Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So, I just ran Heroic BF as discipline-healer....

How is borrowed time applied? Will that stack with other procs like life giving essense (505 haste). So I have around 115haste would it work out like (115+505)*1.25 = 775 haste? Or is that wishful thinking.

It's provided as a flat haste% increase to the next spell cast within 5 seconds after you cast PW:S. I can't tell you if it stacks with necessarily EVERYTHING, but it DOES stack with Power Infusion. With the haste I mentioned above, and borrowed time and PI, penance ticks go off in 0.62 seconds.

whats the best rotation for borrowed time and power infusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoru

2. I do see spellpower and crit becoming much more important to a discipline priest then spirit, for many reasons. I'd go so far as to say that in order of importance, for a PvE discipline priest, it is as follows: Crit, Spellpower, Intellect/Haste, Spirit.
    In my opinion we should go for Spellpower/Int/Haste/Crit/Spirit. A Discipline Priest is healing much less than any other Class and also a holy.
    Tested with T5-Gear (not a pro Gamer ). As Holy i am healing about 5,5k GH, this is the minimal worth of any Shaman and Druid with equivalent equipment. Never reached 6k heals from a paladin... Maybe some raid buff would help, but then it helps also any other healer.
    Skilled as discipline i am healing about 4,9k GH, Pennance tick with somewhat around 1700. So it makes 5k Heals. For now it may work healing instances with Flash, but you can never heal so much or reach so high amount of crit that it would replace GHeal in later. So for level 80 without Divine Fury is a nogo.
    Spellpower is important to not be to far beyond.
    Stack int, because higher int makes Rapture more "productive". We will get more mana back with any healing, at the moment it works nicely also with the first set bonus when i bring my target to full health.
    Haste: you heal less, so be faster. With full Enlightenment and 50 haste on cloth i got Flash in 1.3 seconds, GH in 2.3. Everytime. Penance ticks in 1.83 seconds. Power Infusion, shamans totem (5% haste) and Bloodlust stacks also. For trolls there is also berserking, so we will be able to cast GHs in about 1,5 seconds. And FHs in 0,5? I must do some math later...
    Crit is nice. But we cant reach shamans, druids or paladins. Their base crit is much higher than ours. The amount that is being absorbed with aegis is nice, but noone can count on crit. It may proc every 3 heals, or even not for 20... So dont sacrify spellpower or int for crit. Especialy not int, because you also get higher crit rating with this (Mental Strength). 9% for me without much crit on my cloth at 70.

Last tip: the renew glyph is nice for a discipline. Having high amount of mana (12k for me), and costs of 400 mana a cast (Mental Agility), with glyph ticking 900 or more (dont remember the number exactly), it is a good replacement for CoH, with additional criting PoM. Of course, not for SW.
    Yes. I was ever a renewer, because flash healing is ... paladin.

My two cents.

@ haeresis: no rotation with borrowed time and power infusion. Power infusion has a high CD. And borrowed time counts only for the first cast after shield. So use shield, then infusion then heal. And maybe you will be able to get a second shield with another fast cast on same target. (Power Infusion lasts 15 seconds, Weakened Soul also). There is still the possibility to shield multiple targets and so gaining the haste three times... But shielding while power infusion is active? You loose to much time with GCD.

On power infusion:

It should be used every time the cooldown is up, unless a fight has burst spots you will have to deal with (stomp on brutallis, for example). On a standard fight, using PI every time it's available saves you mana and increases healing output. More chances for Aegis too. If you have more than enough mana as things roll along, you can start giving it to a DPS of some kind, doesn't seem like it will matter TOO much, but I'd probably pick either the mages or the shadow priests (faster mind flays woo).

i've been disc the last two days. haven't had a raid day yet but i've done almost every heroic, gruul, kara and mag's.

borrowed time needs to be tweaked because the buff is eaten by any spell, even if it's instant. i like to GHeal with the haste, without it i flash heal (glyphed). i can't wait for us to do BT today, because i haven't been able to practice any -real- rotation in heroics or gruul/mag. gruul's was so retardedly easy that all the healers were dpsing, i sometimes penance'd the MT just to be normal. he took dick all for dmg >.<

at best i had about 8 sec of serious healing in H MgT when the my tank (feral) pulled vellaxus' entire room. our logic was the dmg buff helped us on the boss =).

also, i think someone commented on it, but just to make it clear disc is a single tank healing spec.

EDIT- i always PI'd the ele sham/lock/mage i was running with. also in terms of gear.... crit crit crit. get like 1100 SP then stack crit. haste is very nice of course but is a perk. i managed almost 19% crit by swapping a lot of gear to pieces i had for smite spec (lol), but lost a fuckload of SP/regen. worth it imo

Whoru,

Would you post a link to your armory please?

Thanks
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Healium

EDIT- i always PI'd the ele sham/lock/mage i was running with. also in terms of gear.... crit crit crit. get like 1100 SP then stack crit. haste is very nice of course but is a perk. i managed almost 19% crit by swapping a lot of gear to pieces i had for smite spec (lol), but lost a fuckload of SP/regen. worth it imo
    My plan is to get the mage to cast focus magic on me so i crit more and bribe him with PI. See if that works for me :P

*sigh*

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aelgun&n=Whoru

*braces for the inevitable flaming that will occur*

Thanks Whoru, despite the laggy realms I've managed to get a decent amount of testing done myself , ironically in Heroic BF/Ramps too.

The mana gained from just rapture is immense, I was running with Kings and AI and had about 12,000 mana which equates to around 300 returned per direct heal.

I havn't had chance to test the amount returned by absorbtion from divine ageis and PW:S yet but I totally agree with your assumptions about the shift in statistical importance of a Disc priest away from spirit and towards spell power/crit.

I just did some interesting theory crafting with regards to rapture.

The direct heal component causes you to gain 2.5% of your maximum mana each time you heal with GH, FH or Pen.

Now, admittedly with some SERIOUS raid buffage (Flask of Distilled Wisdom, Elixir of Draenic Wisdom, Arcane Intellect, Imp Mark of the Wild, Kings), and by replacing all gems in my gear with +10 intellect I could theoretically achieve a mana pool of around 16,000 while still maintaining around 280 MP5 while casting (I wasn't able to calculate accurately what spell power this would leave me with but it would still be very respectable).

So....

Each time I directly heal I gain...(2.5/100) x 16,000 = 400 mana

Now for the sake of arguement lets say this heal was a FH. FH at 70 costs 470 mana with a 1.5sec (before haste) cast time.

So theoretically I could cast a FH costing 470 mana and have rapture provide me with 400 of that back instantly, never mind the fact that in the 1.5 seconds it's taken me to cast it I've passively regenerated...(280 MP5/5sec) x 1.5 = 84 mana, can you see where I'm going with this....

Cast FH (-470 Mana) Rapture (+400) Passive Regen (+84) Net Value = +14 Mana??

I'm quite willing to admit if I've made a gross error in calculation along the line here somewhere but I’m reasonably sure my theory is sound.

Every where I could I tried to stack spirit prior to 3.0 for benefits from spiritual guidance and regen. With spirit buff and well fed I'm around 690regen not casting, not sure what that is while casting. During what I'd call excessive healing it was almost ridiculous how little mana I use. So I think I will be trading some spirit/int for crit/haste. With AI I had over 11k mana.

I always keep up renew and use pom whenever possible and I like to bounce it with a SWD macro if nothing else is going on. Otherwise I was using penance for general healing and when cought in a pinch Id alternate penance and FH to catch up. Only a few times did I purposely bubble somebody to gain BT to cast a Gheal. This is rly new to me as I always stacked spirit and cast lowrank gheal.

So now that spirit is not so important since we dont have spiritual guidance and gain mana from rapture we will be going for gear with spell power/crit/haste which is what all casters aside from DOT casters will be rolling on, although I'm reading DOTs may gain some kind of crit mechanics. So now we lose the clear distinction on healing gear and will be forced to roll against other casters for the same gear. A "dps" ring from H mana tombs that I happen to hold on to (mostly cuz of the flavor text) is now the most potent spell power ring I have, even better than the violet ring of the grand restorer, this seems odd to me. I'm currently using the gown of spiritual wonder but I might try out the MGT robe which has 2 more sockets since I have regen to spare, and look more like my GFs lock...

I have also noticed the mace from maiden has the same spell power as the jade crystal dagger which has haste. What was dps gear is looking more appealing for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctum Nord EU

Cast FH (-470 Mana) Rapture (+400) Passive Regen (+84) Net Value = +14 Mana??

I'm quite willing to admit if I've made a gross error in calculation along the line here somewhere but I’m reasonably sure my theory is sound.
    No. Just to explain:
    If you heal GH with maximum amount, you gaing 2% or something more of mana. If you criticaly hit with GH you gain 2.5% mana. I have 12k mana now and a GH "raptures" 220-250. A FH gains something about 100 mana.

You cant get more mana then you spend. The amount you get is based of the amount you heal. So take care not to overheal too much.

Quote Originally Posted by haeresis
    I have also noticed the mace from maiden has the same spell power as the jade crystal dagger which has haste. What was dps gear is looking more appealing for healing.
    Yes... This disturbs me too.
    In normal and heroic instances you roll against mages and warlocks. Druids, schamans and paladins only roll against their own class... Its getting harder to get equip in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Healium

Testet it and approved. More crit is better than haste.
    I am going to balance it somewhat, because my spellhaste is a constant push to my healing, crit is somewhat random.
    So: spellpower>int/crit>haste/spi

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whoru
    *sigh*

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aelgun&n=Whoru

*braces for the inevitable flaming that will occur*
    Why do I see a 16 spell power enchant on your bracers, 19 spell power on your gloves and 43 spell power on your weapon? Have the existing enchants been upgraded, or in case of the gloves enchant, nerfed?
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Why do I see a 16 spell power enchant on your bracers, 19 spell power on your gloves and 43 spell power on your weapon? Have the existing enchants been upgraded, or in case of the gloves enchant, nerfed?
    Nerfed.

The healing glove enchant now gives 1 less SP than the DPS one....

I did a run in sunwell last night (lawl ezmode) and was spec'd disc. I was in the "melee" or "tank" group for the most part. Most buffs are raid wide (except for mana spring/tide? unsure on this) so i didn't need to be in with the casters. The only time i ran OOM on trash was when i was screwing around with holy nova (because I was bored).

We had some drama with Kalecgos, killing him almost faster than we could get people inside for the demon. I didn't notice any mana problems and I was spam healing the tanks the whole time.

Brutallis was down in 3 minutes, (and I watched my mana like a hawk this time) and the only time I dropped below 10k mana (from 14k buffed, without kings) was when Heroism was up.

Felmyst was down in 2 air phases, near instant mass dispels are sexy.

Twins took a few attempts because people weren't always getting raid warnings for conflag...just a few road bumps there.

All in all, disc is very strong in keeping one or two targets alive, and insanely efficient. I'm overall pretty happy with it. Only complaint is I can't get penance and inspiration yet