Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Welfare raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldor
    Why do people refer to casual players as someone who's less "skilled" in a game? What makes a casual player a worse player than a hardcore player?

A casual player is someone who doesn't play the game extensively, prohibited by work/family or by own choice. That does not mean they are worse at playing. I've met more good casual players than hardcore players.
    A lot of times I find casuals to be better players. The hardcore are sometimes the idiots who are stupid enough to find repetitive things fun or on rarer occasions smart people who have a tolerance for repetitive things, or maybe people who get a rush out of being top in the world. I really don't think that the social aspect of raiding is enough to get someone to "hardcore" without some of the other attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by dummenumse
    Some thoughts.

While everyone is busy PUG´ing BT and MH I have started wondering if this walfare raiding environment is really just a temporary thing.

I get that Blizzard wants everyone to be able to see the raid content before expansion. Though with their history of sucking up to "the casual" I am wondering how the WotlK raiding environment will turn out. I now see alot more guilds engaging in 25-man raiding which is good. But when Blizzard acknowledge how alot more people now suddenly wants to visit their raid instances - will it then cause the general dificulty of raid instances in WotlK to drop to this mind-numbing level? The heroics are already estimated to ~30mins.
    lol walfare, how could this thread have gotten so many pages..

you're worrying whether the game will have less challenge to it, I'd try to rush through it all if I were you when wotlk comes out, then complain if there isn't anything to do anymore. as for heroics estimated to about 30 minutes; oh noes, lets hope that does not mean heroics aren't for ze hardcore pro gamers anymore.
    HC SL was hella easy, though took all night to walk through. HC mech was a lot shorter but lots of dps and healers failed miserably there. just a thought, don't try to worry for what's to be. just go with the flow, you could always just stop playing if it becomes a drag.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    ANYWAY.... I just got done reading the most hilarious post. Did people really think Kara was hard when it first hit? It wasn't. Mind, I had NO experience Pre-BC, I've never been carried by any group or guild, and I had a phenomenally easy time in Karazhan ALL the way through, before all the nerfs.

Who the hell thought it was hard? o.O ?
    You are full of crap.

No raid experience, yet weren't carried by your guild in pre-nerf Kara? Riiiiight....
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

15+ Year Old Account

Just because I've stated my experience I'm full of crap? I didn't think it was hard, simple as that. Why is it so difficult to believe that someone can learn their class mechanics well enough that they can progress and lead a group successfully?

That close-mindedness is rather sad. I'm done with this site.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    You are full of crap.

No raid experience, yet weren't carried by your guild in pre-nerf Kara? Riiiiight....
    He didn't move on flame wreath after the third try.

IMO EJ is the last bastion of sanity for WoW forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Just because I've stated my experience I'm full of crap? I didn't think it was hard, simple as that. Why is it so difficult to believe that someone can learn their class mechanics well enough that they can progress and lead a group successfully?

That close-mindedness is rather sad. I'm done with this site.
    sd78 is right, you are full of crap. If you had no experience pre-TBC whatsoever you would not consider Karazhan to be easy when it first came out, unless you imagined it would be harder than Silver Surfer on the NES.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    IMO EJ is the last bastion of sanity for WoW forums...
    The only reason for this is because EJ has more mathematical formulas posted then any other forum. Mathematics are logical by definition, and as a result reduce the insanity rating of the forum.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    sd78 is right, you are full of crap. If you had no experience pre-TBC whatsoever you would not consider Karazhan to be easy when it first came out, unless you imagined it would be harder than Silver Surfer on the NES.
    Lawl Silver Surfer. Now that's serious business right there.

To add, Kara was hardish. You had nothing to compare it to. However, you will be able to compare level 80 10-man Naxx as an entry raid to that of Kara at 70. That's a more logical comparison.

I should add this. "Welfare epics" have been fixed, everyone. It's official. Get this. 10-man gear is a lower ilvl than 25-man gear. 10-man raids drop different badges than 25s, meaning you get lower ilvl gear with them, also. Gone will be the days of farming Kara to get gear that is better than T6. The only true "welfare" epics left now are PvP epics. Those will forever be welfare, as 80% of the Warcraft community whines like preschoolers when you say you will remove all their honor points and marks.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

ALL the WotLK raid content has been cleared less than a week after the expansion went live.

Where are all the retards saying that raid and heroic difficulty was 'toned downed for beta'? LOL!!!

15+ Year Old Account

You all seemed to misunderstand my post. I said Karazhan was not hard, and it was not. Karazhan was very easy in the fact that the boss fights except for Netherspite & Prince required little to no strategy. Personally I found the Kara fights lacking in general difficulty, so basically my calling it "easy" was my way of saying the Kara fights disappointed me. On another note, I'm not like the other raiders you've known. I spent a lot of time researching & reading boss strategies, I do not have trouble reading the combat log after a wipe.

Anyway... while we're on the subject of raids... has anyone here ever gotten annoyed by a dps that conveniently misses an opportunity to make your job as the tank easier?

They're not called 'Retard DPS' for nothing.

It's what they do.

15+ Year Old Account

I suppose so. I find it easier to run with people who understand how frustrating it is to be a tank. I even rolled a mage to get a feel for why they're the way they are. And I do...it's hard not to be trigger happy when you've seen a 12k crit. It makes you want to do it again & again, over and over.

Fatherohealy

I really question some peoples honesty when they say kara was not hard when it first came out. I usually assume they didn't actually see it.

When kara first came out people were in greens and blues. Healers were going oom left and right. Fights lasted a while dps was slow and barely fast enough to burn orbs on Curator etc etc. Tanks were getting 2 and 3 shot on bosses or just going from full to dead in less than a second on prince and nightbane sometimes. There were many guilds that would get together and wipe 10 or more times on Moroes and just call it. Maybe they weren't all that skilled but the point is it was not an instance on cruise control.

So here we are, the wotlk release raids have already been fully cleared, which is making me believe that not long at all from now everyone and there brother will be wearing full T7. Only the top 10-20 guilds on a server should be wearing that gear imo. We will have to see how it pans out, but im much less worried about my E-peen, and much more worried that everyone is going to have the same exact gear on than anything else. Whats up with no attunements?

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    So here we are, the wotlk release raids have already been fully cleared, which is making me believe that not long at all from now everyone and there brother will be wearing full T7. Only the top 10-20 guilds on a server should be wearing that gear imo. We will have to see how it pans out, but im much less worried about my E-peen, and much more worried that everyone is going to have the same exact gear on than anything else. Whats up with no attunements?
    To wrap it up, I have just accepted now that this game is meant as a way to put your brain on standby. The development has been underway for long but I somehow hoped we would have reached the bottom before this.

So many positive things to say about this expansion, but the PvE is just bleh now.

At least, only the bottom 2% will not see all content. But on the other hand, there will be nothing for the rest to work for when having plowed through these raids very soon.
    On a totally unrelated side note, I've always seen battlegrounds as gladiatorial arenas where warriors fight in glorious combat to the death. Meanwhile raiding is walking up to someone's house, kicking down the door, kicking the shit out of their family, stealing the mother's pearl necklace then screaming out "ROLL FOR LOOT! LOL!"