Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, I just ran Heroic BF as discipline-healer....

Grp consisted of prot war, combat rogue, assasination rogue, and ret paladin. Since recount is not up and running for me yet, no hard numbers, but here's what I noticed:

Between replenishment and symbol of hope, never dipped below 50% mana at any point in the run.

Tank went from 0 rage to 100 in about 2 seconds even with a PW:S up.

Penance is even more efficient and uber then I'd hoped it would be, just shy of 50% of the mana cost of max rank Gheal and hits for about 1600 a tick with about 1030 SP, can only imagine how this will scale come the xpac.

I intend to test this in a raid, probably BT, in a couple days when mods are fine-tuned and running, hopefully be able to provide a full in-depth look, but initial impressions, discipline is most definitively viable for PvE healing. Hopefully I'll be able to provide a side-by-side comparison against other healing classes.

Edit: Here's my spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000
    Also, I'm going to do some experimenting with swapping out some of my +spellpower gems with a crit gem or two, currently running with 13.5% crit chance and saw a fairly decent crit rate, but going to see how much higher I can take that without sacrificing too much spellpower.

Re: So, I just ran Heroic BF as discipline-healer....

from a PvE standpoint, especially since I intend to make this my raid-build, it's useless: too many buffs overlap it.

You can replace Silent Resolve with Improved Inner Fire.

What buffs override Imp. Spirit ?

Just off the top of my head, Totem of wrath and Demonic pact, I believe there is one possibly two more that provide more of a bonus then IDS ever will.

And I fully intend to replace SR with Imp inner fire as soon as the xpac hits, cause 71 is the earliest you get a rank of inner fire that actually provides spellpower.

What im intrested to know can you cast penance on yourself now?

Unforutnately, no, can only be used on someone else.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whoru
    Just off the top of my head, Totem of wrath and Demonic pact, I believe there is one possibly two more that provide more of a bonus then IDS ever will.

And I fully intend to replace SR with Imp inner fire as soon as the xpac hits, cause 71 is the earliest you get a rank of inner fire that actually provides spellpower.
    Totem of Wrath is the Elemental shaman 41 point talent right? Isn't that a 3% (or 10%?) spellhaste now? So shouldn't it stack with imp. DS?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Hey Whoru,

Thanks for the interesting tit bit, I'm looking forward to trying a disc PvE build this afternoon myself once the EU servers are back up.

I notice you didn't take divine fury, does that mean that even with the 10sec CD you found penance to be a suitable replacement for GHeal? Also, with regards to mana effiency while making use of rapture and divine ageis, can you see spell crit and spell power becoming as desirable if not more so than spirit for the discipline priest?

Thanks in advance man.

Sanc

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ --> Right Side --> Go to Spellpower.

There are 4 ! Buffs which dont stack, so imp DS in 25 Raids is mostly a no Need

So penance is supposed to be a 2 second channel with 3 individual ticks, right? I thought 2 seconds = 2 ticks, but it is ticking 3 times for me on live... making it freaking amazing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ --> Right Side --> Go to Spellpower.

There are 4 ! Buffs which dont stack, so imp DS in 25 Raids is mostly a no Need
    Even if it were an unique buff, now that it doesn't scale anymore it kinda sucks anyway.

ahm not rly, we would need 1334 Spi to get 80SP. Dont know how much we would have with "Arthas" Gear but 1334 seem to be very high :/

Mention they changed it first to 6% of Spirit duo of Spirit changes (Much more Spirit on Items)

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm that number is awefully close to 1337 spirit. :
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    ahm not rly, we would need 1334 Spi to get 80SP. Dont know how much we would have with "Arthas" Gear but 1334 seem to be very high :/

Mention they changed it first to 6% of Spirit duo of Spirit changes (Much more Spirit on Items)
    i must say, i now have a goal of getting 1337 spirit in the expansion, so much win

no imp spirit, which is kinda nice cos it saves us 2 talent points in the most bloated bit of any tree we have.

whoru you did take DA then? and spamshielding or anything is no big deal? blizzard did say that it still did not generate rage when hit, but i guess if the mobs chew through the shield and pound so fast he can never hope to empty his rage bar, then yeah it wont matter.

can the same thing be said for paladins though? they do not gain mana through getting hit.. does anyone know if it might still be detrimental to them? (spamshielding + hot streak DA-ing, that is)

aether you beat me to it!.. and to
    There's nothing in life that can't be solved with a secret console code and a broadsword+1.
    i say:
    My brother's a +12 Hackmaster!
    or
    Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
    ooorr
    Shadow Thief: No! I don't want to die!
    Jon Irenicus: Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand.
    ooooorrrrr
    Jon Irenicus: I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Whoru

Penance is even more efficient and uber then I'd hoped it would be, just shy of 50% of the mana cost of max rank Gheal and hits for about 1600 a tick with about 1030 SP, can only imagine how this will scale come the xpac.
    With about 800 spell power and deep disc (5/5 rapture), my scrubby priest heals for about 4200 with penance, and after rapture mana returns he only spends about 260 mana on it.

With the same spec and gear, greater heal is only about 4100, but costs 680 mana after rapture... and takes longer to cast... and doesn't apply grace as well.

And that 8 second cooldown seems pretty quick, imo.

Edit - penance has about a 205% spell power coefficient over all 3 ticks, it seems?

15+ Year Old Account

Now that you mention grace:

Each penance crit can and will proc devine aegis.
    Will a target also have 3 stacks of grace after a single penance, seeing as it heals 3 times? That would be sweet

Are you using alot of PW:S now that you gain critical strike chance from renewed hope?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Now that you mention grace:

Each penance crit can and will proc devine aegis.
    Will a target also have 3 stacks of grace after a single penance, seeing as it heals 3 times? That would be sweet
    yes, 3 ticks, 3 heals, 3 stacks.

easy for an opener, means you have 3 stacks up on the tank right away.

last time i checked grace only lasted 8 seconds though, thats abit meager if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    yes, 3 ticks, 3 heals, 3 stacks.

easy for an opener, means you have 3 stacks up on the tank right away.

last time i checked grace only lasted 8 seconds though, thats abit meager if you ask me

Yeah... grace isn't going to be so hot unless we're healing a tank, no one else/few others are healing the tank, and the tank is taking a lot of steady damage.

I wouldn't open with penance unless your tank really gets grumpy about pw:s though. If tank has taken any damage, you could pw:s THEN penance... you end up with haste on the penance, +4% crit chance with the penance, and still will have 3 stacks of grace up for your next heal.

Question - for a while I was thinking that penance would be great to help us get ticks of regen outside of the five second rule (penance, wait a tad, flash/greater heal). BUT... will it still work like that? Is the fluid mana regen only in appearance?

@Sanctum

1. Penace is a very good replacement for gheal in my rotation, with aspiration that cooldown is only 8 seconds, and the CD timer starts as soon as you cast it, not when it's finished, so by the time you're done channeling, you have about 6 seconds of downtime to cast a PW:S, PoM, Flash Heal, whichever you choose. Also, interesting tidbit: haste will make each tick go off faster, with the haste I'm rocking(46 haste rating plus 5% more from enlightenment), each tick is going off every 0.93 seconds. I'm going to see how much faster they tick with the Borrowed Time effect when I log in next.

2. I do see spellpower and crit becoming much more important to a discipline priest then spirit, for many reasons. I'd go so far as to say that in order of importance, for a PvE discipline priest, it is as follows: Crit, Spellpower, Intellect/Haste, Spirit.

P.S.: Going to post in suggestion forums that you should be able to see how much total haste you're working with on your Character Sheet, when I wanted to see how much haste I had with talents and effects, it would only display how much haste I got through gear.

Edit: with Borrowed Time effect, each tick of penance goes off in 0.74 seconds(this includes the haste I mentioned above).