Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CoH needs a nerf (I know you will all crucify me).

I am a former SW priest that had its guild fall apart and I am basically a gun for hire right now. I did a BT up to BB last night with a t5 guild and after the first boss I realized a problem. CoH is incredibly overpowered to the point were it isn't even fun anymore. In the past when I casted CoH to heal a group it healed that group only. For spot healing I used flash heal. Now with CoH being a "Smart" heal you literally don't even need flash heal. What made me a great healer was being spot on with my clutch flash heal but now when somebody in group 5 takes 3k dmg it is healed by the priest that was spamming the rogue in group 2. No skill whatsoever. It became so dull at the end I literally clicked on one mage in group 3 and just spammed CoH on him the last 3 boss fights and was number one on healing. I really would like a 3-6 second cool down on the spell cause I DON'T want to spam one button for the next 2 years in this expansion. Or of course you can make it the way it used to be.

Re: CoH needs a nerf (I know you will all crucify me).

Welcome to the life of us pally healers lol :P

WATCH OUT YOU GOTTA MOVE!!!

ho wait... its instant

And random healing makes you a good healer?

l2p issues my friend ...

Coh is fine stop moaning.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

They ARE putting a 6 second cooldown on it. QQ less.

I think you're not quite right in saying that.

You really should look at the other healing classes and see how well they are doing atm. We've done ZA with one pally healer and a shadow priest. Pallies are incredible healers atm, as are druids - and the existing content in TBC is almost idiot proof from a tanking, damage and healing perspective.

Remember what you and others are experiencing now is a bit one off as everything is now oriented to level 80 content.

You may wish to take a look at dwarfpriest.com and check out her analysis (which is backed up by hard numbers) rather than making statements which seem a bit trollish in nature.

Anyway, hope I didn't "crucify you" but what I'm trying to say is that you should look around you a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    And random healing makes you a good healer?

l2p issues my friend ...

Coh is fine stop moaning.
    If you just want to spam one button then fine by me. If you want variety then you will want it changed. 90% of my healing was Coh with 20% overhealing. So that makes me look amazing without even being skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    They ARE putting a 6 second cooldown on it. QQ less.
    I heard for at least 3 months about the cooldown but I never saw it on the beta or now in live.

Quote Originally Posted by Elicium
    I think you're not quite right in saying that.

You really should look at the other healing classes and see how well they are doing atm. We've done ZA with one pally healer and a shadow priest. Pallies are incredible healers atm, as are druids - and the existing content in TBC is almost idiot proof from a tanking, damage and healing perspective.

Remember what you and others are experiencing now is a bit one off as everything is now oriented to level 80 content.

You may wish to take a look at dwarfpriest.com and check out her analysis (which is backed up by hard numbers) rather than making statements which seem a bit trollish in nature.

Anyway, hope I didn't "crucify you" but what I'm trying to say is that you should look around you a bit more.
    No I understand you completely. And you are kinda right. I have cleared 25 man naxx on the beta and even with minimal gear I was still destroying everybody. Judgement of light for pallys right now is makeing the really sick. From what ive seen though Druids and Shamans are getting left in the dust. I havent seen a druid healer in all the naxx pugs ive done be even close to anybody else on healing. They are always dead last. Now I know the point of a Druid healer is to be a damage buffer for the rest of the casted heal classes but the point of the expansion was to diversify them a bit. I still saw no pallys near me or the other priest at all.

The same was said about Chain Heal. It's fine. If you don't like pushing one button roll a warrior.

CoH is imba now. By design. So is chain heal.

I can't quite deal with someone complaining how efficient and intelligent a heal is.

Spec Disc if you don't want it?

Right now all boss have had their HP cut by 30%. This makes boss fights really short. Thus burning your mana is alright, since the fight will end before you go oom. As you see content that is not nerfed and is appropriate for your gear, I predict you running oom before the boss dies.

hmm, although i agree with what you say about the problem (it is boooooring), a cd is definitely NOT the solution. Just take away the stupid "zomg intelligent healz" and pop hps up a bit while keeping the hpm if necissary (makes you go oom if you use it overmuch, but it does give it a use case!)

Quote Originally Posted by Handora
    I am a former SW priest that had its guild fall apart and I am basically a gun for hire right now. I did a BT up to BB last night with a t5 guild and after the first boss I realized a problem. CoH is incredibly overpowered to the point were it isn't even fun anymore. In the past when I casted CoH to heal a group it healed that group only. For spot healing I used flash heal. Now with CoH being a "Smart" heal you literally don't even need flash heal. What made me a great healer was being spot on with my clutch flash heal but now when somebody in group 5 takes 3k dmg it is healed by the priest that was spamming the rogue in group 2. No skill whatsoever. It became so dull at the end I literally clicked on one mage in group 3 and just spammed CoH on him the last 3 boss fights and was number one on healing. I really would like a 3-6 second cool down on the spell cause I DON'T want to spam one button for the next 2 years in this expansion. Or of course you can make it the way it used to be.
    Anyone got that cross ready yet? I brought the nails

My 57 Priest which I'm working on now is actually kinda agreeing with you...but still.....keeps us on par with shams for raid healing...i guess.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

If you played beta, you would know that CoH is quite inefficient at level 80. In my blues at level 80, I have exactly the same regen I did at 70 in t6, even though have 400 more intellect and spirit. But CoH costs twice the amount of mana. Even with 20k mana, CoH will drain the crap out of your mana if you sat there and spammed it. The reason CoH is so OP now is that in raids and even groups with the right buffs, you can have well over 300 mp5 while casting, and with the right talents CoH costs barely much more mana than this. So semi-conservative use of the spell can lead to you barely losing 30% of your mana in a boss fight.

In WotLK however, two things changed. One, everyone's gear sucks, everyone takes a ton of damage, no one knows how to do the fights, and more power to you if you can find a mage to make you food among the sea of DKs. The other thing is, like I said, CoH's mana cost will destroy your mana if you're stupid enough to spam it. Disc is also not so viable without +crit gear, so I settled for a half-and-half build (no CoH, no Penance) and have had little problems keeping up with healing even in Naxx. You just need to grow some skill.

Hm well whit smart geroup makeup it was baisicly same before..... Not totaly but baisicly and i mostly healed whit CoH

If you just want to spam one button then fine by me. If you want variety then you will want it changed. 90% of my healing was Coh with 20% overhealing. So that makes me look amazing without even being skilled.
    no it doesnt... anyone who runs meters would at least see what you cast most. If its 75%+ COH, you're just a monkey behind a keyboard.

Everyone repeat with me now:

Things that are balanced with level 80 in mind may seem overpowered at 70. TBC raids != WotLK raids.

VE > CoH !

Holy Nova + Glyph + innervate = lol at Twins