Discipline priests: leave your Grace feedback here.

I am in a hurry now, will put more story here when i get back.

but please, what do you think of grace, do you have it, do you think its good to have or will you spec out of it, is the duration on its recipient long enough, too short, waaaay too short, just right, should the +heal affect more healers (with less extra healing given?) etc etc, leave anything you wanna say.

tnx in advance

link for spell workings: click here.

Re: Discipline priests: leave your Grace feedback here.

I usually start off with a POM, renew and penance to get grace going, deffinitely a nice side effect from penance that makes life a little smother.

Some things I have noticed.. I started stacking int to increase the benefits of rapture because it returns a percentage of your total and this gets you a larger mana pool. I think there is more return from stacking int instead of spirit.

Next, I started stacking crit, my crit use to be rly low, and during heavy aoe the next thing I know is most of the group is bubbled from divine aegis from POM bouncing around. I had stacks of badges so I decided to get the Tormented Demonsoul Robes and used a haste gem, the robes have a substantial amount of crit and int which rly helps benefit more from the discipline talents.

Next, not so much healing related, in heroic runs seems like Mobs just fall over and die. If two or three of the dps is around 900dps or so mobs are just dead. I have a macro to apply SWP to the tanks target and most things are dead before it ticks twice. The warrior I run with I could usually keep up with in dmg if i bounced pom and kept up SWP, is now usually 2nd or 3rd in dmg done. We didn't use much CC before and now use none so things die faster. We pulled 2 large grps in H. SL before the 2nd boss and we just chewed through them. I used fade, kept up renew and alternated penance and flash heal, kept the tank up fine and everything stayed glued to the tank.

Grace is a poor mans BoS. Plain and simple.

Grace needs a buff, period. It needs to either buff all healing, and a longer duration. 15 sec ideally.

Its ALMOST there, but still falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Grace is a poor mans BoS. Plain and simple.

Grace needs a buff, period. It needs to either buff all healing, and a longer duration. 15 sec ideally.

Its ALMOST there, but still falls short.
    15 seconds, or 18 seconds, most buffs are one of these, and both would work fine.

its come to the point of speccing out of grace, its not feasable to keep it up on a target and heal my group (5 man) and during the ZA i did this was the same, theres just too many things i need to do to realistically keep it up.

reduce the healing bonus, and make it for every healer healing the target, simple, effective, elegant.

I think this will be my PvP spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Grace and 1/3 Blessed Recovery combined with Focused Will provide decent dispel fodder, which is very important for discipline, especially after 3.0.

Talents I wish I could fit into this build, in order of want: Enlightenment, 3/3 Improved PW:Shield, Absolution, Twin Disciplines, Searing Light

Quote Originally Posted by Arlin
    I think this will be my PvP spec:

Grace and 1/3 Blessed Recovery combined with Focused Will provide decent dispel fodder, which is very important for discipline, especially after 3.0.

Talents I wish I could fit into this build, in order of want: Enlightenment, 3/3 Improved PW:Shield, Absolution, Twin Disciplines, Searing Light
    then id take this one if i were you: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

DA = magic buff, absorbs damage, OR protects a buff
    DS = protects a buff, no need for improved

alternatively, this one has improved MB which is good

No unbreakable will or improved mana burn...?

Discipline is the best single target Healer inagme, espacially at lvl 80. The combination of crit shield an speed is amazing with the bonus of grace is simply awesome. Maybe you aren't the big healmeter champion, but although you are competitive and needed because of 2 reasons:

1. The imp divine Spirit Buff is really important now for manareg bonus heal and bonus dmg
    2. The pallies can do their new crosshealing style with the holy light glyph and keeping just an eye on the tanks without having to concentrate on them

Finally, we priests are really well off in concerns of healing. Discipline is awesome in PVP, you won't loosing against anyone in 1v1 (maybe rogues), and your bg healing is amazing. At lvl 80 on beta, you can do the same job also as heal priest, but my advice, play only 5o5 arena then ^^.

About Holy: CoH ist still the absolute best AOE Healing spell. Yesterday in the felmyst tries I rolled out every other healer by 2% exept the healdruid with 0,3% (their new aoe heal is also amazing) and that with lower gear than the others. So we can't really complain about holy, and at lvl 80 with the new changes on PoM, its great.

On live shadow is an issue, but if you checked the new beta things, it's ok. Shadow is doing the most dmg selfbuffed on the puppets actually, beating even warlocks atm. VT will be the new best dot, then SW:P and DP (quite equal), but ehm, rethink yor entire gear and get some crit rating ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    Discipline is the best single target Healer inagme, espacially at lvl 80. The combination of crit shield an speed is amazing with the bonus of grace is simply awesome. Maybe you aren't the big healmeter champion, but although you are competitive and needed because of 2 reasons:

1. The imp divine Spirit Buff is really important now for manareg bonus heal and bonus dmg
    2. The pallies can do their new crosshealing style with the holy light glyph and keeping just an eye on the tanks without having to concentrate on them

Finally, we priests are really well off in concerns of healing. Discipline is awesome in PVP, you won't loosing against anyone in 1v1 (maybe rogues), and your bg healing is amazing. At lvl 80 on beta, you can do the same job also as heal priest, but my advice, play only 5o5 arena then ^^.

About Holy: CoH ist still the absolute best AOE Healing spell. Yesterday in the felmyst tries I rolled out every other healer by 2% exept the healdruid with 0,3% (their new aoe heal is also amazing) and that with lower gear than the others. So we can't really complain about holy, and at lvl 80 with the new changes on PoM, its great.

On live shadow is an issue, but if you checked the new beta things, it's ok. Shadow is doing the most dmg selfbuffed on the puppets actually, beating even warlocks atm. VT will be the new best dot, then SW:P and DP (quite equal), but ehm, rethink yor entire gear and get some crit rating ^^
    1: No. It is not. At all. Arcane intellect will give far more regen over the course of a fight. And there is no +dmg componant - on account of it being over written by the nearest shaman.

Disc PvP will lose 1v1. Retadins specifically. Unlike rogues - they can heal. You cannot mana burn them effectively. Just takes a while for you to die.

CoH is full of win.

How will Vt be the new best DoT? Have you seen it's coefficient?

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    0/5 Holy Specialization? Our one talent that provides added crit.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    0/5 Holy Specialization? Our one talent that provides added crit.
    Imp renew + healing focus, i prefer that over holy spec, and i have 4/5 divine fury because with the 5% haste i get from enlightenment my GH is at 2.48 seconds cast. i find divine fury better than holy spec, but that might be personal, you can have different preferences.

@ arlin

yeah, im specced for sort of half and half at the moment, healing some instances/raids and throwing in some pvp now and then. if i were full pvp i would have unbreakable will

*edit*

also, dont get comfortable with CoH as it is working now, they will reinstate the cooldown of 6 (i think?) seconds soon, meaning holy will still rock in group healing, but the CoH spam that takes us MILES ahead of other healers will be a thing of the past.

dont think of it as a nerf, think of it as balancing, same thing as divine storm for paladins and lifebloom for druids, balancing things out 8)