Poll: whats your plans in reguards to your shadow priest come expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow priests: What are your wotlk plans?

First of all, this isn't a QQ, I'm just interested in seeing some numbers. I've been doing a lot of reading, and voicing my own concerns in guild chat, and the one thing ive seen is priests are either hugely aggravated by the state of shadow right now, or they seem to be annoyed at the people who are worried, claiming that we will be great. There seems to be no middle ground here. Priests seem to be outrages towards one side or the other, which would lead one to believe they all have an opinion there itching to voice.

Feel free to explain why you voted the way you did, but its just going to turn into exactly the same as most threads on priest wow forums. Someone will raise a good argument, someone will call him an idiot, and then everyone will jump up ready to prove there right and the other guy isn't, so might want to try and save that for at least page 2

Re: Shadow priests: What are your wotlk plans?

I'll stay shadow. I was the only shadow priest in my guild during the whole TBC (we did 3/6 SWP) and I got my raid spot assured for wotlk. I don't really care if we do less dps than class X or Y, and I really like playing shadow priest due to the class mechanics. I believe that new changes will allow players to collect different type of gear (haste + SP, crit + SP, spi/int + SP) so we might finally see priests who differentiate from each other gearwise.

From PvP point of view - arena has always had its preferred classes (druid, rogue, warrior) so I am not going to try to pvp until they fix arena so it's viable for everyone.

It's not about the number at DPS meter, it's about having fun. And I really did have fun with my sp :>

I'm staying shadow, heading for more pew pew and realm first kill on Kel'thuzad in Naxx 25.

Hardcore raiding at it's best.

Will play both spec shadow and disc. Well depends how respec mechanics will work. Playing shadow is very easy fun and enjoyable. But i got lock, pala and shamy as well so i`m not sure yet. Maybe i will dust down elemental shamy ? who knows.. :

Cherio

I plan to stay shadow in xpac I'm sure things will be better with the upcoming buffs/re gearing for crit and spirit and get more talents points. I had lots of fun leveling this char to 70 but after this patch its been aggravating playing my priest.

I actually rerolled a Warlock because I believed my BE SP would never be viable for raiding due to lack of Devouring Plague. After that became a baseline spell, I'm going to raid like there's no tomorrow. Shadow may not be a ZOMFGBBQLOOKATTHEDPSMETER class, but I've always enjoyed the mechanics. It's just fun to play.

I do object to the changes to Vampiric Touch however... Though I can understand why Bliz did it. It's still frustrating; I can hardly ever give myself Replenishment in PvP.

Iam gonna go holy or disc...
    I wanna play my priest.. but iam done dps'ing

Shelving the priest, picking up the lock or the pally and continually leveling the mage.

Shaddoooowwwww, Why? Because it's going to be too fun not to, Mana regen ticking for hundreds, vamp embrace healing for reDONKulous amounts, solid and steady DPS, IMO Nerf Priests!
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Staying shadow, but I have a feeling that I'm gonna end up as a death knight tank

hope for the best and wait it out :3 if shadow pvp sucks,stick to pve
    leveling my warrior for pvp just in case

Guess i cant vote on this one, since theres no option for me to click.

Based on beta notes etc, i bucked the trend and rolled a SP, since i liked the look of the class changes.
    Should be 70 later tonight, after my main gets out of ______ (wherever we're raiding tonight)

I havent decided who my main is going to be in wrath, but i'm in no rush to decide......
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

I would probably play Shadowpriest even if the scaling never happened, I like the unique style when you don't have to press just one button.

This class is also somewhat challenging and I like it!

gonna continue raiding as a spriest
    and pvp as disc

as they say, priest is the class which is very easy to play but very hard to master. so i have a lot more to learn yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by irdaq
    as they say, priest is the class which is very easy to play but very hard to master.
    damn true

My plans are to level as holy and do a bunch of instances...since I stopped playing my priest for a year until about a month ago I have sub-par gear and almost no PvP gear, so I imagine I will get ganked a lot while questing. Good thing I have a prot warrior friend although he may not be playing very much.

The last option. Playing Warhammer, and not regretting it

Quote Originally Posted by wencaar
    The last option. Playing Warhammer, and not regretting it
    Is that possible? I definitely regretted wasting $50 of my money.

I actually re-rolled to horde nearly 2years ago but occasionally i go back just to make sure i get a chance to understand my 2 old classes. It looks to me like they are making spriests more and more efficient and the damage is looking good with pain out of the cast rotation. She is well geared not great but dps in ZA was around 1200 with about 900 spelldamage. If I was still using her I would def be having fun.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Still gonna raid as a spriest

pvp as disc

play warhammer every Tuesday morning while I wait for the latest round of wtf patches :-)