Thread: Spriest Mods

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriest Mods

Anyone know any good spriest mods? Either for raiding or PvP is fine. Thanks

Re: Spriest Mods

That's a little general...

I wouldn't be able to raid properly without:

Grid
    Dotimers
    Omen
    DBM or Bigwigs
    Decursive
    Mobinfo2

None of these are spriest exclusive though, not sure if any of those exist that are must haves. I played with facemelter once but I really didn't like it.

Edit: I forgot Quartz, that is a must too.

I use Quartz, home modded to not show MF and Misery on the debuff list, and with MF-tick spots on the MF castbar only. People who's using DotTimers and Quartz at the same time should be shot.

For units I use Grid, combined with Clique for dispelling. Using Decursive AND Grid is retarded waste of memory.

And ofcource, Grid_MissingBuffs is a requirement, so I can see who to buff. I hate buffers who can't see who's missing buffs. It's just retarded on a very high level.

Omni_CC to show cooldown on my abilities, rather than using some random annoying cooldown monitor is also super handy.

Then we have the regulare bossmods as usual, BigWigs better than DBM ofcource, and oRA2 for Main Tank and Main Assist frames, along with raid polls, and consumable'n'repair checks. But you should know about these allready if you're a raid.

And finally, OPie for handling shadowform, Hymm of Hope (lol), Wand, and buffing :-)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Im trying DotDotDot... seems to be a great mod for lazy priest like myself. havnt been able to test everything about it yet, but in the heat of battle and the endless string of debuffs its nice to have a cast [this] next mod :P

you know for those o crap moments where chucking a Gheal is needed..

anyone try'd the mod Melt Face?
    Im a Priest that can tank Illidan. For ~~~ 6seconds & then, i go splat. <3 Dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by giggles
    Im trying DotDotDot... seems to be a great mod for lazy priest like myself. havnt been able to test everything about it yet, but in the heat of battle and the endless string of debuffs its nice to have a cast [this] next mod :P

you know for those o crap moments where chucking a Gheal is needed..

anyone try'd the mod Melt Face?

I don't want to be told what to cast next by a mod. It may as well do the casting itself too, and then why am i there? Pretty sure I could teach it not to step on the fire.....

I have omni CC. Would not live without it. I like x-perl frames. tbh going to totally re do add ons and stuff for wrath.

Grid
    Dottimer
    SmartBuff (perfect mod imo, just scroll the mouse once a while and you'll never forget to buff anyone)

i'm trying to keep it as standard as possible dont like a full screen of mods hanging around..

minip

Get Caith UI. It's got all the addons you need as a shadowpriest:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-CaithUI.html

everyone has his own play style i gues but grid is just fine to
    see how the whole raid is doing duo to hp or deadcount.
    i got grid 50% or something so it's not that big.

and idd recount and bigwings i forgot those to mention

loved btw yesterday in MH spamming Holy Nova on trashed that
    gave me 2850 dps lawl

i've actually didnt use omen after the patch since its not needed
    anymore with tanks building sick tps..

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I don't get why people who play damage dealer like grid
    Because it's the shadowpriest's job to dispel. Never had a Mass Dispel resist on Felmyst eh?

And to show buffs ofcource, so you're one of those "who need buffs, I got zero clue about how to buff, let me waste the raids buffing time with another 5-10min"

*sigh*

Example on my addons in use: http://web27190.web08.talkactive.net...708_201507.jpg

(It's from before 3.0, got changed a little since then.)

nezoia, very nice UI, clean and small. I never used Quartz timer's, but if you can put them like that, i'll definitly start using it now.... ;D
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

I wouldnt use Classtimer (or Dotimer) if quartz wouldnt display Misery & Mind Flay ...

but it seems this can be changed..

Just how? Would be nice if u (nez) can tell us how u did it. Or just upload the lua file.

But i do like the Selfbuff display from Classtimer and im not sure if I will dropp that addon ....

Imo Dotimer sucks and you should only use it for multidotting which is now past coz of Mind Sear

It didnt get updated as well...and the profile manager is pretty bad:/

Caith UI looks very similar to yours (Nez) but w/o the kgpanels mod.

I do like it and will prolly make an UI similar to yours

I hope u did unterstand all of this since my English is only good in terms of reading/listening(movies)

mfg

@Nezoia- First off, very nice UI. Secondly, what interface skin are you using? And lastly, what is the mod that is in the top left corner of your screen, and what mod are you using that displays your SW:P, VT, VE timers? I have a ton of mods implement right now and I have something that looks similar to that but yours looks a) better and b) it is in a better position. For some reason I am unable to move mine around

After some time i got this : http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8012318po8.jpg pretty similar but i added a panel for better visuality and i love eavesdrop ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Protips...

Decursive
    Default wow raid interface set up with 1 option to only show buffs you can do.
    I'd still love to know why I would want TWO addons showing unitframes?

My Grid can do what Decursive does. And it don't spam retarded messages and have a addon configuration that reminds me of vanilla text-only-config addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Priested
    @Nezoia- First off, very nice UI. Secondly, what interface skin are you using? And lastly, what is the mod that is in the top left corner of your screen, and what mod are you using that displays your SW:P, VT, VE timers? I have a ton of mods implement right now and I have something that looks similar to that but yours looks a) better and b) it is in a better position. For some reason I am unable to move mine around
    As said, I'm using Omni_CC to show the cooldowns, and Quartz to show their duration on the target.

Use the "Free" position of the "Quartz > Buff > Target" frame.

Ahh, alright. Thanks

Grid and Clique = decursive ... so u dont need decursive...

just bind on Clique "right mouse" on dispel magic and choose only the Grid frames et voila

Nezoia i fell in love with your ui :x

Would you mind posting the Unitframes, and castbars youre using?
    Looks like it shows when the MF is ticking, which i find awesome :P

Edit: And i cant seem to find the "Free" thingy on quartz as you posted, did they move it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I use Quartz, home modded to not show MF and Misery on the debuff list, and with MF-tick spots on the MF castbar only. People who's using DotTimers and Quartz at the same time should be shot.
    i've checked several times the options menu of quartz in order to filters the debuff on the target, how did you do this?
    and i'd also like to know how to make the mf-tick spots

i would be very happy if you could answer to my question (and sorry if my english is not so good! :x)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Because it's the shadowpriest's job to dispel. Never had a Mass Dispel resist on Felmyst eh?

And to show buffs ofcource, so you're one of those "who need buffs, I got zero clue about how to buff, let me waste the raids buffing time with another 5-10min"

*sigh*

Example on my addons in use: http://web27190.web08.talkactive.net...708_201507.jpg

(It's from before 3.0, got changed a little since then.)
    Sweet interface. What mod are you using for the unitframes (i.e. you and your target above your spellbuttons)?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Grid
    Quartz
    MSBT
    xPerl unit frames
    Omen
    DBM

I have a mouseover macro for Dispel, which works well with Grid, and xPerl lets me know who is missing buffs, as well as the built in DoT timers. Setting the debuffs you have cast on the target to be double size helps a lot as well, you can tell at a glance what is missing.

MSBT keeps track of my cooldowns, and Omen and CBM should be obvious.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.