What Happened to SoR? [Echoes patch]

So, in the pre-wotlk patch that went up yesterday, the Seal of Righteousness swings from my holy pally were about 350 holy damage per swing (with the Anami Punisher). Now, I'm swinging for about 125 holy damage with the same gear. I know the damage for some of the seals was reduced, but this seems a bit excessive. Anyone else having the same issue?
    Thanks.

-Uthad

Re: What Happened to SoR? [Echoes patch]

I believe SoR Works off of AP% + Spll Dmg% now instead of just straight Spll dmg. That still seems a little low.

The judgement hits for 400-500, I just tested it. I used to be able to crit a SoR judgement for 3k. Bleh, this is lame. I know it works from both AP and SP now, but this is a little crazy.

They nerfed the hell out of SOR. Even with the judgement inscription, talented SoR, and sunwell gear, SoR hits for half as hard as it used to. They bloody need to double or triple the % of spelldamage in its co-efficient, its really, really unplayable now.
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Why in gods name are you using SoR lol?
    At lvl 66 after patch 3.02 you learn Seal of Vengeance for alliance or Seal of Corruption for horde.

[Fills the Paladin with holy power, causing attacks to apply Holy Vengeance, which deals [(0.016 * SPH + 0.032 * AP) * 6] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Holy Vengeance can stack up to 5 times. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 2 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal [1 + 0.28 * SPH + 0.175 * AP] Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Holy Vengeance on the target.]

That right there is the new tanking seal of choice, blizzard especially changed the stamina = spellpower for the seal alone.
    So its not an issue that they "nerfed" SoR, SoV is flipping sweet... beyond belief we are talking 3000~3500 TPS static with this shit in beta atm.

Note that the OP said his Holy pally. Prolly just soloing, not tanking. I'd advise using SoB or SoV, I believe SoV will scale better w/ spell power, so that'd likely be the one to go with as holy.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

My bad ye, holy pala, still noonetheless SoV scales better with Spellpower.

Are SoV and Seal of Corruption the same? They removed SoB?

he's talking 3k crits. that smells of shockadin, which unfortunately has been nerfed out of existence with this SoR nerf.

i'm in the same boat. i'm just glad i discovered this on the PTR so i had time to start collecting ret gear.

Nope seal of blood still there, SoV and SoCorrupt are same ye. Alliance/Horde.

Horde: Seal of Blood----is the same as----
    Alliance: Seal of the Martyr

Horde: Seal of Corruption-----is the same as----
    Alliance: Seal of Vengeance

Yes, using SoV/SoCorr is far superior to using SoR as holy. If you haven't yet...you will need to go to your trainer to learn the new Seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aplus
    he's talking 3k crits. that smells of shockadin, which unfortunately has been nerfed out of existence with this SoR nerf.

i'm in the same boat. i'm just glad i discovered this on the PTR so i had time to start collecting ret gear.
    Yup, I was a shockadin for soloing and grinding. I'm not expecting those kind of numbers again, I just want something half decent. I guess I'll switch to vengence and see how it goes.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uthad
    Yup, I was a shockadin for soloing and grinding. I'm not expecting those kind of numbers again, I just want something half decent. I guess I'll switch to vengence and see how it goes.
    Ret aura does much more damage now. Run that along with SoR it makes up for what you lost. If you are still running Lamellar switch over to full Ornamented.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Ret aura does much more damage now. Run that along with SoR it makes up for what you lost. If you are still running Lamellar switch over to full Ornamented.
    No, it doesn't. It doesn't nearly make up for it. I'm not even wearing my lamellar, I'm wearing my raid healing gear, which has more spell power. Still judging for 600 instead of 1.5k. The aura helps a little, but overall, this is sad. The new Holy Shock is very good though.

EDIT: well it looks like SoR is "working as intended", so /thread unless you guys have more to add. I'm a sad pally / panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthad
    No, it doesn't. It doesn't nearly make up for it. I'm not even wearing my lamellar, I'm wearing my raid healing gear, which has more spell power. Still judging for 600 instead of 1.5k. The aura helps a little, but overall, this is sad. The new Holy Shock is very good though.

EDIT: well it looks like SoR is "working as intended", so /thread unless you guys have more to add. I'm a sad pally / panda.
    I hope it's not working as intended, it's the only Seal at current that does not cause its damage on Judgement, the coefficients at any weapon speed are also quite poor compared to any other damage seal. If they want us to just start using SoV/SoB instead, they should come out and say it, like they did with Shamans and Rockbiter weapon.

Until they do that, though, steps should be made to make SoR scale better. Altering it to proc on Judgement and scale with haste are just the two smallest problems that need fixed.

yiptastic

bug maybe?

cos there was a stupid bug back in beta/PTR that for some reason, some of your holy damage was counted as physical, so armor of your target will affect your dmg.

check that.