Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Who Else is NOT Bothered by Penance?

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    wow you talk alot for someone who doesn't know a thing. did you even log on a paladin to check how holy shock works? oh i got a alt paladin so...

holy shock doesn't require you to face the target you heal, only requires you to face the target you damage: meaning: i can holy shock heal the Tank with my ASS to him. While at penance - i need to turn and FACE thee tank to heal (no ass bumping with penance).

There was a Blue post by GC that said its working on a way to fix this (that you could heal with penance by facing the other way of the player).

at the same time i can say - didn't really like penance in arena, and for my 2vs2 team i won't spec all the way to penance, but for BG's it was really fun. You still can't cast it on yourself so :/
    The original content of my post was a reply to someone saying "It's because it's an offensive and a heal spell". I had only made a comment that Holy Shock follows those guidelines, doesn't require facing to heal, but Penance does. And yeah, I know it's a bug that they're intending to fix, I also know it's not intended to be a self cast. Ever. So thanks for stepping up to the plate there, glad you came out.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Its fixed, but it wasn't too bad. Most the time I'd get a misfire due to lag or something. Its not really a raid healing spell so wasn't a big deal.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm usually shadow but i spec'd disc for a week because of the spell power changes. I think penance is a good 51 point talent and is fun to use; the directional aspect of it is a bit annoying but I can deal with it. Only thing i wish they would change is making it usable on yourself. I can't see why it isn't atm.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Humbaba
    I'm usually shadow but i spec'd disc for a week because of the spell power changes. I think penance is a good 51 point talent and is fun to use; the directional aspect of it is a bit annoying but I can deal with it. Only thing i wish they would change is making it usable on yourself. I can't see why it isn't atm.
    The damage factor. If it could heal yourself, THEN it would be OP. Also, anyone with auto selfcast when they have no target up on would not heal themselves anyhow. Flash Heal is for me, Penance is for everyone else.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

i specced for it to shoot fireworks, i don't know about you guys >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Healium
    i specced for it to shoot fireworks, i don't know about you guys >.>
    It reminds me of Super Dodgeball for the Nintendo. I'm throwing crazy curve dodgeballs at you!

Penance does as much healing as a GHeal, costs as much as a Flash Heal and takes 2 seconds to cast. It also does more damage than my Mind Blast or my Holy Fire. It's a great spell, and the directional requirements are just a slight downside. It doesn't bother me at all
    said extremely well, agreed.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    It reminds me of Super Dodgeball for the Nintendo. I'm throwing crazy curve dodgeballs at you!
    holy crap you're right! i loved that game. sadly i have it on the GBA though >>

Quote Originally Posted by Mäkelä
    It's fixed in 3.0.3: (At least it's supposed to be.)

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10972112994-going-live-with-major-bugs.html]Having to face a target to heal is fixed.[/blizzquote"]
    It is STILL not fixed. Tested as soon as I logged on after getting the patch. Penance still requires facing for healing. I only really have issues with Penance in AV personally, I don't play the 3 room minigame as much anymore >.>. Instagibbing = no fun.

Still, I agree that it really shouldn't require facing. I do pay attention and stuff, but it's annoying more than it is a bother. Just when people do dumb stuff like blink past me or run thru me while channeling and I lose pulses and such aggravates me.

It has been slightly fixed, you still need to be facing your target to CAST the spell, but once its off, he can get out of range, go behind you, get out of sight, etc. and the penance will continue to heal him.

Though, I have to say, its still annoying in large raids where you have a hunter back up behind you without you noticing and you waste precious seconds looking for him before healing him =/.

That aside, penance is a great skill that I can't find a way to live without .

Also, speaking of penance, the current build of WoW has borrowed time not consumed by instant casts, the interesting thing is that it counts penance as an instant cast and is NOT consumed by casting penance, yet still grants the 25% spell haste for the channeling, allowing you to keep the 25% haste for whatever spell you use in that 2 or 3 seconds you have left of the buff. Most likely a bug, but abuse it while you can .

L2 not keyboard turn and direction isn't an issue IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi
    Also, speaking of penance, the current build of WoW has borrowed time not consumed by instant casts, the interesting thing is that it counts penance as an instant cast and is NOT consumed by casting penance, yet still grants the 25% spell haste for the channeling, allowing you to keep the 25% haste for whatever spell you use in that 2 or 3 seconds you have left of the buff. Most likely a bug, but abuse it while you can .
    As far as I know, Borrowed Time most certaintly is consumed by ANY spell cast after PW:S. At least that's how it has worked for me, maybe the bug doesn't affect me

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi
    all channeling spells are considered instant cast IIRC
    ie. mind flay gains benefit from twin disciplines
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

But is MF considered a DoT? It certainly was for the purposes of Timbal's Focusing Crystal but I don't think it is when related to other mechanics/talents.

Sometimes I feel the descriptions and wording of spells/talents is very poor and an effort should be made to clarify, improve and standardise descriptions.