Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the preferred Spriest spell rotation

What is your favorite spell sequence?

Re: What is the preferred Spriest spell rotation

there is one?

Deleted

keep your dots up and mindblast and sw:d on cooldown. of course not if u gonna 1shot yourself this will change with wotlk maybe, don t know if sw:d is worth beeing in a rotation then, we ll see
    sry for bad english ;P

well if you spec into refreshing your SW:Pain, then just between VT, mind blast then SWeath, devouring plague,then flay, flay, mind blast...

I always put my dots up first then go into mind blast and mind flay.

i.e. VT, DP,SW:P,MB,SW, MB,MF,MF,and refresh dots and repeat. If im raiding then i put VE between VT and SW:P.

I haven't tested this rotation b/c my guild stopped raiding and i haven't had time. If there is a better rotation can someone pls inform me. Thank you.

There's no such thing as a rotation for a shadowpriest.

Deleted

well said nezoia

Anyway, 3.0

Keep following spells up 100% of the time:

SW:P (Refreshed by Mind Flay, only cast once)
    Devouring Plague every 24 seconds
    Vampiric Touch every 15 seconds
    Vampiric Embrace each minute (Raid wide, does MAJOR healing)

Use following abilities on cooldown, in following order:

1. Mind Blast
    2. Mind Flay

Use desto potions / haste potions as it fits you, preferable with heroism.

Use your first shadowfiend when you hit 65% mana. Use the second as it fits you, and Dispersion when it's situational (such as while having Fire Bloom on Kil'jaeden.)

There, shadowpriests 101 explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima
    well if you spec into refreshing your SW:Pain, then just between VT, mind blast then SWeath, devouring plague,then flay, flay, mind blast...
    LOL yay school rumble!

Please note how Mind Blast got higher prior than SW (if you choose to use it, I don't) , due to how Replenishment works.

Basicly you want to Mind Blast on every CD to get max mana for your raid setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Please note how Mind Blast got higher prior than SW (if you choose to use it, I don't) , due to how Replenishment works.

Also something to take into account is that with the new replenishment rule, it doesnt stack with other replenishment buffs ie) hunters and ret pallies

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiboy0100
    LOL yay school rumble!
    Haha you caught me!!! 

Quote Originally Posted by Harima
    Also somethign to take into account is that with the new replenishment rule, it doesnt stack with other replenishment buffs ie) hunters and ret pallies
    Doesn't stack, but afaik you can have replenishment on 10 people, per replenishment provider.

So 3 providers = 30 people (if up at the same time.)

Atleast it did seem to work that way in today's SWP. Nobody had mana problems today, but again non fight but KJ latested over 3min.

Doesn't stack, but afaik you can have replenishment on 10 people, per replenishment provider.

So 3 providers = 30 people (if up at the same time.)

Atleast it did seem to work that way in today's SWP. Nobody had mana problems today, but again non fight but KJ latested over 3min.
    Seems to pass over people who have the buff given by someone else. From my exp as well.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I love to use SW, but i always let the healers know that i am a kamikaze priest.

Quote Originally Posted by skojten
    I love to use SW, but i always let the healers know that i am a kamikaze priest.
    The recoil does very little damage now. VE outheal it easily.

Huh? SWD doesn't proc replenishment??

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    Yes, that's was kinda my point...

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    Doesn't proc replenishment, but both MB and SW crits proc Imp. Spirit Tap.

There is no spell rotation as such, instead spriests have a spell priority, that being:

1. VT
    2. SW:P
    3. MB
    4. SW
    5. MF

However, the priority can get a little blurred if you don't care about maximising your mana regen and want to maximise your DPS, depending on when dots are about to expire and when abilities are comming off CD it can be better to MB, SW or finish a MF channel instead of refresing dots.

In addition, with changes to the coefficent to MF and the fact that it can now crit and the new talent that allows spriest to crit for 100% more damage I believe that SW is a very minor dps upgrade to MF so I believe a lot of the spriest in beta are leaving SW out of the rotation because the slight dps upgrade is very minor and not worth the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    so I believe a lot of the spriest in beta are leaving SW out of the rotation because the slight dps upgrade is very minor and not worth the backlash.
    I believe it is more a mana issue than anything else.