Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Priest Molten Core quest?

I helped someone with it just fine at level 70 as a prot warrior, I WANT to say I was safely able to demo shout, but that could be off.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I was too late calling for the item and it got given to be DE'd.

I suck at life.

Maybe I'll get another chance....

Guildy recently did this

His advice was not worry too much about build but go for a max mana regen set - he used a flask + fish + mana oil and anything that had spi/mp5 for gear. I think he was at round 900sp - but regenned mana at such a rate nothing mattered.

I think I'm gonna give this another go - now I just need to get an MC run that doesn't fall apart. (I thnk people left my last run at 2 every boss through sheer boredom >.<)

So now all I want is to get the int ench from BRD - many mining trips to incoming. Must have the authentic enchant eh!

Just spam Holy Nova. It's the most ridiculous spell ever for doing that quest. It used to be the top tier for Holy and the only way to get Benediction was to spec for it. Now that everyone has Holy Nova, just crank it and bring a mana potion.

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Just spam Holy Nova. It's the most ridiculous spell ever for doing that quest. It used to be the top tier for Holy and the only way to get Benediction was to spec for it. Now that everyone has Holy Nova, just crank it and bring a mana potion.
    you must obviously not know how this quest works

Indeed, people are so clueless about how AoE healing work these days.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    seriously, with the ammount of welfare gear available it is sad if you have to flask and food and such for this quest...
    I had Tier6 and Sunwell gear, you clearly misunderstood the reason.

You cannot downrank, and you cannot use more than 1 potion, so your amount of regen is very limited in full holy or shadow spec.

I did this quest as full Holy 2-3 weeks ago with self buffs, about 70ish mp5 I think. Renew, Holy Nova and Abolish disease. It wasn't that hard, as long as you didn't go around FH everything. Also make sure to be back in position for the next wave.

If you really had to respec and buy a flask for this then lol.

If you really had to respec and buy a flask for this then lol.
    I was shadow, so... Not that gold ever mattered, I rather make sure to succed than testing my luck.

Also you could downrank 2-3 weeks ago *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I was shadow, so... Not that gold ever mattered, I rather make sure to succed than testing my luck.

Also you could downrank 2-3 weeks ago *sigh*

Ah well if you were Shadow then maybe I can see respeccing (maybe). But I did the quest after the Patch, hence the low regen (getting Guardian Spirit = no Meditation), so no downranking for me.

1-2 ticks of renew will heal the NPCs up to full (they only have 1200ish iirc). I used Hymn of Hope and my Trinket from SSC in between waves, and waited until there were 3-4 skeletons on me then used my Shadowfiend and put him on aggressive. I really don't think a respec or any buffs are necessary for this quest, but I've only had 1 experience doing it (obviously), so take from it what you will.

I did a few tries as shadow, was definitive not doable.

Actually it is without a problem.

I myself did this quest waaaaaay back, but a friend of mine got his eye last week and asked me to do the quest for him. He is in T4/badge gear and it was hard but not such a big problem to accomplish it at the first try. As a shadow.

Well, as many said, renew instead of Flash Heal might have done the trick, but after failing twice, why care about 50g?
    She got a 15 minute respawn timer, and I can easy make 50g on 30 minutes, if not more.

I don't like to trust my renew to tick before the target dies, you forget the randomness of the Archers, it could easily eventually lead to a failure.
    I used both shadowfiend and dispersion, but went oom, so I just went and made a new talent build. But Shadowfiend gives shit mana return when it 1shot the Skeletons -.-

Also gear is completely irrelevant as shadow, since Tier 6 don't grant you more regeneration. In fact, his badge gear likely had more spirit than my raid gear have.

I used Hymn of Hope and my Trinket from SSC in between waves, and waited until there were 3-4 skeletons on me then used my Shadowfiend and put him on aggressive.
    After a respec, I only needed 3 waves to be done, I guess some of you choosed a higher death margin than me.

The SSC trinket is major regen, as shadow I had neither Meditation nor any form of regen trinkets.

15min?? I had to wait 2 hours when i did this Quest @ LvL 60 :/

Fortunately i was the only Priest with both pieces so there was no queue

Do we still need "water" for mc to spawn Major Domus?

By far one of the most fun Q's i made on my Priest , I actualy One Shooted it in devout and DM gear ^^ (way way back in the day)

Make the class Quests return , they were alot of fun.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    15min?? I had to wait 2 hours when i did this Quest @ LvL 60 :/

Fortunately i was the only Priest with both pieces so there was no queue
    It got changed to a shorter respawn timer allready before TBC.

Do we still need "water" for mc to spawn Major Domus?
    Yes, and you'll find about 10 people per server to have it, so 9/10 MC pugs fail spawning Domo and thus fighting Ragnaros.

Alas the staff remains rare.

Hey guys, I saw this post and I just felt like I had to reply.

I have recently gone to Molten Core to help a few friends with the legendary drop and getting Rag achievement done. The eye so happened to drop and I was the lucky one to loot it. A mage friend of mine and me went to farm The eye of Shadow, and it dropped on the 3rd mob in Blasted Lands!

I'm shadowspec with 5/8 T6 (not using the other parts), so I can say I got good gear, but far from the best. So I decided to go to EPL to test my luck! I did NOT respec from shadow and I did it wearing some healing gear and some shadow gear (I honestly didn't think it mattered much at 70, hence I didn't respec either).

I went there, I had no buffs except from my own (Stamina and Inner Focus). I had some Stratholme Holy Water, but I honestly felt more comfortable just doing a Holy Nova, although in retrospect it might have saved me a bit of mana using it. I'm not sure if Holy Water causes potion sickness, I doubt it but I left it alone. I used 1 mana potion.

Down ranking doesn't benefit as much as it used to do, but I still down ranked my Flash Heal to Rank 5 and my Renew to Rank 5. It was insanely mana intensive! I was at points thinking this is not going the right way, but I just had to keep the focus up try and regen what I could (although I had terrible regen). Trying as much as possible to use the 5sec rule, although it was hard to say the least in Shadowspec. But eventually the 4th wave was done and I had the quest COMPLETE!

I'm still using the benediction when I'm healing in achievement raids, just because it just looks so damn cool

That was my experience with the Benediction quest, hope you enjoyed it as much as me

You had Inner Focus as shadow post patch 3.0 ? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht? You don't happend to be one of the crazy buggers who don't belive Improved Shadowform and Dispersion is usefull?!?

Or did you mean Inner Fire?

I find this whole thread kind've strange as I too just did this quest a couple days ago. I failed it the first time, just to get the hang of it. About 20 minutes later when the questgiver respawned, I did it fairly easy. I'm specced a lot into shadow, since I am not raiding anymore it's just to get all the goodies. I read all sorts of guides and figured I'd try at least 3 times with no buffs or respec (since I read the stuff as I was flying up). I wasn't even keeping track of how many got through, and I thought for sure I was going to fail the second time. Suddenly it said quest was complete and I got my splinter

Best of Luck

Heres my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...9;zhul&n=Soxes

If it shows veng glad helm, I used that because it has more int than Spellstrike hood, which I am currently STILL using : /

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Corr
    Down ranking doesn't benefit as much as it used to do, but I still down ranked my Flash Heal to Rank 5 and my Renew to Rank 5. It was insanely mana intensive! I was at points thinking this is not going the right way, but I just had to keep the focus up try and regen what I could (although I had terrible regen). Trying as much as possible to use the 5sec rule, although it was hard to say the least in Shadowspec. But eventually the 4th wave was done and I had the quest COMPLETE!

Uh, you do realise that down ranking is a stupid thing to do, and has been for a while.... Look at your all spell ranks from 1-10 whatever.... hey look same mana cost! And I imagine you still lose coefficient.

In short... down ranking, don't do it kids.