Disc lvl 70 raid spec question

So I have been playing with my priest a bit more the last few days and am currently at lvl 68. Now I was wondering what spec I would go for raiding. And I figured why not try discipline, on my main I also was the odd one playing from lvl 10 till BT (currently at council and teron and bloodboil where down before this major nerf patch) as a arcane mage and always topping the damage meters. So I want to be the odd one again and play disc.

I am already playing around with it a bit and with my low 511spell power penance already heals 3x1.1k non crit while it has a lower mana cost then my flash heal and that only heals for around 1.6k non crit. (and I still get a higher rank penance when I get lvl 70 but no new flash heal).

The spec I made is 51/10/0 and was wondering what you guys think about it and if you would change anything (and don't say go holy).

And then another question do you think that Int is better for mana regen than spirit for this spec because of Rapture or is spirit still beter. And do you think it is a good idea to stack a bit of crit for Divine Aegis.

Thank in advance and sorry if I made any spelling mistakes but English is not my native language.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Re: Disc lvl 70 raid spec question

I am spec'd Disc and raiding sunwell, and I'm very pleased with the tree.

The first thing I would change in your spec is drop divine fury and finish up borrowed time. It is an amazing talent, giving you a big haste boost every 4 seconds (and yes, you should cast a bubble every time the cooldown is up, either on your target or yourself...it's a lot of mana returned with the absorption). The other two points I have in imp spirit, but I may change that soon. Not 100% sure.

All things said, tho, your spec is good, just needs a couple of tweaks IMO. No more will you use GH, it's all about Flash heal now.

As far as Aegis goes, I just posted this on my guilds forums today.

(Last thursday)

Number of Divine Aegis' for the night: 190.

Minimum amount that the shield would be good for: 1k (penance crits for 3k, 1/3rd of that is the bubble amount, Greater heal and flash heal would be worth much more)

Minimum amount absorbed for the night : 190k damage

One thing that WWS doesn't account for (as far as I can tell) is when I crit twice in a row, or before the aegis goes away. So, odds are that the absorbed number is much much higher.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the spec. It's tough to remember to keep using Power Infusion, but i'll get used to it soon.

(sunday night) EDIT: Sunday nights Aegis results: 349. I'll be getting some different gems to put in the slots where I previously put healing/spirit. Since spirit does little for me anymore, I'll be swapping to Int/MP5 gems for all the blue slots. Higher mana pool, high crit chance, more mana returned from rapture, and higher base regen while spamming.

(Last night, after re-gemming out of my spirit gems)EDIT2: Thursday night Aegis results: 749. Different fight, sure (Kil'jaden, as opposed to the other fights in sunwell), but with different gems setup, this is quite incredible. Going with the base numbers I set before of 1k bubbles per Aegis, we're talking 750k absorbed damage, not including PW:S (which absorbs 3k, roughly, and was cast a bunch of times, but impossible for me to tell how many times it was my cast). And with all of the AoE damage on the KJ fight, I'd be amazed if any of the aegis buffs "fell off" because they ran out of time.

So, as it stands, Discipline is very strong single target healing, so so in multi target healing (between 2 and 5 targets to keep alive) and rather poor in AoE healing (more than 5 people, raid healing).

EDIT: adding in my armory link.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...n&n=Morathoris

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I didn't take the improved spirit is because it doesn't stack with the totem from shammy's which we also always have.
    There are also some reasons why I didn't take the full Borrowed time. The main reason was that I didn't know how much I would be using it because I always thought it caused rage problems for tanks. Maybe you can give me a bit more info on this because it seems you use it a lot.

Whit your info I changed it to 55/6/0. I still didn't take the imp spirit because of the reason above. And but the point from divine fury I put in to fill borrowed time and fill up imp PW:S. The one point left I put in Healing focus just to have some pushback reduction.

There is also another thing I would like to ask and that is what glyphs do you use and what is the reason behind it.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

At 70, the two best major glyphs for a disc-priest that I've seen are the Glyphs of PW:S and Glyph of Flash heal. The heal that the glyph of PW:S provides goes off as soon as the shield is cast, not when it goes down, and with 1100+ SP it heals for about 600-700 health when it goes up. Granted, not all that much right now, but it's still a heal and the heal itself CAN crit. And I went with flash over renew because I found myself working that into the rotation more and more in-between penance CDs and if you're going to be casting it alot, might as well make it cheaper to do so. Although playing around with a holy build, I picked up the renew glyph and learned to really like that. It will only tick 4 times, but with the above-mentioned SP and imp renew, it will tick for over 1k each time. But ultimately, the shorter time it's up also means another GCD spent to cast it in between Penance CDs which could be used for something else.

Just a note in generally playstyle, I will say this: holy seems to be the more quick-spam/draw out mana regen through procs while disc is build to put out a steady stream of spells over a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak
    Thanks for the reply.

The reason I didn't take the improved spirit is because it doesn't stack with the totem from shammy's which we also always have.
    There are also some reasons why I didn't take the full Borrowed time. The main reason was that I didn't know how much I would be using it because I always thought it caused rage problems for tanks. Maybe you can give me a bit more info on this because it seems you use it a lot.

Whit your info I changed it to 55/6/0. I still didn't take the imp spirit because of the reason above. And but the point from divine fury I put in to fill borrowed time and fill up imp PW:S. The one point left I put in Healing focus just to have some pushback reduction.

There is also another thing I would like to ask and that is what glyphs do you use and what is the reason behind it.
    I took Flash heal and PW:S glyphs, and will take Renew when I can. Flash heal is my most used heal now, and PW:S healing as well as shielding is always great.

Rage starvation is not an issue in any way shape or form. Between PW:S and Aegis, I've almost always got a bubble up and our MT never has rage/threat problems. I have also moved away from imp spirit and I've taken renewed hope. I took imp spirit out of habit, and then realized that shaman totem overrode mine.