Priest PvE Glyphs - 3.0

Allright, lets see what people will be using for PvE.
    Lets keep the discussion to glyphs available with 3.0, ie. Azeroth and Outland herbs.

List of available glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/?items=16.5

Shadow

Major:
    - [item=42415]
    - [item=42406]
    - [item=42397]

Minor
    - [item=43370]
    - [item=43342]
    - [item=43371]

What's your suggestions ? (Holy please post as well.)

Re: Priest PvE Glyphs - 3.0

three major glyphs for discipline PvE

Glyph of PW:S (this heal goes off as soon as the shield lands, not when it goes down, healed for around 500 IIRC, I'll double-check tomorrow)
    Glyph of Dispel Magic
    Glyph of Flash heal (this was my main go-to heal while penance is on CD)/Glyph of Prayer of Healing (as disc the only efficient group heal, so might as well make it better)

For Holy PvE
    Glyph of CoH
    Glyph of Renew
    Glyph of Prayer of Healing

I am choosing these for my Holy build:

Glyph of Renew (I am a renewoholic!)

Glyph of Flash Heal (Assuming it will be a lot more used in the future now that downranking is removed)

And after hitting 80, I will get The Glyph of CoH

Unavailable glyphs is glyphs that require [item=43126] as it's made with Pigments from Northrend herbs.

Just so you know :-)

I'm not sure about glyphs, guess it will come down to experimenting.

I'm not fond of the Renew Glyph, because basically all it does is make it heal for the same amount at 12 seconds instead of 15. It improves throughput, but I am very fond of my 15 second HoT as it keeps healing the target and chances are they will take more damage during its duration and so limit overhealing.

I never use flash heal either, but perhaps Flash Heal Glyph will make it more usuable for me. But generally I would rather renew then flash.

The ones I like are circle of healing (for obvious reasons, although it has 0 impact on 5 man groups)

and also dispell magic. Since one of the biggest problems with dispelling is your GCD is being used for that and not healing. Plus it will heal for any small damage the person has taken as a result of a DoT

As for Minors: Levitate, Shadow Protection, and Shackle Undead/Shadow Fiend

Looking forward to more minor glyphs, I know my brothers ret paladin has almost no options at all :P

Glyph of CoH is not available until Wrath hits the market because of the mats that comes from WotLK herbs.

I also really like the Glyph of Dispell Magic

I think you can only use 2 major glyphs at level 70, but I'd be using the same glyphs as Nezoia without the dispel one.

Quote Originally Posted by ExarKun
    I think you can only use 2 major glyphs at level 70, but I'd be using the same glyphs as Nezoia without the dispel one.
    I picked the Dispel one untill WotLK, then I'm getting [item=42414]

You can have 3 major and 3 minor glyphs from level 1 - Only requirement is the level requirement on the Glyph itself.

All 6 are available as level 70.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I picked the Dispel one untill WotLK, then I'm getting [item=42414]

You can have 3 major and 3 minor glyphs from level 1 - Only requirement is the level requirement on the Glyph itself.

All 6 are available as level 70.
    I haven't loggin in since the patch, but on the PTR you only had 2 major 3 minor ones at 70, leading me to believe this is true:

here are two kinds of glyphs:

* Major, large improvements to skills
    * Minor, small improvements to skills or cosmetic changes

Individuals have a number of glyph slots, based on their level:

* Level 1-14: None.
    * Level 15-29: 1 Major, 1 Minor.
    * Level 30-49: 2 Major, 1 Minor.
    * Level 50-69: 2 Major, 2 Minor.
    * Level 70-79: 2 Major, 3 Minor.
    * Level 80: 3 Major, 3 Minor.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I haven't loggin in since the patch, but on the PTR you only had 2 major 3 minor ones at 70, leading me to believe this is true:
    It's been changed then, I had 3 available on the beta as level 70.

Either way, I'll only need 2 at 70.

Either way, I'll only need 2 at 70.
    Only mind flay is not optional to be honest. SW:P is a one time cheaper DoT,

Shadow

Major:
    - [item=42415]
    - [item=42406]
    - [item=42397]

Minor
    - [item=43370]
    - [item=43342]
    - [item=43371]

All the minor ones are pretty useless - especially as I won't be buffing PoF any more. The fade one sucks. Levitate is a joke. Amusing- but worthless. The dispel and Mass dispel ones COULD be usefull.

To be honest, I do not think these glyphs are anything like good enough. It is not a case of 'pick some to fit your playstyle' but 'find 6 you might actually have a use for one day at some point'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu
    I haven't been in the beta so I haven't tried the glyphs but from reading the description on Glyph of Dispell Magic, as I see it, it will become...

- a spamable instant heal healing 600 on a target with 10k HP.
    - usable as a heal when shadow.

I definately take this. Almost too good.
    In PvP? Yes, perhaps. But you need to have something to dispel to cast it, and 600 health is not much. Great as disc, as shadow it is ok - time spent dispelling is time you are not DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Only mind flay is not optional to be honest. SW:P is a one time cheaper DoT,
    In a high mana cost situation, lower mana cost is nice :-)

Also, the range is just something that bugs me with doing addon Kil'jaeden and M'uru.

All the minor ones are pretty useless - especially as I won't be buffing PoF any more. The fade one sucks. Levitate is a joke. Amusing- but worthless. The dispel and Mass dispel ones COULD be usefull.
    That's pretty much the intention with minor glyps.

I do however, use Levitate ALOT. It's a big bonus for me.

Allright, lets see what people will be using for PvE.
    Lets keep the discussion to glyphs available with 3.0, ie. Azeroth and Outland herbs.

List of available glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/?items=16.5

Shadow

Major:
    - [item=42415]
    - [item=42406]
    - [item=42397]

Minor
    - [item=43370]
    - [item=43342]
    - [item=43371]

I'm not really seeing that glyph of sw is a very good glyph when you consider that you will not be re-casting it much or at all, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    I'm not really seeing that glyph of sw is a very good glyph when you consider that you will not be re-casting it much or at all, anymore.
    To be fair, compared to the rest of the glyphs, that one is probably more useful (and that's sad, I know), despite the fact that you will most likely cast it once (or twice, through a mistake). Our glyphs for shadow are lackluster.

Also, the range is just something that bugs me with doing addon Kil'jaeden and M'uru.
    That's pretty much the intention with minor glyps.
    I agree, entirely.

Glyph of SF as a minor glyph seems good?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm a Shadow Priest that enjoys both PVE and PVP.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Mind Flay (Req. lvl. 20) - Increases the range of your Mind Flay spell by 10 yards, but it no longer reduces the target's movement speed. - Range is neat, but the slow effect can't be sacrificed due to PVP.
    Glyph of Power Word: Shield (Req. lvl. 15) - Your Power Word: Shield also heals the target for 20% of the absorption amount. - Might be nice to get (even more?) a heal up after SW.
    Glyph of Psychic Scream (Req. lvl. 15) - Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 1 sec. - Usefull in PVP, not that useful in PVE.
    Glyph of Shadow Word: Death (Req. lvl. 62) - Targets below 35% health take an additional 10% damage from your Shadow Word: Death spell. - Never bad with a execution Glyph.
    Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain (Req. lvl. 15) - Reduces the mana cost of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 20%. - Useful in PVP for massdoting but in PVE it will be useless on bosses.

Minor Glyphs
    Glyph of Fading (Req. lvl. 15) - Reduces the mana cost of your Fade spell by 30%. - Less mana used when need of a remove of a movement impairing effect.
    Glyph of Shadowfiend (Req. lvl. 66) - Receive 5% of your maximum mana if your Shadowfiend dies from damage. - Kinda feels like a "meh"-glyph.

Discuss.
    -.-

I will be taking

Glyph of Circle of Healing
    Glyph of Renew
    Glyph of Spirit of Redemption

Glyph of Fortitude
    Glyph of Levitate
    Glyph of Shadowfiend

For healing..

And