Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: CoH needs a nerf (I know you will all crucify me).

i must say all this is really stupid:

coh might seem overpower now to ppl, since all encounters are nerfed, and all encounters to sw geared players take 1-5 mins (at least for my guild, going mh 40 mins, bt 1.5hours and then sw 1 hour in one night).

so yes, with my gear i have 20% holy crit, 1535 spelpower unbuffed, and 12k mana pool. so yes i can spam coh like a "monkey" "bot" how ever you want to call it.

Yet, this doesn't mean coh is close to be overpowered: the mana cost of it is extremely high to the amount it heals. i don't know if you noticed, usually you take 2 CoH priests (called also "cross healing") atleast we do, and then CoH seems massively effective when 2 "spam" it. Yet with 1 CoH priest alone you will notice the amount of heal it does is really low compared to the high mana cost. CoH doesn't need a CD or a nerf to my veiw and i shall explain why:
    if you have played on beta on a level 80 charr you would ignore this thread, naxx 10m and 25m the "raid healing" isn't like in sunwell (where encounters were build around "you need CoH"). From what i noticed from heroics 10ms, and 25ms, the main healing and my main attention went on tanks, the raid damage isn't a issue on most encounters, on most encounters you can leave a player with 50% hp trusting him to click the lightwell (which should be fixed, a dps needs to change his target to click it, same with a healer).
    the other reason i believe it shouldn't get a CD is because its not a spamable spell: as in if the encounter is 2 mins, you can spam it cause you'll be oom when the encounter is over, yet for an encounter that will last more then 5-6 mins, i doubt you will see any priest spaming it. on the beta, when i raid healed, i usually CoH once with the prom jumping around and hoped for a SoL proc (which usually comes), to give the flash to the one that CoH didn't heal him, i open a lightwell and ppl just click it.
    the final reason i think that coh doesn't need a nerf besides the fact that a priest will go oom if he stands and spams it. healing with CoH when its not needed, and not using the correct spell (for example coh a tank instead of a greater heal) usually finds himself guildless, or doesn't raid much, his healing might be on the top score of the beloved meter everyone looks and check. yet when you check spell usage and see 100% coh you know he didn't do anything to contribute much (or in other words a bad player).

i read a thread about twins: (holy nova + glyph + inervate = lol at twins).
    for one holynova for one only heals your group, holy nova also costs almost same as PoH. While CoH isn't limited to your group. have fun spaming it though, don't forget your inervate call, holy nova spam is 30 secs -> oom, and thats really not the way to kill twins. i dont want to get into personal levels and asking you how many times you bombed the raid, i just assume you haven't tried healing with holy nova, you didn't read the tooltip and you missed it. i will also assume it was just a joke, and that you didn't do twins ever just like you didn't know holynova doesn't effect the whole raid only your party.

if you will spam CoH without combining Prom and the flash heal from SoL, to my veiw thats not a good player, and probably by spaming only coh is how to do it NOW when every thing is nerfed and easy. Yet, usually a piest that only spams his CoH button without combining other spells fails.
    meters isn't the only thing ppl look at. in progressed guilds, coh spam doesn't work, in progressed encounters (which aren't terriably nerfed so kara geared ppl could see what sunwell is about) coh spam will not work. in progressed pve: coh spam never works, just like a shaman chain heal spam doesn't work, the heal needs to be smart:
    the correct person with the correct heal. if the tank needs a greater heal, and you give him a flash heal you also fail.

to sum it up: coh doesn't need a nerf. it only seems like this because of all the encounters nerf so that all the ppl that didn't manage to get to BT and sunwell could manage to kill abit and see the end game encounters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Spec Disc if you don't want it?

i was the first one to take up the talent coh when tbc arrived, i was labelled a noob back then. but i had loads of healing power back then and it was the best choice i ever made. needless to say coh is a situational spell, you dont spam it or you go oom faster then you breathe oxygen. It really shines from t5 instances and above.

But to say its overpowered would be stupid to thing to say, then you should nerf palas with flash heals, shammies with chain cheals, or druids with their wild growth. thats not gonan happen so why nerf a class that has been nerfed to almost extinction?

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow

if you will spam CoH without combining Prom and the flash heal from SoL, to my veiw thats not a good player, and probably by spaming only coh is how to do it NOW when every thing is nerfed and easy. Yet, usually a piest that only spams his CoH button without combining other spells fails.
    most of the points you make I agree bar this one. CoH is a wonderfull priest spell that ever holy priest should have but a priest is not ment to be a spammer, you sit and watch and use your arsenal of many heals as you see fit. a priest should not rely on procs. in my opinion a priest who makes his build rely on chances and procs are doomed to fail. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by fullflavor
    a priest should not rely on procs. in my opinion a priest who makes his build rely on chances and procs are doomed to fail. just my 2 cents.
    I disagree. There is no HARM in a proc that gives you more options. If it improves mana efficiency, and/or speed or anything else - it is worth having and using in the best fashion you are able.

Proc watching is simply one more thing to factor into every decision - and decisions are the fun bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    I disagree. There is no HARM in a proc that gives you more options. If it improves mana efficiency, and/or speed or anything else - it is worth having and using in the best fashion you are able.

Proc watching is simply one more thing to factor into every decision - and decisions are the fun bit....
    i think he simpley missunderstood what i wrote and decided to show his wise side.

if you take SoL or holy conc, you relay on procs. a priest has always relayed on holy conc to proc and allow him to regen.
    every word i wrote was correct, and calculated on that thread, for once i actually read what i wrote before posting. there was no need to add ignorance to it. if you wish talk to yourself. if you wish to not relay on procs, continue spaming the coh button and stacking on spirit. the true wisdom with procs (which from your comment you don't have since then you would've understand and not write what you did) is to follow them, be aware what "buffs" you gains, how can you use the procs in a way you will acctually regen, since you had no idea what i was talking about and thought i'm standing waiting for something to proc i shall explain: your Prom crits, your CoH crit, you used a flash to top a raid member and crited (raid healing), you gain SoL or holyconc. or both. now you actually have a proc, that with the correct usage you'll be able to regen mana. you can make these procs into usefull healing tools and regen tools. on the other hand you can spam coh and let the sol timer run off.

as i said before a good priest doesn't relay on 1 talent or 1 button spam but overall a general combinations of the correct spell at the correct time.
    spaming coh is easy, yet not needed and a priest can't do it since he'll go oom. he will be very effective on healing, yet his contribute will be low and insagnificant. so what i did say about procs , fullflavor , is that you need to know how to combine them.
    i believe that i haven't said "don't relay on coh, relay on procs". which is a huge difference from "hoping that a proc will happen" or "combining procs".
    so i may have not sumed it in "2 cents", but i guess for you i wasn't clear enough saying "priests should relay on combination of spells", i really hope this thread won't cause you to share more knowledge with us.

i believe i already posted here that i think most priests here are clueless of class and specc, and most priests here might not be priest, hey i might be playing a rogue like koraa. But at the end, the spec i do is the one that was "copied" and now i see all the priests use (after no one agreed with my choises) and after all i know that the spec i will do now will most likely be copied by priests like the priests in this forums
    especially the kind that don't read properly:
    for example stupidity on these forums: "i don't need serendipity i don't overheal alot as holy". really really smart saying that. same with "holy nova a raid heal" ye, tooltip apears when you mouse is over the spell, read it, it is short and it sums up what the spell does.

whats up with the hostility meowmeow? i said i agree with most of your comments bar one.

which is you assume someone who doesnt go your route is a bad player. which i disagreed with. I thought the point of forums was about sharing ideas yet you go offensive on something someone doesnt agree with you.

you are talking jibberish with no substance so far i might add. but whatever gets you high. not my problem your problem in the end.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    i think he simpley missunderstood what i wrote and decided to show his wise side.

...Wall of text...
    Yes almighty priest, you're a father of priest playstyle.

But you dont have a clue bout shaman, so stop acting like that, please.

Deleted

Nerf threads are an new and exciting addition to these forums.