Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The beautiful Boomkin DPS

I love my Boomkin DPS, even though when I reach 80 it will be short lived. Here are some samples

Twins
    http://wowwebstats.com/umxqzlecfxct3?s=148817-173657

Felmyst
    http://wowwebstats.com/6vvxpuhykpa2y?s=912-30578

Everyone getting similar results? I have an Illidan and Brutallus kill with me number one from the same week as well.

Re: The beautiful Boomkin DPS

they did not buff scaling, only base damage. i knew thisd happen.... /shrug

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

15+ Year Old Account

wheres the brut WWS :P

The ret pally called Palad does 764 and 733 dps... yeha, nerf ret ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cronk
    Ret paladin using Hammer of the Rigtheous.. yeah. right.

He also uses Conflagration and Flame Touched O_o

My fault, wowwebstats says he's ret...

He's clearly a prot paladin, I hardly know paladins and I can see that.

Anyway this is not another thread for paladins to whine on, it's a thread where you worship druids and the ground we walk on.

But really, quite nice dps. I'm just interested though why you do more dmg with insect swarm than moonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronk
    oh come on. how could you think hes ret while having 20% of all the dmg recieved whene everyone else has 5% top ?

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe

Anyway this is not another thread for paladins to whine on, it's a thread where you worship druids and the ground we walk on.

But really, quite nice dps. I'm just interested though why you do more dmg with insect swarm than moonfire.
    imp IS+glyph
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Imp IS only buffs starfire if you have moonfire on the target, read the tooltip.
    Also the moonfire glyph combined with the starfire glyph is better dps probably.

sry for that.

Why no use of wrath? Maybe it's a nub question... but i played most time pvp with my moonkin.

Wrath only just got wortwhile because they nerfed the starfire glyph and buffed eclipse some more. It's still a pain to use while raiding though.
    I don't know when he did these raids, so could be after or before those changes.

Deleted

Those WWS links you provided .... where did you find a raid group with such low dps that can actually kill stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    Base damage scales with your haste and crit

As said IS glyph. But it gimped his dps.

If it's pure dps, and by the looks of it it is, then SF + MF glyph and just spam that SF. Using trinkets when they come off CD etc. Would get more dps.

I'm constantly over 2k nowadays. But I ain't topping the charts. Our other DPS know their class and have come to surpass me.

Yes, there are some that know there class quite well, but as a Moonkin who has been in various guilds raiding T6 content for some time. I can say that I have done my best to MIN/MAX my toon, even to the point of changing ISP to lessen my latency. I am at the top not strictly because Boomkin DPS is uber, but because we have been given good DPS with someone who can wield it. There are a lot of bad Pure DPS class that think they should be at the top even though they are terrible as a player. That was the whole idea of lessening the DPS spread between Hybrids and Pure DPS, so the better player can shine through. I rather have ones abilities shine than a raiding decision be made to bring a Mage because they do better DPS than I. I think I have shown that my DPS is something to strive for. And I am very sorry to all the ret pallys for the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    Do you think Boomkins are going to be in the same place they were pre 3.0 when they hit 80 due to stat scalling?

Quote Originally Posted by seph
    Do you think Boomkins are going to be in the same place they were pre 3.0 when they hit 80 due to stat scalling?
    Above Shadow priests, but below the rest?

Yep thats exactly where we'll be. Given the skill and gear of the raid is equal. But it seems moonkins are exceptionally skilled.........

Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    Above Shadow priests, but below the rest?
    No. Sorry. I think you'll find that DPS charts will be in a state of massive flux. Very boss dependent and hugely variant from guild to guild based on individual player skill.

As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Those WWS links you provided .... where did you find a raid group with such low dps that can actually kill stuff?
    30% HP nerf. You can jump right from ZA to SWP.