Rapture, Holy DPS potential?

"Rapture - Causes you to gain up to 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% of your maximum mana each time you healwith Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained."

This talent is pretty neat that i would say, cause this helps with not going oom (even it might tho if your spamming it). But what if we put another thing in there like...

"Rapture - Causes you to gain up to 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% of your maximum mana each time you healwith Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis, or damage is dealt with Smite, Holy Fire or Penance. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained."

If you do damage with Smite, Holy Fire or Penance, you would get mana back from 2.5% of the damage you cause, which seems to be fair imo (might be wrong also). This would make a Holy DPS Spec more usefull without going OOM.

This is a spec i would do if Rapture was like the above.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Make some comments about that Rapture change if it should go or not. =)

Thank You

Re: Rapture, Holy DPS potential?

Why do you want a holy dps priest?

might have some sexy potential in pvp
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Quote Originally Posted by Befaro
    Why do you want a holy dps priest?
    Holy Damage is not Resistable.

The 3% reduction still applies to mobs +3 lvls (or raid bosses) and most bosses have 0 resistance to schools of magic in any case. Simulationcraft has shown that a holy dps spec is not viable with it roughly 50% of what a shadow spec can output.

Holy DPS is not just shit because of mana.

Forget about it. Blizz have no interest in buffing it, the spells exist to let holy/disc grind.

I did kara as DPS disc - but outside of nova AoE I was barely hitting 8-900DPS. Paltry. If I were less cheap I would have respecc'd shadow and done a ton more.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthor
    "Rapture - Causes you to gain up to 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% of your maximum mana each time you healwith Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained."

This talent is pretty neat that i would say, cause this helps with not going oom (even it might tho if your spamming it). But what if we put another thing in there like...

"Rapture - Causes you to gain up to 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% of your maximum mana each time you healwith Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Penance, or damage is absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis, or damage is dealt with Smite, Holy Fire or Penance. Increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained."

If you do damage with Smite, Holy Fire or Penance, you would get mana back from 2.5% of the damage you cause, which seems to be fair imo (might be wrong also). This would make a Holy DPS Spec more usefull without going OOM.

This is a spec i would do if Rapture was like the above.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Make some comments about that Rapture change if it should go or not. =)

Thank You
    spec holy dps "pretend" you have rapture (though don't forget the Surge of light in your talent tree). go try it out in a raid and tell us how you felt.

I just want Rapture to go with Holy Nova as well
    Would be really nice for low-level instances AoE grinding