Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best proffesions

What are the best proff for priests in WoTLk? Tailor / enchant?

Re: Best proffesions

That is my guess especially since my priest is already a tailor/enchanter.

In almost 4 years of WoW i have not found 1 single profession to be extraordinarily better than the next.. each has its own niche and im sure it will continue as such... choose your profs as the ones you want to do nothing more nothing less.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

"In almost 4 years of WoW i have not found 1 single profession to be extraordinarily better than the next"

Two words: Alchemists Trinket.

The thing gives ~20MP5 more the memento of tyrande, something that i WOULD consider to be extraordinarily better.

I'm rolling Alchemist and Herbalist, spellpower herbs from Northrend is superb when you need your single combat potion for something else, like mana.

And the free heal means you don't need to save a CD for a healthstone.

Pretty perfect in my opinion, besides that I get ALOT extra spellpower, and 4 hour flask duration \o/

depends on the class.

Shaman - LW/JC/Enchanting/Engineering/Alchemy
    Warlock/Mage/Priest - Tailoring/JC or Enchanting
    Plate Tanks - Blacksmithing(Armorsmithing)/JCing or Enchanting
    Leather Tanks/Melee - LW/JC/Enchanting/Engineering/Alchemy

The ones with multiples can choose a combo of the two to get the greatest benefit to them. This is just a generalization though, as Healers, DPS, and Tanks that are hybrids will go for different ones. Like a resto druid may do Alchemy and LW whilst a Boomkin may go Enchanting and JCing.

Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Welcome to the Priest forum -- I guess he's talking about the priest class.

Tailor/JC/Alchemy or Enchanting.

I would prolly toss out Tailoring and have a coin flip on the other three. JC has awesome 'socketable' trinkets with 3 rare-jc only gems which give a high boost to damage. Alchemy gains in the area of 62.5 +spellpower from the top flask and a 4 hour duration. Enchanting has ring enchants.

Myself... I am a mining engineer and will never change. I am just a stubborn old Dwarf.

My priest mainly PvPs and i do Engineering/Tailoring. Netherweave nets and Frost nades = win. To bad frost nades BLOW now. H8ublizz. But yea, Engineering really works for any class. + its fun. Every profession has its perks. Its all based on your play style and what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

The frost nades do 10 times the damage they once did. Althou, being a stupid shadow priest with no escape or stun/snare immune, being able to nova that warrior/rogue was a nice benefit. The slow is still nice... it just aint no nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    The frost nades do 10 times the damage they once did. Althou, being a stupid shadow priest with no escape or stun/snare immune, being able to nova that warrior/rogue was a nice benefit. The slow is still nice... it just aint no nova.
    50% slow on nades is the same as hamstring and crip. So yay I get to slow them as much as they're slowing me and still get face rolled. Fade for a sec to get out and get nailed with the snare again. Hardly as fun or as useful as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    50% slow on nades is the same as hamstring and crip. So yay I get to slow them as much as they're slowing me and still get face rolled. Fade for a sec to get out and get nailed with the snare again. Hardly as fun or as useful as it used to be.
    L2fear? Timed well you should get the distance you need... And yes, warriors can be feared.

Nade -> Fear -> Fade -> Win.... Just for the love of good... Dont let the warr intercept you.

Imo tailoring/encahnting... Fits sooo well with the priest class imo. + think tailoring with the new backenchant got on line with the others... Well more or less + there is proberly gonna be some "tailoring only" recipies thats gonna benefit us like FSW.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Priear

Imo tailoring/encahnting... Fits sooo well with the priest class imo. + think tailoring with the new backenchant got on line with the others... Well more or less + there is proberly gonna be some "tailoring only" recipies thats gonna benefit us like FSW.
    The cloak enchant may be worth having - but it is not a mechanic I personally like.

Tailoring only recipe's are a LOT worse than FSW ever was. They will not be putting a trained set with that sort of power in the game again. It screwed with their progression mechanics.

On top of that the tailoring only spellthreads suck balls - same buffs for less mats! I would rather have same mats for more buffs.

i guess we are gonna see now 10million threads about
    "whats the best professions for priest?"
    "whats the best professions for holy?"

seriously can't you just read back? decide by yourself? understand that its really not that important?

if i were you i would go for alchemy and herbalism, cause they give good cash, herb is another heal n all.
    if i were you i would go enchanting and inscription, extra glyph and creating enchants to sell on ah.
    if i were you i would go tailoring and enchanting cause every damn clothie has these professions, then there must be soming behind it.
    if i were you i would go LW and skining, to create drums and for the nice leg-threads and wrist enchants which are improved.
    if i were you i'd go mining and engineering, i heard awesome engineering pets in wotlk! and a nice way to make money.

i can continue this list almost forever, on any combination, any profession you can benifit. stop making it such a "serious" descision, be abit original, take jewlcrafting and blacksmithing, you'll be the only one with this combination.
    profession choice, as was said in the last 10 threads about "whats the best professions", is not that important, you won't have the "mooncloth"/"shadowcloth" set as a tailor again, and even if there is, re-roll isn't something that is hard to do.

(how to reroll a profession: you go to your char info to the skills, and click the profession you want to unlearn, click on "unlearn" and then click "accept" and walla - you can reroll w/e profession you like).

meowmeow:

So far there only been one threat, and it's been a decent discussion. Your post is the most offtopic one, and since you didden't contribute, just shut up?

Had this been in Classic, and we had know about Tailoring, we would have said tailoring considering how FSW lasted all the way up to T6 chest. (Iknow alot of shadowpriests that didden't replace it before T6).

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Had this been in Classic, and we had know about Tailoring, we would have said tailoring considering how FSW lasted all the way up to T6 chest. (Iknow alot of shadowpriests that didden't replace it before T6).
    That includes me. Shoulders were replaced by t6. Boots never got replaced.

Genius ^_^

Ebonweave Robe
    +67 Stamina
    +89 Intellect
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 68 (1.82% @ L80).
    Equip: Increases spell power by 105.

versus

Robes of Ghostly Hatred
    +39 Stamina
    +40 Intellect
    +32 Spirit
    Red Socket
    Red Socket
    Yellow Socket
    Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 26 (1.18% @ L70).
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 27 (1.71% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases spell power by 71.

or

Shroud of Absolution
    +36 Stamina
    +39 Intellect
    Yellow Socket
    Yellow Socket
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 20 (1.27% @ L70).
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 21 (0.95% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases spell power by 61.
    Equip: Restores 12 mana per 5 sec.

---

Well, the hit rating is nice, but it's not really a large upgrade. More reasonable against Tier 6 (which I have now), but I'm not sure I would upgrade it over Ghostly Hatred if I got it.

It's hard to tell how important hit rating will be compared to other pieces.

But the tailor pieces are BoE, which should give me the best of 2 worlds (Alchemy AND Tailoring pieces).

But the comments also describe pieces like Water-Drenched Robes (blues) that is equal/better (depending on view), than the epic, and most likely, ALOT easier/cheaper to get.

I'm sure my gold can be spend better.

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    moonshroud robe. looks decent for a beginning set. sure the hell worth having. I'd rather be rolling in that than some crap quest blues.
    BOE.

So far all the Tailoring items are BOE. Has tailoring seen its day?

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    BOE.

So far all the Tailoring items are BOE. Has tailoring seen its day?
    The question is tho... are they going to *stay* boe... there are alot of things on the Beta done for testing purposes. Is BOE gear one of them?
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

I'm already enchanting / herbalism, keeping those. Herbalism is a good moneyspring and gives free healing spell (usable in Sform!) and enchanting due to more spelldamage.

Dropped tailoring year ago and not missing it.