Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Divine Storm bugged or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    i imagine it means its a physical attack, not a spell aka no resists but is dodgable/parry/w/e. it is holy damage.
    Nope, physical damage. It was already a physical attack. Straight up damage nerf.

Yeah, it sucks that they changed it into a physical attack. I noticed it got changed when it didn't start stacking my DM:C trinket's spell damage buff :P

Oh well though, it still hits like a truck ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    What are you complaining about? Its doing as much or more than your normal attacks/socom's.

Seems right about where it should be. If you want it to hit for more why not level up and get 1337 gears, for massive dmg instead of complaining about what your fresh outlands pally hits for.
    Obviously, because it is NOT where it should be. My average melee swing (character sheet) would be around 600 before armor, with a *minimal* damage of 536. So a holy attack, not reduced by armor, would NEVER to a hundred damage less than the amount, unless *clearly stated* resists.
    If you think I'm stupid enough to pretend 1337 damage on a lowbie char, you are completely wrong. But the attack is NOT fine for my level - and I even stated I was comparing it to PTR, same char, same gear, same level.

RNG, and even IF it does get mitigated by armor its hardly problematic.
    As above, RNG doesn't make an attack do LESS than his minimal damage. And yes, it is problematic because it would be an unnannounced nerf. And if you try to get your head out of the vision that "you are always right" it's obvious that PvE wise having to face zero or 8k armor is a BIG difference.

/facepalm

RNG can cause glancing blows due to uncapped hit.
    Special attacks cannot cause Glancing Blows. Only white hits can. Please go read some game mechanincs data before you state false information as solutions to questions.

It was a hotfixed nerf. There were a few others. Detailed on the Paladin beta board
    Thanks. It seemed I was right to be worried in the end. I'll check the board for updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I been having this problem as well.

I cant wait 4hours for a ticket to GM.

Divine Storm is dealing Physical Damage now. Maybe this is Blizzard's way to balance it.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

The attack itself causes physical damage, the AoE effect causes holy. What's confusing about this?

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    The attack itself causes physical damage, the AoE effect causes holy. What's confusing about this?
    Thats not what the tooltip says though is it...

An instant weapon attack the causes Holy damage to up to 4 enemies within 8 yards.

Says nothing about physical..

If you read any of the offical pala forums you'll see that everyone has this now. This was in the hotfix to tone down Ret burst.

Divine Storm is now a 51 point Whirlwind

I'm very sad about this change ... and it is nice what GhostCrawler said :

Q: Are we going to nerf Ret?
    A: TO THE GROUND BABY. Okay, not really, but sometimes I can't resist. We'll see how much that quote comes back to haunt me. We will probably be making some changes soon, perhaps even hotfixes. We want to be very surgical about what we do. We don't want to overdo it, and we don't want to hurt their sustained PvE damage. When we've decided, I'll make sure you all know.

yes he said surgical, but it seems to me that they was surgical just like a mammoth in a swarovski shop ....

Quote Originally Posted by nkz78
    yes he said surgical, but it seems to me that they was surgical just like a mammoth in a swarovski shop ....
    What are you complaing about, our damage is still off the charts.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I havent got a clue whats going on with DPS right now compared to others. Some people say the didn't even notice the difference and only lost like a few hundred dps while others are going /wrists about this and heralding this as the coming of the third dark age.

I'll log in tonight and give it a whirl(wind?), see what I think but if we now have a 41point MS without healing debuff and a 51point WW with a small heal slapped on it, it kinda looks pretty pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    What are you complaing about, our damage is still off the charts.
    When you say "off the charts" do you mean compared to 2.4 or compared to the other 3.0 specs?

Mostly 2.4, but when compared to the other classes we are still one of the highest damage dealing classes around.

And this is after the DullStorm nerf?

Hmm I'll try it tonight, see how I keep up. I have to say Im skeptical.

They still are ripping up the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKosh
    And this is after the DullStorm nerf?

Hmm I'll try it tonight, see how I keep up. I have to say Im skeptical.
    Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Judgement easily gets someone under 35% health, after that tossing a hammer is usually enough if not you stun and wait for a cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account

Sigh, so Blizz caved to the nubstorm finally...

Guess I'll be leveling my mage instead, 2-3shotting ppl is as fun ranged and there won't ever be a friggin hotfix on mages "zomg mag burst dmg mast be nurfed" like there was today.

Why oh why couldn't they have waited until lvl80...
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

I do not know what some of you call a huge damage ouput -cause as far as I am concerned, we do not have it any longer.

After the hotfix, DS damage has been not only halved, but often doing abnormally low damage; I have had 500-ish DS hits... can someone please explain that? I was having 3700 DS crits last night, this morning I had 1800 highest.

Our damage is looking scaringly random again. Random like in a 2500 - 9000 damage bracket after a full DPS rotation (my numbers)