resto druids as main tank healer now

Tried this at level 80 this week.
    Rotations

Rejuv -> regrowth -> lifebloom x3 - > HT as needed - > regrowth rejuv -> HT -> lifebloom

glyphs used
    Regrowth
    Healing touch
    lifebloom

Why do you include wild growth in your spec then?
    for melee heavy fights with aoe damage its nice to toss in

Why no replenish?
    I havent seen a rage starved tank yet

Why no gift of the earthmother?
    lawl... in its current form no thanks

Why HT?
    because glyphed my HT is .9 sec cast and heals for a lot more than nourish, with natures grace procs its .4 sec cast

But lifebloom was nerfed!
    yes healing was dropped slightly mana cost greatly increased... with talents and glyph lifebloom ticks for 10 secs instead of 7 however

Regrowth a viable heal now?
    with the talents we have now + regrowth glyph + living seed almost every time its greath

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

its not perfect i know.. im sure some could argue about moving points around but my tanks heal barely moved and when it did HT was so fast it popped them back up to full

any comments? or has anyone else on beta had different experiences? i havent tested it a lot, did some 5 mans, and a couple naxx bosses

Re: resto druids as main tank healer now

I like Gift of the Earthloler...you can see the difference. I use regrowth and lb glyph..

Call me crazy, but with the glyph, tree form and regrowth idol. I use regrowth more than anything and use hots and aoe in between. Why spend pts in HT and glyph it imo...My regrowths hit for 4100 and more when the glyph compared to 3300 glyphed HT at 1 second cast.

I think regrowth is now the go to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonie

I like Gift of the Earthloler...you can see the difference. I use regrowth and lb glyph..

Call me crazy, but with the glyph, tree form and regrowth idol. I use regrowth more than anything and use hots and aoe in between. Why spend pts in HT and glyph it imo...My regrowths hit for 4100 and more when the glyph compared to 3300 glyphed HT at 1 second cast.

I think regrowth is now the go to cast.

becuz at 80 HT severly outscales the initial damage of regrowth

maybe getting crit gear would be another solution, why, more crit = more seed...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Noonie
    maybe getting crit gear would be another solution, why, more crit = more seed...lol

id actually consider haste now if i was basing my healing around regrowth

glyphed healing touch for me in raid is .85 sec cast if i crit regrowth first i get natures grace and HT is now .35 secs lawl

I've always preferred restoration druids to perform a Heal-Over-Time role. Burning Crusade encounters were unbearable without a tank have Lifebloom and Rejuvenation ticks constantly on him. The fact that blizzard now wants HT to become part of our arsenal of spells kind of strays me away from my role. I provide the highest constant HPS on a tank without having to constantly looking or casting on him.
    Glyphed regrowth which strikes critically (when talented) at least 50% of the time, combined with nature's grace becomes a pretty powerful and efficient Flash Heal.
    PS As to the Replenish use, Blizzard (along with the glyph) wants us to take this talent (and the idol which reduces mana cost) to raid heal, where gaining mana, energy, rage and runic power alot better. Granting a rogue more energy, a priest more mana, or a deathknight more R Power might be beneficial in several encounters.
    (Thinking back to the days of the 2PC T3: http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=521)

Quote Originally Posted by mgp84
    I've always preferred restoration druids to perform a Heal-Over-Time role. Burning Crusade encounters were unbearable without a tank have Lifebloom and Rejuvenation ticks constantly on him. The fact that blizzard now wants HT to become part of our arsenal of spells kind of strays me away from my role. I provide the highest constant HPS on a tank without having to constantly looking or casting on him.
    Glyphed regrowth which strikes critically (when talented) at least 50% of the time, combined with nature's grace becomes a pretty powerful and efficient Flash Heal.
    PS As to the Replenish use, Blizzard (along with the glyph) wants us to take this talent (and the idol which reduces mana cost) to raid heal, where gaining mana, energy, rage and runic power alot better. Granting a rogue more energy, a priest more mana, or a deathknight more R Power might be beneficial in several encounters.
    (Thinking back to the days of the 2PC T3: http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=521)

The problem ive found is that in the cases where my raid is taking a lot of aoe damage and they are spread out that rejuv takes too long to heal, i usually lifebloom or another healer flash heals them. In the case where a large cluster of raid is taking damage wild growth is better (tested on VR last night, i was never below 95% mana and was spamming wild growth on 2 sets of 5 melee the whole fight)

replenish i find most of the time will be used on myself (which 1% mana on 15% chance proc is terrible) or on the main tank (which i havent seen any tank since the patch have problems with rage... even pally tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

The problem ive found is that in the cases where my raid is taking a lot of aoe damage and they are spread out that rejuv takes too long to heal, i usually lifebloom or another healer flash heals them. In the case where a large cluster of raid is taking damage wild growth is better (tested on VR last night, i was never below 95% mana and was spamming wild growth on 2 sets of 5 melee the whole fight)

replenish i find most of the time will be used on myself (which 1% mana on 15% chance proc is terrible) or on the main tank (which i havent seen any tank since the patch have problems with rage... even pally tanks)
    You are correct, I'm just trying to see how Blizzard wants to fit this talent into our arsenal. Back in NAX days, that talent pretty much decided whether or not you progressed. (Again though, those were different days).

I realize it's only one point, but for a glyphed, talented, hasted HT build why even bother taking NS anymore? By the time you hit NS and pop off your heal you could have cast the same heal anyway. It's hard to really defend casting NS with any of the other spells since they're all so fast casting or instant already. HT will hit as hard as Regrowth initial so NS regrowth will just overwrite your current regrowth going anyway, probably better to leave it ticking and pop in a HT. So do you still even use NS?

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    I realize it's only one point, but for a glyphed, talented, hasted HT build why even bother taking NS anymore? By the time you hit NS and pop off your heal you could have cast the same heal anyway. It's hard to really defend casting NS with any of the other spells since they're all so fast casting or instant already. HT will hit as hard as Regrowth initial so NS regrowth will just overwrite your current regrowth going anyway, probably better to leave it ticking and pop in a HT. So do you still even use NS?

glyphed HT outscales the initial regrowth heal... the more healing power you have the greater HT is over regrowth not to mention you can use it as an emergency flash heal. Id still take NS because you can use it on regrowth.. with the regrowth glyph giving 20% more if regrowth is still up its pretty nice plus youll most of the time end up with a natures grace proc after.

so you can NS - regrowth (mostly crit) - and cast a <.40sec HT right after and not have to waste swiftmend cooldown