Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Misinformed People

Does anyone else find it funny when someone, Ive seen this a lot in the priest(shadow) forums, complain and complain about something that isn't even true? I was reading a post today and someone was whining about how little viability there is for him on his priest; he was healing as shadow and said we are the lowest on the DPS charts. I have not played Beta but I have seen DPS charts in which shadow priests are ranked 3rd. The chart was compiled using all the same gear level and was tested multiple times. Anyways, I was just wondering if I am alone in my humor or others feel similar.

Re: Misinformed People

QQing about people who QQ... interesting.

I have to agree.. What a lot of people do is they find that other people are QQing because they see some noob in full green gear testing stuff out and they THINK they're doing less dmg because someone else says so..

People really need to look at the numbers before QQing.. I was told all the time on my rogue that "Sub was crap for PvE, no no, go respec combat or Assasination.. " A lot of the time, I actually came out close to #1 for dps

Quote Originally Posted by Krug
    People really need to look at the numbers before QQing.. I was told all the time on my rogue that "Sub was crap for PvE, no no, go respec combat or Assasination.. " A lot of the time, I actually came out close to #1 for dps
    Topping meters =/= good damage. Topping meters = you did better than everyone else, which means nothing if no one has any idea how to gear, what rotations to use, or what spec to use. You would have done more as combat or assass.

OP: You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggles908
    Weird that you thought of this since I asked about other peoples opinions. Anyways, I logged on for a few minutes today and it seems that the endless QQing over WOTLK DPS has infected general chat. I never understood that it was that hard to look up one of the 10 WOTLK DPS spreadsheets in Google.

Stupid people will always cry, and stupid people will always be lesser in all their doings.

There's always a raid spot for the good raider, that also manage to be a good part of the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggles908
    Now I wish to QQ about the QQ'er QQ'ing about QQ.

FFS what a worthless post.

Ok?

But yeah, lots of morons without a clue. Wave them goodbye.

What amazes me is that people without real experience are the ones who whine the most, sometimes even with arguments and then the problem that arises is - it looks pretty serious and might give a hint that class X really IS lacking.

In my case, I read a topic about how shadow priest sucks both PvE and PvP-wise (after changes). It turned out that the post was made by a guy I actually knew IRL and I know he's a bit of a tool. So, I checked his armory (utterly wrong PvP spec for a spriest, with s1/s2 gear) and his PvE experience is up to Anetheron in MH. But hey, he made his point very very good, although it was completely wrong what he wrote.

So yeah, I can understand if someone QQs about QQers, they actually ruin the game. I really don't care if I am #1 or #25 on the dps chart. I got a guild that's solid and will take me to raids even if my class performs just a bit over the tank because "imba" dps doesn't make a great raider. I have million of examples of warlocks prior to 3.0 who literally annihilated DPS meters, but hey - they didn't move out of fire, they overaggroed constantly chasing the #1 on the dps chart and we wiped so many times because of that that it made me go crazy. So yeah, they killed the dps meter and set us back for weeks on certain encounters because of the wipefests.

My guild is a pretty casual raiding guild, I'm not one of the best geared DPSers, and I'm consistently sitting in one of the top spots. Now I'm about to get buffed more.

..... I'm happy. QQ'ers keep QQ'ing, and we won't get nerfed back like Ret. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    and we won't get balanced back like Ret. ;D
    fixed
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    fixed
    Bah, I know they were OP, I got trainwrecked enough times by them, but however you want to say it, when a class is reduced in power, it's called a nerf. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Priested
    he was healing as shadow and said we are the lowest on the DPS charts.
    Maybe I read this wrong and took it the wrong way, but you did just say he's shadow spec and was healing, right?? I mean, I don't know, call me crazy, but I don't see how he could have pictured he'd be a chart topper if he's playing a role he's not specc'd for.
    They keep trying to make things idiot-proof.
    We just come up with better idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas
    Maybe I read this wrong and took it the wrong way, but you did just say he's shadow spec and was healing, right?? I mean, I don't know, call me crazy, but I don't see how he could have pictured he'd be a chart topper if he's playing a role he's not specc'd for.
    It is a common mistake among QQers.... think one thing, mean another, and type something totally different.

(get over it im kidding.... kinda)
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I have been looking over the different classes since i play 4 different 70's and in every forum everyone is QQ'ing.

Pallies zomg.... im ret and i cant kill you by the time hammer of justice is over... WTF? kkthnxbai!
    warlocks - i cant do the top dps anymore? wai!?!?!?
    mages - im always oom!
    shaman - We always sucked QQ
    priests - well u all read the posts here.

its all over the map. My eyes have gone numb to the amount of QQ posts about their class.

Call this idea somewhat radical if you like, but since there is a temporary ban, in game, for swearing and such, why not have a temporary ban for being a QQer? I mean, it causes just as much, if not more, annoyance to the people reading the chat that it seems, to me, worthy of a temporary ban. I get far more pissed off when I read someone complaining about something they most likely have no idea about then when I see someone swearing.

And yeah, I totally agree with the fact that people who know the least complain the most. Spriests are so, so much better now and when I see someone complain it makes me laugh.

Although I'm an anti-QQer on shadowpriest.com, I have to say many posters in this topic don't seem to browse sp.com usually, or too lazy to confirm things before you start QQ about QQer (well, if you are talking about Blizzard priest forum then, sorry nevermind this post, I've never considered it a (shadow) priest forum since large part of it is just like general chat anyway).

Most of the QQ posts from shadow priests came before recent buffs (on sp.com I don't think I noticed any more QQ post after VT/shadowform buffs). And by that time, although I hate QQ-ing, I also had to admit our dps wasn't good - you can check it from various WWS posted on shadowpriests.com from pre-nerf Sunwell cleared SPs with geared & experienced raid members if you doubt me. On theorycraft, our dps rank just jumped from near-last spot to 3rd-4th spot (given equally skilled/geared) thank to the buffs I mentioned above. If you found a WWS in a Patchwerk before (which we used to compare DPS) that a SP being 3rd, it means the other raid members had problems with their playing/gear.

While some of you can say that situation awareness is much more important, that you have a solid guild that will carry you even if you perform a bit better than tanks, etc., most of the QQ posters I knew are from hardcore guilds who min-maxing so they may lost their spot if we didn't get buffed. It's understandable why they QQ. I dislike QQers because they QQ too much and it's annoying, not because they posted facts =P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I think the point is that most QQ posts don't involve facts, instead they are usually emotional responses to undocumented, unsubstantiated wild comments about the state of their class.

The other point is people forget that WotLK is in the testing phase and as such numbers were always changing. I still don't count a reduction in power during beta as a nerf... it simply meant the arbitary number that was orginally chosen was found to be incorrect to the effect that was intended. Once Blizzard come out and say "we are happy with the state of every single mechanic at this moment in time" and then something is changed to be less powerful, by all means cry nerf then.

The other fact is the game is always changing, nothing will be stagnant, if something is proved to be broken it will be changed. Instead of posting QQ, show (with numbers and facts) what is broken, propose a change and then be patient. Also be open to the idea that perhaps your numbers are wrong or the mechanic you feel is broken is possibly not.

This doesn't occur though, everyone is quick to complain about every micro change that occurs (particularly when it's perceived as a nerf) without understanding the bigger picture.

Lastly, not everything boils down to buff or nerf... you can see with the mana burn discussion that people are already trying to define whether changing a fixed value to a % is a buff or nerf... maybe it's neither, maybe it's a change that makes sense for the current game enviroment.

Seriously the grey areas in life aren't any more scary than the black and white places.

Although I'm an anti-QQer on shadowpriest.com, I have to say many posters in this topic don't seem to browse sp.com usually
    SP.com is very biased, and you need to double check what's said there as well as what's said on other places on the internet.

Saying it's the absolutely only source of information is bad, specially when 50% in there behaves like numbers > reality, and belive their guilds raid setup is the one and only in existance.

Not to mention it took them ages to accept that haste actually was a damage buff.

Yeah, I actually do visit Spriest.com frequently and I must agree most of the QQing, there, stopped, primarily, after the recent buffs. But the point I was making is that on other sites, including this one, and in game people continue to complain when 95% of their complaints could be answered/resolved by simply looking at the WOTLK DPS Simulation Charts on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Priested
    Weird that you thought of this since I asked about other peoples opinions. Anyways, I logged on for a few minutes today and it seems that the endless QQing over WOTLK DPS has infected general chat. I never understood that it was that hard to look up one of the 10 WOTLK DPS spreadsheets in Google.
    You give people too much credit. It's not hard, people make things way more difficult than they ever need to be.