Thread: Hymn of hope...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Hymn of hope...

this spell is a complete waste of time for a shadow priest.

it needs to be disc to prevent us leaving shadow form and be instant cast. everything else I can live with.

like someone said before. it's pointless casting because it costs me almost as much as it returns to get back into shadowform meanwhile I've lost 5 secs of combat time.

I ask the pally healer to Bacon my tank and then channel it. Every healer in the group loves the mana returned. Not that mana is a huge issue at the moment anyway >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaran22
    I ask the pally healer to Bacon my tank and then channel it. Every healer in the group loves the mana returned. Not that mana is a huge issue at the moment anyway >.>
    yes, this is the only time i think you can safely pop hymn of hope.. by going out of shadowform as dps, hymning for 8 secs, and shifting back, no net mana gain for you, but you help the party..

as a healer, you can pop this in situations as 'onyxia flight phase' or something similarly trivial (how many bosses/pulls give you 8 seconds free cast time?).. even with PoM and renew AND PW:S theres no way you can safely do this without having trouble at the end of channeling, or you could burn pain suppression and slap all that on the tank, depending on how you look at it and how badly you need the mana, that could be seen as 'wasting' the pain suppression..

and if you are a second or third etc healer in a raid, theres a reason you are there, unless you have everyone covered and you are on raid heal duty (holy spec most likely, yay for single target tank/ot healing disc spec! >) then you likely have certain moments that you can afford to channel this.

other then that, please tell me if im missing something, other than the horrendous (so bad its not worth using solo.. OOC mana regen > this!!!!!!) mana return and the channel and the risking death of party members factors.

Quote Originally Posted by slamori
    well u dont count 1 think here this is wotlk skill my priest in beta have almost 20k mana so 2 % from 20k some more mana and remember u will have more then 1 priest in raids so after all its a very useful skill

P.S. sry for bad english
    You will NEVER reach 20k mana until the next expasnion i can guarantee you that.

i don't see how ppl dont understand O_O
    with a 20k mana pool it's 1.6k to each caster (@ lvl 80)
    1.6k mana is SHIT = 2-3 spells max for a 8s chanel oO? whats so epic about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by digie
    It's for the entire party... nuff said, you will never use it, I promiss.
    Fixed

True, enough this spell is a pile of crap, on my spriest as said before it costs the same amount of mana to use this and get back into sform but costs me 8 seconds. And the mana return in your average group, 1 tank 2 melee, 1 caster, 1 healer is pretty much wasted.

I do think tho, that this could be "interesting" if you got 5 priests together all equipe int wands/staves and hit hymn of hope, useful no. Interesting maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    You will NEVER reach 20k mana until the next expasnion i can guarantee you that.
    warriors have 25k hp now, some mages have 12-13k mana already, with new gear 20k wont be reached? think again.

Quote Originally Posted by emulous
    True, enough this spell is a pile of crap, on my spriest as said before it costs the same amount of mana to use this and get back into sform but costs me 8 seconds. And the mana return in your average group, 1 tank 2 melee, 1 caster, 1 healer is pretty much wasted.

I do think tho, that this could be "interesting" if you got 5 priests together all equipe int wands/staves and hit hymn of hope, useful no. Interesting maybe.
    this might work in a raid, but there is no (not anymore?) reason to take 5 priests if there ever was one, hypothetically, summon your shadowfiend and all start hymning for massive mana return, but this wont ever go like that ingame, maybe with 2 priests or 3 in the same group, but of those 2-3 priests, 1-2 would be healing and 1 dps, the healers dont have time to relax while the shadowpriest would be hard pressed to keep up current dps.

innervate with the glyph gives 2 people a TON of mana, this might give a ton of mana with 2-3 in the same group and using s-fiend... lackluster to say the least! ???

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

My opinion on HoH is somewhat split:

1. I like it, it restores roughly 1000 mana to me and gives mana to my group members.
    2. I hate it because its channeled and i don't like watching my tank die or something just because that damn spell needs to channel 8 freakin seconds.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

1. I like it, it restores roughly 1000 mana to me and gives mana to my group members.
    2. I hate it because its channeled and i don't like watching my tank die or something just because that damn spell needs to channel 8 freakin seconds.
    Then use it when your tank is not dying. Phase changes or whatever. I am sure it has situational use at best - but the best will use it then cause why on earth not....

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    who counts stuff like that ? 10k for entire party O_O
    I take it you've never raided? Have a look at Mana Tide. It doesn't restore all that much mana to the shaman, but in a raid you're going to be in a group of casters, meaning five people will benefit from you using the spell. It adds up to quite a bit of mana. Not for you alone, but raids aren't about one guy pretending to be Rambo.

With a group of casters with 10k mana pools, the spell restores 4k mana.

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    it sucks. maybe just maybe if i were in a really really bad raid, and everyone was OOM i'd pop it, but then again, i don't see that happening.
    Don't tell me there's never been a raid encounter where mana was an issue. Keep in mind that you won't have VT in WotLK, and you won't be able to chain-pop mana potions. Just because you don't need mana in the current nerfed-to-dust instances doesn't mean you won't need it eventually.

There will always be encounters where you have eight seconds of not doing anything better. From Karazhan alone there's the Curator evocation, Netherspite banish phase, Nightbane lift off, Opera phase transitions, Aran's Arcane Explosion. Beyond that there's Lurker submerging, Supremus kite phase, Solarian phase transition, at any time during the whole Kaz'rogal fight, and a ton of others.

Even if you can't get the full duration off, every little bit spent channeling that spell is mana returned. And as anyone who has ever raided as a healer should know by now: every little bit helps. If it didn't, you wouldn't bother socketing that mp5 gem, because that gem alone isn't going to get you enough mana for even one heal.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

more of a raid move then a 5man mefinks?

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    warriors have 25k hp now, some mages have 12-13k mana already, with new gear 20k wont be reached? think again.
    on beta, i have 22k mana pool in nax 25m pve gear. well abit of 10m (the neck).
    HoH returns roughly, including my regen in thoughs 8 sec's 4k mana. i must say seeing the bloodelf racial is so close to the HoH makes me wonder.

bloodelf racial: 6% mana, instant, racial, silences, 2m CD.

HoH: 8% mana, 8 sec channeled.

at begining it was useless to use it, gaining 1k mana from a 8 sec channeled effect was very meh. but like all priest spells i guess this also will scale with gear. and as i see it does.

though: it is very not powerfull, very not worth using (since 8 sec is enough time for the tank to die or lose HP in a way you'll waste all the mana you gained the sec you finished channeling), the CD is too long, if i compare the racial that is so close to the mana %.

i believe changing it to: Hymm of Hope: You recite a Holy hymn of Hope, restoring 5% mana every 2 sec to all party members within 40 yards. (total of 40%) Lasts 8 sec. Any damage caused to the priest will cancel this effect. (so it won't be channeled, but damage will remove the 8 sec buff you have). edit: for those not playing the beta, raid damage is a joke on beta, the raid damage if far from SW. so far raid damage was easy to heal, and mainly tank healing was problematic
    this was also my siggestion on the beta and beta forums, no respond to it though. hopefully blizz will notice that HoH is too weak perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    Hymn of Hope
    Channeled 5 min cooldown

You recite a Holy hymn of Hope, restoring 2% mana every 2 sec TO ALL PARTY MEMBERS WITHIN 40yds. Lasts 8 sec. The Priest must channel to keep the hymn active.

VS

Arcane Torrent Racial
    Instant 2 min cooldown

Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec and restores 6% of YOUR Mana.

I'll take my arcane torrent any day...but thats because im a BE maybe its usefull to other races
    that ^

Anyways i kinda like hyrm of hope ,its not bad at all always find that moment to use it, other healers got it covered most of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    No. Along with bigger mana pools, spells will also cost more. I do not think it will be more than 50% better at 80, making it still dire. Not many priests wish to stop healing to channel this pile.

However. There will be times when you can channel safely with nothing better to do. That is when you use it ^_^
    you do know BASE mana is different to TOTAL mana right...? as your gear scales... and you get more mana your spells dont get more expensive, base mana is mana counting 0 intellect, none on gear, none from your profile, its the mana you gain as +mana from dinging.
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Priest base mana at level 80 is 3863 , nothing more, nothing less, and won't change with neither buffs or gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Priest base mana at level 80 is 3863 , nothing more, nothing less, and won't change with neither buffs or gear.
    i guess its a good thing then that hymn of hope has f&ck-all to do with base mana and everything with total mana with gear on!

right?!

break your skulls on this one:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=60931

as a holy priest i am always watchin my mana. My biggest thing is to try and stay outside of that dreaded 5 second rule. So when i am raid buffed i am at about 950 mana per 5 seconds while not casting.
    So 8% of my mana when i am just standing there is nice, but everyone forgets ur base regen. So i have bout 12k mana, so that is roughly 960 mana from hymn, plus my normal regen of 1700 mana (for not casting for 8 seconds). Thats a 2660 mana. Everyone knows that en extra 3k mana is pretty useful...

Just because you dont hit a spell every 10 seconds or so doesnt mean its worthless. I love this skill. Do i use it every fight, no. Will i use it every fight in wrath, no. Is it really helpful in the right situation, hell ya.

For all you shadowpriest out there, i'm sorry this skill really does suck for you though

The only time I can see this useful is during incombat phase transitions. Albeit those transitions just love to be threat sensitive... Think Illy going demonform...sure you can pop this thing and hope that your lock tank is fast enough to pick it up or else your ending up pulling threat off something as minor as this.

If the mana calculation is the same as VT mana threat calculation (1 mana to 0.5 threat) then you are pulling (assuming 11kmana, and 880mana returned per person, and 4400 mana total) ~2.2k threat (minus modifiers) over 8 seconds doing...well nothing.