Thread: Buffs?

Buffs?

Something I may have missed or just didn't realize was coming(or maybe it's a bug /hope) but when did it come about you lose your fort or int or w/e buff when the caster leaves the party?

I've been watching as I do various instances & raids & if the mage/priest/druid or whoever leaves the party they take their buff off everyone. I really hope that's not going to continue into wrath

Re: Buffs?

LOL You think that is odd. I just hit 70 on my priest yesterday, did Shadow lab. It went fast so I hit every one with Fort and spirt so they would have it for grinding. The prayer of ones 60 mins. I then drop grop to getto hearth and I lost both of them. I was the priest. I thought is was just a bug or I messed somthing up.

Yeah I noticed I lost my hour of fort when I dropped group also..I guess I'll just hope it's a bug?

Soulstones, pally blessings, and warrior buffs have been this way forever. Don't Prayer of Fort, but ghetto-buff them, and if that doesn't work just ghetto buff them after you leave the group. It's too keep people from exploiting buffs too much (like the days when 40 warlock alts would SS an entire raid).

Well after my last run about 2 hours ago I'm going to say it's just buggy. I had a group member targetted & hit the fort button, everyone in the group got fort BUT the person & his pet that I had targetted. After I untargetted him, I still could not hit him with an hour of fort. After 4 tries I just gave him the 30 min.

I'm sure the intention is for the fort/spirit to be removed from the group members but not yourself... and im sure you'll see this fixed at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Soulstones, pally blessings, and warrior buffs have been this way forever. Don't Prayer of Fort, but ghetto-buff them, and if that doesn't work just ghetto buff them after you leave the group. It's too keep people from exploiting buffs too much (like the days when 40 warlock alts would SS an entire raid).
    u don't need to be in the raid to ss someone.... and no, soulstones, blessings and warrior buff didn't disappeared when u leave the group.

No, you don't need to be in a group to apply, but if you ARE in their group, they DO disappear when the person with the buff or the person who gave the buff leave.

Example:
    Pally casts Blessing on a random non-group character. It stays the full duration.
    Pally invites someone, casts 30 minute blessing, and then leave immediately. The buff is removed.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

My guess is there are two reasons for this:

1. In preparation for dual-spec to prevent people from having like one healing spec with healing only talents and one buff spec with imp. fort and imp. DS. Those buffs will just fade it the original caster, in this case the disc spec leaves the raid.

2. To prevent having alts to buff stuff and wait outside the instance like people did in SWP with DS priests.

I like this change. Only thing they should change is that the fort buff should stay on myself because, well, i cast it -.-
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara