You could just run through the instance without having to even think about what you're doing. There's no challenge in playing pve anymore

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Plonkas
    [I 2 manned Shattered halls, prot pala(me)..]
    read folks he is a protection paladin! so why do you keepp asking if he is retri, and start discussing retri and overpowerness. LAME!!!!
    Umm..you do realize the one you're quoting is not the same one who started the thread? The OP IS a ret paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    It's kinda sad, actually..Since it's now possible to 2-man instances meant for your own level just imagine how easy you'll have it with a 5-man group. You could just run through the instance without having to even think about what you're doing. There's no challenge in playing pve anymore
    What he said... Are you high or something Plonkas?

Ok guys time to chillax and think about this logically.

The reason all pallies are now vastly out of balance pre 80 is because of the addition of spell power into the equation, it really is that simple. We now have a situation where previously many many abilities were so underpowered to actually be a joke (500 FoL anyone?) and so blizzard to try and make pallies Sunwell viable blizzard had to really screw all the coeficients.

now we fast forward to the here and now and we have just kept the pally the same except you now add a butt load of free spell power. Long story short everything goes haywire we're hitting much harder than we should and healing really nicely...

Fast forward to level 80 now, blizzard have altered all the abilities to accomodate the fact we have all this free spell power and lo and behold the Ret pally is balanced again.

/please end thread unless you actually have a clue
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Myself and another ret pally, 62 and 61 respectively, just 2-manned everything in ramps up until the final boss, and it was pretty awesome.

Is this the kind of power that everybody else is seeing too? Can we count on being able to run appropriate level instances with only 2 or 3 people? If so, then I see a nerf in our near future.
    YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR TEETH!!! TRAITOR!!!
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Oh cmon! he actually doesnt play any ret pala. he is just some lame rogue that is crying for nerf and he is hiding behind his pala alt

Fraps or it didn't happen. :

Of course you will 2man a lvl 62 instance now. You have lvl 80 skills talents, so just shut up, and stopping saying bullshit. And everyone knows that pallys are the best classes to solo things.

I lol'd. honestly.

before this patch, on my retadin, ive completed ramparts with only a lvl 62 druid healing me....

Difficult game is difficult.