Thread: Hymn of hope...

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hymn of hope...

lol, i cant believe how usless this skill is at 70...atm im at 9990 mana on my holy priest unbuffed. At 2% of mana every 2 sec for 8 sec i receive a whopping 799.2 mana from using this spell. imo the name should be changed to Hymn of Hope the tank doesnt die while im using this useless talent -.-
    People who spam one button aren't noobs, they are just ahead of the curve, because at some point the game will be just that easy.

Re: Hymn of hope...

Then don't get it...? Your not the only class with useless talents if you are yet to realize this.

Hymn of Hope
    Channeled 5 min cooldown
    You recite a Holy hymn of Hope, restoring 2% mana every 2 sec to all party members within 40 yards. Lasts 8 sec. The Priest must channel to keep the hymn active.

I just had to jump on here, and actually registered for this, though frankly i've been lurking for quite some time.

imo the name should be changed to Hymn of Hope the tank doesnt die while im using this useless talent -.-
    Hymn of Hope
    Channeled 5 min cooldown
    You recite a Holy hymn of Hope, restoring 2% mana every 2 sec to all party members within 40 yards. Lasts 8 sec. The Priest must channel to keep the hymn active.
    lmfao
    I cant decide if I should laugh, or cry. :'( ;D :'( :'( ;D :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Pauridius
    Then don't get it...? Your not the only class with useless talents if you are yet to realize this.
    This Talent was once USEFULL but draenei only... and now every priest has it and its bullshit...especially for Shadows :>

I hope theyll change it to...

1. More Mana or...
    2. Not channeling or....
    3. Disc Spell so Shadows wont leave Shadowform..

OR all togheter :/

well u dont count 1 think here this is wotlk skill my priest in beta have almost 20k mana so 2 % from 20k some more mana and remember u will have more then 1 priest in raids so after all its a very useful skill

P.S. sry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by slamori
    well u dont count 1 think here this is wotlk skill my priest in beta have almost 20k mana so 2 % from 20k some more mana and remember u will have more then 1 priest in raids so after all its a very useful skill

P.S. sry for bad english
    Hymn of Hope
    Channeled 5 min cooldown

VS

Arcane Torrent Racial
    Instant 2 min cooldown

Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec and restores 6% of your Mana.

I'll take my arcane torrent any day...but thats because im a BE maybe its usefull to other races

No. Along with bigger mana pools, spells will also cost more. I do not think it will be more than 50% better at 80, making it still dire. Not many priests wish to stop healing to channel this pile.

However. There will be times when you can channel safely with nothing better to do. That is when you use it ^_^

P.S. sry for bad english
    ok and how much cost the flash of light at lvl 80??? 900mana around ??

no they seriously need to change it for more mana return seriously

lvling a priest myself and im not too big on the whole channeling part, make it an instant like back when it was for draenei. if youre in a raid, by the time your mana is low enough to want to consider popping mana returning cooldowns (esp one that complete stops you from healing) the fight is either just about done or its an 'o shit' moment where you need to heal constantly.

the only real time i could see this used; blowing through trash a little quicker; looooong boring boss fights.

it is a lot of mana returned total if you add up all the other ppl, so it has potential.

the only good thing about it is that it restores mana to the entire party, but with that said its all.....

I am a SP and i will have to leave shd form to use it......... like wtf? my shadowform and the total mana i get back are almost the same, so for my own use its pointless.

The mana return is pretty low atm but on the other side, my guild is clearing SWP so much easier than prepatch now and i never go OOM. i always stick around 8k (my maximum is almost 12k fully buffed) so i dont even have to use any mana regen abilities like dispersion, pet, this crappy hymn or mana pots..

I would wait to level 80, and see how it turns out with the gear and fights at that level.

No point in adresseing something that could be totally irrelevant at level 80.

If it still sucks at 80, we'll have the devs look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I would wait to level 80, and see how it turns out with the gear and fights at that level.

No point in adresseing something that could be totally irrelevant at level 80.

If it still sucks at 80, we'll have the devs look at it.
    If u have, lets say, 25k mana at lvl 80 it will return around 2000 mana, its quite nice but not worth chaneling 5 secs maybe if ure in party with other healers and all have low mana...then it would be worth the risk..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    If u have, lets say, 25k mana at lvl 80 it will return around 2000 mana, its quite nice but not worth chaneling 5 secs maybe if ure in party with other healers and all have low mana...then it would be worth the risk..
    So it's a total restore of 10000 mana, that's pretty good.

Also, there's likely to be fights where you could channel safe, since you had nothing else to do.

idk, i like it. i tell one of the other priests; "hey jason, heal the tank more". i hymn, then i heal more and he hymns.

also, if your tank dies in 8 sec in a heroic.... run!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So it's a total restore of 10000 mana, that's pretty good.

Also, there's likely to be fights where you could channel safe, since you had nothing else to do.
    nah dude 10k would be from 5 priest channeling the spell
    2k mana is the final product of chaneling this mockery of a spell

who counts stuff like that ? 10k for entire party O_O
    and with 20k mana pool it's actually 1.6k per person.

Thats the whole point of this ability, it regn mana for the entire group. Only this counts^^

I have twice, and took it off my bar.

I don't care how low my party's mana is, I won't use it in it's current state if it risks my tanks' life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    I don't care how low my party's mana is, I won't use it in it's current state if it risks my tanks' life.
    8 seconds is far too long to not heal. And to quote someon from the Beta forums:

Hymn of Hope the Tank Doesn't Die While You Channel This Spell