Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how long till the Spriest nerf bat strikes?

So i ran both heroics, as well as a ZA yesterday... and wow... wow... My gear is good but not great by any means. I was competing with tier 5/6 healers- not only did i come out top 1-2 on dmg meters, but i came out ON TOP of healing meters, i was doing 40% of the healing between 3 healers. I know they nerfed our mana regen utility, but this seems waaaayyyy OP to even me. So im just wondering, how long do u think itll take before the dreaded nerf bat strikes again?

Re: So how long till the Spriest nerf bat strikes?

You sir, are a victim of improper scaling. Certain specs (frost mages, boomkins, ret paladins) are kinda ridiculous at the moment. I hadn't noticed anything outrageous but shadow priests were doing some decent damage.

In 10 levels, you wont be thinking that anymore, thats a guarantee.

Blizzard already stated they will reduce the VE party heal to be able to balance Shadow Priest damage.

They've also told us the Numbers : 5% Party Heal and 25% Selfheal.

I've got standard BT gear, yesterday's run resulted in me beating every single healer. It's kinda OP, it does deserve that nerf since we can do better dps and heal as pure healing specs which is unfair. I ran a heroic with guildmates, our healer didn't throw a single heal. I know that encounters are terribly nerfed but still.. instead of 1 healer you can take 2 shadow priests. Kinda unfair, OP and yea, I agree with the nerf that's incoming. It's logical and won't put the game to imbalance.

already got nerfed + most of the VE heals are overheals
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

I dont think we will get nerfed anymore except for the VE healing, but that is fine with me. This nerf will lower the aggro on us, hence more dps on the target. I dont think we will be nerfed anymore because we are still lower on dps than other classes, and they have made a statement that they want to buff us because they nerfed our main utility as a raiding tool in TBC. So lets sit back and relax and let the buffs roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by maevtr
    So i ran both heroics, as well as a ZA yesterday... and wow... wow... My gear is good but not great by any means. I was competing with tier 5/6 healers- not only did i come out top 1-2 on dmg meters, but i came out ON TOP of healing meters, i was doing 40% of the healing between 3 healers. I know they nerfed our mana regen utility, but this seems waaaayyyy OP to even me. So im just wondering, how long do u think itll take before the dreaded nerf bat strikes again?
    be the last dps on dmg meters(about 1900 dps) on brutallus and see how you get oom in kj and you wont feel op

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    be the last dps on dmg meters(about 1900 dps) on brutallus and see how you get oom in kj and you wont feel op
    I've already seen WWS reports of 2200 DPS on Brut. You're undergeared for it or you haven't figured out the right spell rotation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    I've already seen WWS reports of 2200 DPS on Brut. You're undergeared for it or you haven't figured out the right spell rotation yet.
    75% of all statistics are made up.

Show us some of those WWS reports, otherwise, your statement was pointless. Funny that you just post to insult someone.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    While I also have seen those numbers, I wouldn't say you're nessary undergeared for Brutallus if you "only" do 1900 dps. You know ,some of us only did 1200 when we killed him before the patch.

(Hell yeah, I killed Kil'jaeden in MGT loot, so beat it.)

Why even CARE about spell rotations now that raiding is such a laughable joke...

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    Funny, I beat the warlocks, but that's also about it.

Spec Dispersion and you shouldn't have mana issues on Kil'jaeden. Atleast not with lolmode 5-6min kills.

I'm actually going to enjoy the VE "nerf". It'll let me heal myself through SW strikes without cries of "NOOB" and "AGGRO WHORE" arising from my mates.

they're just nerfing the hp return to the party
    we get to keep the current VE just to ourselves :3

raids at the moment are a joke, so hey, nothing really supprising in that area.

But with the nerf coming to VE and the buff coming to the new shadow form, everything should even out and make shadow priests a fine DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    I'm actually going to enjoy the VE "nerf". It'll let me heal myself through SW strikes without cries of "NOOB" and "AGGRO WHORE" arising from my mates.
    ^ This
    Makes me happy. Im looking forward to it as well.
    - Melting Faces since 2006 -

Looking also forward to it. Reduces actually alot of threat.

I have a wonder, is it hard to try and get aggro over the tanks now? If u go all out and SW and MD and all that jazz?
    ive always had a problem with that.
    I used to be a tank so kinda like that aggro, but not cloth

It's hard to do nowdays and it was hard to do prepatch if tanks were good. Look at your spec right, take shadow affinity if you need to, but shadowforms threatreduce should be enough already..

Have to get my account goin again and then i can see if im the aggro monkey that i used to be.
    It would feel damn good to go all out.
    have to look at my spec again and see whats good.