Thread: Lightwell

Lightwell

Anyone any ideas where to use the the "improved lolwell"?
    Anyone playing beta and knowing any instance where it is usable?

I thought hours about it, but i dont have any... My job as a healer is to heal others, not to provide some disco feeling... Dont think, a melee or caster has enough time to click on that thing to get healing, while doing damage. Maybe WLs?

Re: Lightwell

When can you use it?
    All the time, its cooldown equals its duration now.

When can dps use it?
    Whenever they like.
    Whenever they are close to death.
    When they have to stop dps for aggro reset.
    When they have to stop dps for immunity/phase change.
    When many players are missing health.
    When the healer is low on mana.

When can YOU use it?
    As the healer you will occasionally be missing health, healing with the lightwell can get you out of the 5sr if no one else needs heals.

If you don't like the talent don't get it, but it is extremely powerful now and well worth its 1 point. If you cannot think of specific examples for the situations I mentioned then you obviously haven't raided.

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    If you don't like the talent don't get it, but it is extremely powerful now and well worth its 1 point. If you cannot think of specific examples for the situations I mentioned then you obviously haven't raided.
    Didnt say there are absolutely no situation, where I would not using it. But there are rare situations with a "camp" and a "tank". Standing staticaly at same positions. (Like in classic.)
    If I want to use it only for me, then i can go for Herbalism again, or even use some First Aid. Except for fights with lot AOE.
    Most ranged DPS is distributed, most melee not.
    Avoiding aggro shold be gone yet, changing phases: yes, of course, you are right.

I like the idea behind the well, healing 10 people with very small amount of mana. I would not say it is "extremely powerful", because its static. The question for me is, should i spend 1 point to a talent when it is not useful in any situation? Or should i increase my holy reach, or investing this point in some other useful talent? Spending 14 point in discipline is leaving less room for holy...

Ok, just wait for the 2-spec feature.

Thanks for the answer.

Is questioning here too offensive? Or have i missed anything?

on my priest i like to set it near the lock/locks so they can life tap and click and not wait for healing or distract the other healer/healers.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Quote Originally Posted by EbGbZ
    on my priest i like to set it near the lock/locks so they can life tap and click and not wait for healing or distract the other healer/healers.
    This was my last idea... I am trying to test this talent soon. Now thats not interrupting until you get 30% damage based on your health, its better than before.

Thanks.

With how little the mobs are hitting for now. I actually put it next to my main tank and he got the full tics off of it. LW + Renew and I hardly ever had to heal him. Heck, I hardly had to heal at all. I think the new lightwell is going to be very solid. Much better than it was before to say the least.