Thread: Shadowfiend

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowfiend

I've noticed in some of the patch notes I've read and changes I've seen that one of the things the recent wotlk patch did was to buff hunter and warlock pets, and mage elementals. This is a nice buff for them i guess, which makes it hurt so much more when i summon a shadowfiend with 1932 health. Was this by design that a pet a mage summons gets it's hp buffed, but the priest pet is let fall by the wayside?

Re: Shadowfiend

41-pointer pet > trainable pet

You missed out how the shadowfiend got shitload of resistance and dodge, and is almost impossible to kill. Warlock and Hunter pets are, in a way, alot more fragile.

Specially in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You missed out how the shadowfiend got shitload of resistance and dodge, and is almost impossible to kill. Warlock and Hunter pets are, in a way, alot more fragile.

Specially in PvE.
    this

Shadowfiend surv is fine, but u shouldnt put him on Muru while Darkness... for ex.. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Shadowfiend surv is fine, but u shouldnt put him on Muru while Darkness... for ex.. :>
    Don't remind me

Atleast I only did it once...

The worst thing about the Shadowfiend is that it no longer deals the same amount of damage (i.e. no longer gets you the same amount of mana), because it used to gain damage increase from Shadow Weaving and Misery debuffs. I don't know if the developers overlooked it, or if the concealed nerf was intended. Neither would surprise me, though. :

Pets inherit from their master, or atleast are intended to. I'm not sure about it's gone live yet.
    So this design change should also reflect shadowfiend, thus actually making it return more mana depending on the coefficiency.

I haven't done any math or numbers to check it, and I couldn't be bothered before level 80 raiding, as it's impossible to go OOM when every boss face the floor on 1½ to 2 minutes.

I don't have the exact numbers, but before the patch our stupid pet regained about 50% of our mana. Now it's on par with Dispersion.

Maybe its coz SF was less usefull for Holy/Disc. So they changed it to Return ?% Basemana. But im not sure about that.

Does SF regen Mana when he hits on a PW:Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    I don't have the exact numbers, but before the patch our stupid pet regained about 50% of our mana. Now it's on par with Dispersion.
    From Constantius @ elitistjerks:
    The shadowfiend mechanic has been changed in WotLK to restore a set percentage (4%) of your total mana per hit. This means your theoretical restored mana from a shadowfiend is ~ 40%. Since the fiend is affected by Windfury Totem, you will actually get ~ 12 hits, but with a typical miss percentage. Checking logs, so far it appears that 11 to 14 hits is completely reasonable, so anywhere from a low of 40% to a high of 60%.

EDIT: I think bloodlust affects the fiend 2..

Thanks, Sorcerer, I missed that. Was it confirmed by blues anywhere?

EDIT: I think bloodlust affects the fiend 2..
    Yep, but you need to pop it before the shamans press Bloodlust, so a bit hard to time I'd say ;D

Yep, but you need to pop it before the shamans press Bloodlust, so a bit hard to time I'd say ;D
    Raidleader : Shamans Bloodlust now
    Priest. WWWWWWWaaaait a sec .... ok now go ;p

With the glyph of Shadow Fiend, I kinda want it to die after its duration is near end :>

I've tried to sync my SF with heroism for quite awhile now. Between that and trinkets popped at the same time, I was able to get a full mana bar. Now it's about 60% of that regen, but 60% of the cooldown too (with veiled shadows). i have not seen it crit for more than 500 now tho, the highest prior to the patch was 1000+

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    With the glyph of Shadow Fiend, I kinda want it to die after its duration is near end :>
    Just pop it when you're about to group for Shield of the Blue on Kalecgos, it usually works.

The only problem is that Glyph is not available yet, since it require Northrend herbs

Pets inherit from their master, or atleast are intended to. I'm not sure about it's gone live yet.
    So this design change should also reflect shadowfiend, thus actually making it return more mana depending on the coefficiency.

I haven't done any math or numbers to check it, and I couldn't be bothered before level 80 raiding, as it's impossible to go OOM when every boss face the floor on 1½ to 2 minutes.
    Does haste hit fiend?

If so at what haste would it get an 'extra swing' and therefore extra regen?

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Does haste hit fiend?

If so at what haste would it get an 'extra swing' and therefore extra regen?

Hmmmm
    The answer is NO haste doesnt transfer to pet, only hit rating (100% sure) and crit rating (I'm not 100% sure about this one)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    The answer is NO haste doesnt transfer to pet, only hit rating (100% sure) and crit rating (I'm not 100% sure about this one)

Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Raidleader : Shamans Bloodlust now
    Priest. WWWWWWWaaaait a sec .... ok now go ;p
    OMG. I laughed so hard after reading it :P

an amazing post m8