Poll: Haste or Destruction Potions ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Haste or Destruction Potions

So

What worked best out for you so far , Haste or Destruction Potions ?

Personally, I enjoy haste the most. Combined with Bloodlust it's godly for the Mind Flay spam

But someone might have other opinions?

Also, regarding WotLK, I only found a Haste potion replacement yet, but no similiar potions to Destruction potions, what do you people think?

Re: Haste or Destruction Potions

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40212

Haste should probably be better for pretty much everything, it offers quite a bit more pseudodamage than destruction/wild magic, especially since they're short enough that getting an second boosted VT is out of the question, as is of course SWP. If pre-chugging a pot is still possible (using it half a second before combat to that it comes up again during the fight), I might go with Wild Magic there, since you're spending time getting into position and getting VE thrown on the boss, where extra haste might not be useful. I don't know if that's still possible, though.

I still have about 8 stacks of destro potions - so I'll use them up in early raids I guess.

Haste seems stronger mid-fight, but destro is much more mana friendly, so really it will have to depend on our ability to maintain mana.

Did they change it so that you can only use one of these per fight too?

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Did they change it so that you can only use one of these per fight too?
    No. So you can only use one of ANY potion ^_^

So we will all be chugging something 2 seconds before the Pull and then during.

Personally I think whatever pot you choose to use is going to be largely irrelevant. The fact that you can only use 1 pot per fight is going to reduce the effect they have. However to answer your question about haste vs destruction i'd be more inclined to suggest destruction is the better choice.

Simulations show that haste has very little or no effect on dots, MB & SW and only really scales MF damage. With that in mind the destruction pot will increase dps from all spells, it will provide a temp boost to SW:P that can be refreshed for the entire encounter and the crit component will scale dot damage as well as your other spells.

I can't see how a haste pot is going to be of more benefit. Of course MF is going to be our dominant source of damage and haste is going to be useful but I suspect that hit>SD>crit>haste when you factor in that crit will scale dots and provide increased mana regen from imp spirit tap.

Regarding crit, well.. Crit is so RNG, while haste is 100% same effect every time.

I still feel more like using haste with bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I still feel more like using haste with bloodlust.
    Why? I would imagine you would be restricting yourself to mind flays only to avoid wasting it due to GCD cap? DP, VT, MB would all be wasted due to not taking advantage of the full haste?

(too late to do maths - feel free to show me the error of my ways )

Ideal use of Bloodlust you only cast VT once during it, and MB and MF is really efficient when using both. MF is excactly as fast as my GCD when I use Haste + Bloodlust since I got truckload of haste on my gear.

I don't think math will be able to justify anything, as it's very depending on what gear you got now.

Same as the point values given earlier wouldn't be true for every single gear setup.

As a frost mage I have no mana problems whatsoever, hence, I love haste. I drink a haste potion when I know I won't have to move for 15 secs and I can just keep casting.

I'll have to try the pre-combat chugging - quite an interesting idea.

I'll have to try the pre-combat chugging - quite an interesting idea.
    Atleast for Wrath, I wouldn't bother today considering how ez-mode things are.

Hell, don't even flask up anymore.