Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow priest and PvP

Hi,
    I'am very disapointed with my SP and the new 3.0.2 spec. Before the patch I was'nt much bad but today I feel ridiculous in comparision to the other classes. I'm a permanent free-kill.

What's your feeling about that?

Re: Shadow priest and PvP

My feeling is that we are still being balanced (by damage atleast!) and everyone should just wait to level 80. Now at 70 things have changed. Classes you used to win might have got increase in damage or survivability.

Notice that our talents are designed now at level 80, you might see some better scaling at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    My feeling is that we are still being balanced (by damage atleast!) and everyone should just wait to level 80. Now at 70 things have changed. Classes you used to win might have got increase in damage or survivability.

Notice that our talents are designed now at level 80, you might see some better scaling at higher levels.
    I cannot understand these "wait for balance at lv 80 posts". What should be different at lv 80? In Pvp dmg is not the main problem of the shadow. The problem is that we have nothing for survivability and ridiculous cc, which is resisted so often and has too long CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saemundur
    I cannot understand these "wait for balance at lv 80 posts". What should be different at lv 80?
    You have 20,000 hp in blue pvp gear at level 80.

Deleted

And Dk 24k warrio 22k ^^ without buffs

Ok, more Hp, but how will help this for our survivability if other classes have the same HP or even more? I am really annoyed by this endless stuns of a rouge or the warlock fears. In comparison our fear is a joke, as well as the glyph, because it always breaks before 8 seconds. We just have one fear, which is trinketed or resisted or what else, the 24 seconds till the next we do not survive. And I really do not see what will change this situation on lv 80. I would suggest lower cds on fear and silence (compare with the ccs of other classes) and give us the 36% Health restore of dispersion back.

wow lotsa ppl are ready to stack stam and resil to be viable instead of admiting that there is a problem with SPs in PVP. Keep getting one shoted d00ds it gets better @ 80 u get 5 shoted. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Saemundur
    I cannot understand these "wait for balance at lv 80 posts". What should be different at lv 80? In Pvp dmg is not the main problem of the shadow. The problem is that we have nothing for survivability and ridiculous cc, which is resisted so often and has too long CD.
    At level 80 we'll have:

Inner Fire giving spell power
    Glyphs (Glyph of Dispel Magic, read about it, it will be awesome vs ret paladins and warlocks)
    Larger health pool
    Larger mana pool (thus, better mana regen)
    New single, 2x and 4x armor bonuses (haven't checked them really yet).

Now, what we have is:
    Silence (which is off of GCD now)
    Fear ward
    Dispel magic
    Psychic Scream
    Fade
    (Stoneform since I have a Dwarf priest, awesome vs rogues)

Every single duel I lost up to now was only and only because of my mana.

Posts that are full of despair and bring nothing constructive to debate plainly suck. We are definitely NOT a free kill. I was never a free kill in arena or in battlegrounds or in world PvP.
    In arena we were countered by rogues, and 2v2 bracket was full of rogues.

All the duels I did, and I did play vs full brutal geared rogues and a 4x brutal / 1x vengeful (with vengeful sword) retribution paladin and I managed to win most of the times, especially vs the rogues.

Druids are totally a free kill. Especially balance druid. I even managed to kill several disc priets, even trough their manaburn (dispersion actually OWNS vs disc priests).

So, until we get new glyphs, new gear, new class balance - there is no point in creating posts such as "we have no cc, we are a free kill, xyz owns me, this class sucks, I hate you Blizzard".

I am not saying we are great or that we own, I believe that general idea behind PvP will be that there is no class that simply destroys every other (like druids during S3 and S4), it will be more of a rock < paper < scissors game, also various procs that annoyed people are removed for good thus luck factor is lowered.

Also, re: fear resist - dispel all buffs before fearing, and by doing so only Undeads will have that 1% chance of resisting the fear, every other class WILL get feared. Fear breaks on direct damage. It's rather EASY to break warlock's fear with SWD for the 1st time, counter the 2nd with Fear Ward (if he has felhound out, yea, don't FW yourself at start) and 3rd with trinket. That's where we start to own, because our sustained DPS > warlock's sustained dps as of recent.

I am not sure, you seem to be a really good one pvpler. Did you get S4 shoulder or weapon? I think that was almost impossible as a shadow priest. I haven't seen one till now, some dicipline priests, but also just 2 or 3. I am happy about ur tips, but I cannot help me, I am asking me how you do all this, cause I always die in cc and its not a problem for a rouge to come out of fear. He is faster behind you again than you found the button for your next cast. I don't know, maybe its because I am not a dwarf.

The Glyph is already ingame, I have it. But I never found out how to dispell while in fear or stun. And I cannot believe you are winning a duel against an retri pala, who bubbles immediately. You never have the time to massdispell it and you are down before his bubble ends.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    At level 80 we'll have:

Inner Fire giving spell power
    Glyphs (Glyph of Dispel Magic, read about it, it will be awesome vs ret paladins and warlocks)
    Larger health pool
    Larger mana pool (thus, better mana regen)
    New single, 2x and 4x armor bonuses (haven't checked them really yet).

Now, what we have is:
    Silence (which is off of GCD now)
    Fear ward
    Dispel magic
    Psychic Scream
    Fade
    (Stoneform since I have a Dwarf priest, awesome vs rogues)
    Sooo since we already have that glyph... Your saying "dont worry we are gonna scale better" ?
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by natsocenis
    Meh I have never had a problem with arenas, there are times I get wtfpwned, but other times, its fine, we have some great burst damage, fear, fear has chance to stop some damage, 6% of 90% dmg reduction, a silence AND a fear ward to boot.

There is no problem here imo

and in BGs its just rediculous unless we get targeted we can burn down any class lol
    On arenas you always get targeted tho...

I would have to agree that shadowpriest is just weak atm. There is no class that disc wouldn`t be better against in every aspect atm apart from maybe afflock and even then it`s pretty even call.

Quote Originally Posted by natsocenis
    and in BGs its just rediculous unless we get targeted we can burn down any class lol
    Really usefull for av, just stay behind in shadow and burn down every ally you can reach.
    For av i was in pve gear and pve spec. IF they they got to me i was dead anyway. But with pve gear i had huge dmg bonus. Top 3 kills almost everytime.
    It should be even better for SP after release ;D

A couple of things...

1. The PvP environment has changed dramatically, sure that's a bit of a nobrainer as skills, talents and mechanics have all been tweaked for lvl 80. However, there are far more skilled people playing BG's at the moment who had pretty much not bothered doing them for some time. As a result you have far more skilled and geared people in BG's at the moment than you did a month ago. Basically every 2nd person you encounted in a BG was a noob main or ungeared alt and they were easy pickings.

2. Spriest survivability appears poor at the moment because everyone has received an increase in DPS and there isn't any gear, talents or abilities adequete to deal with it at the moment. The vast majority of testing by Blizzard's own admission was for lvl 80, that's where 99% of these talents, abilities, spells are going to be used and to put in large amounts of work to get things perfectly balanced at lvl 70 is a waste of resources. I guarantee the same people having a QQ now about inbalance at lvl 70 would get on their high horses about how stupid it was for blizzard to stuff up lvl 80 balancing by trying to balance things at lvl 70. Less than a month to WotLK, arena S4 is offically closed, all your gear is about to become redundant, seriously why do you care? Must be injured pride, build a bridge imo.

3. Blizzard have just about conceded that burst damage in PvP is too high, while spriests have a nice MB/SW burst combo I don't consider us to be a true burst class because our crit rate is very poor (by PvP standards), not to mention that about 99% of spriests failed to gear for crit as it was useless. With burst damage so high, it's extremely easy to get targeted by 2-3 opposing players and get instagibed (which leads to a feeling that we have no survivability). It's so bad now that healers can't even heal through 2-3 people beating on them like they used to. This is reflected with the influx of pure dps arena teams that are all doing very well. The burst issue is being addressed so I think everyone should take a chill pill and see how it pans out.

4. Dispersion hasn't been to useful for me in PvP thus far, infact ironically I've found it of more use in PvE. It seems to me that dispersion is only going to help for 1v1 battles or where you can be healed. 1v1 battles are random world PvP encounters, isolated BG fights that usually mean nothing, or arenea matches that are very even and you manage to be the last people standing.... lets face it, true pvp doesn't really revolve around 1v1 (at least not very often for it to matter too much).

15+ Year Old Account

Pain Suppression doesn't silence, that's why it is good.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Pain Suppression doesn't silence, that's why it is good.
    It also reduces dispel chance against you. Which is very very good. Renews PoMs shields and buffs that stay on when the hancy shaman tries to remove them is gooooood news.

Quote Originally Posted by digie
    At lvl 70 shadow priest suck. Just wait it out.

At lvl 80 it will be back to normal.

I think the biggest buff is Silence is no longer global cooldown, and a self pain suppresion that is twice as powerful is also a really big buff.

Regardless I believe that shadowpriest are the new BC mages, must have a rogue to be successful.
    how did you figure that out ?
    what changes @ 80 ? i fail to follow your logic mate

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    how did you figure that out ?
    what changes @ 80 ? i fail to follow your logic mate
    Gear...

not to offend but spriests have always been a free hk. i was hoping with these changes they might be fun to play again

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    not to offend but spriests have always been a free hk. i was hoping with these changes they might be fun to play again
    You never played before TBC did you?

I remember everybody reffering us as extremly overpowered, only to be beaten by warlocks (or other shadowpriests).

(or resto druids... but the duels would take 15-20min)

For those asking how it's gonna be different at 80, compared to now...refer to Worshaka's post, number two, right now everybody and their mother is in at least S2 maybe S3 gear...which is fairly top end for our current level...

at 80 people are going to have to work HARD for the equivalents to S2 and S3 gear...don't believe me? check the new PVP gear tier system, no more welfair epics there.

This means improved dmg with about the same survivability, as our survivability is based more on just not being targeted than the kind of gear we have. SPriests have (since TBC) been an easy class to kill quickly if focus fired...partly because of cloth...partly because of our low base stamina...

Our DPS in PVP has been good to great and will get better (pve is another point)..Cheer up! Brighter fields ahead.