Holy Nova... wow (AOE cap skyrocket??)

Well I'm a SP with 1250 spell power, I'm powering some alts, I use holy nova

and

its insane.

In stockades I topped out at 9-10K dps (thats 400 per mob and over 25mobs, I pulled the middle and most of the left)

Has anyone been able to find the new aoe damage cap, cos it must be HUGE. I couldnt get more than 25-30 mobs as even though they hit for 30 each thats a lot when you add it up.

Re: Holy Nova... wow (AOE cap skyrocket??)

I had fun with Holy Nova in BRD (the room before the Throne room).

So yeah, it's *very* fun, and super nice.

Just went and pushed it as high as i could,

It tops out at 16k damage a pop, so thats 10.6k DPS

Not too shabby for a healing threatless spell

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    Just went and pushed it as high as i could,

It tops out at 16k damage a pop, so thats 10.6k DPS

Not too shabby for a healing threatless spell
    i saw a 21k (20898) last night, rfc pulled the whole instance, they miss. saw a 21k then a 18k (2 novas and all were dead). then they died (i didn't hit them all at the first nova) i'm not sure whats the cap but i'm still finding out.

Keep in mind cap doesn't include crits. If you crit, it can go over the cap. So you need to subtract that out when you're figuring out the cap.

I actually feel useful in AoE pulls now. Yay~

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy Nova rockz.. just the mana cost is sick..better now than befor 3.0, but still high.. and did you see the glyph for it... lolage, wish they'd make one to reduce the healing and increase the damage aswell, no that would be a glyph worth looking into :P
    Im a Priest that can tank Illidan. For ~~~ 6seconds & then, i go splat. <3 Dispersion.

Gotta say it`s pretty lovely now. I boosted uldaman for my hunter with 2 pulls basicly.

I double checked it with a mage friend of mine, and without talents for either class to reduce mana cost, both Holy nova and Arcane explosion has a cost of 655 mana. I was shocked to see that the mana cost of the spell was reduced and the damage was increased, to the point where the spell is now viable for use. Of course it doesn't hit as hard as AE, but it does have that healing thing, which is good for run throughs and such.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

i try'd lolsmite for a bit pre 3.0, and ill say this much... holy nova rank 1, free non-crit smite ( ) hehe had a field day in AV on turtles...

on a side note.... now no more down-ranking /sigh
    Im a Priest that can tank Illidan. For ~~~ 6seconds & then, i go splat. <3 Dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by giggles
    Holy Nova rockz.. just the mana cost is sick..
    Welcome to Arcane Explosion spam
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Shhhh...don't talk about it or they'll nerf it! But yeah, it's OP-ness is countered by the ugly mana cost.

/chant

"to the ground, to the ground, to the ground"

/rolls eyes

Clearly OP .... gosh.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

If there are any more hyjal type instances itl be a real help to the aoe both for the damage increase as well as healing the bunnyhopping mages/locks

Ill go run stockades on my elemental shammy tonight

gather all the mobs and use EM + TS (auto crit + thunderstorm aoe) since it crits for 2200-2900 atm it should present a nice number

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    Ill go run stockades on my elemental shammy tonight

gather all the mobs and use EM + TS (auto crit + thunderstorm aoe) since it crits for 2200-2900 atm it should present a nice number
    you need to use an aoe that DOESNT crit for an accurate number crits dont count towards the cap.

Hyjal 1/2 boss waves trash 2~2.2k dps on trash with Holy Nova :>