Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wizard/Mana oils

Quick question, I havent seen it directly answered anywhere and the blue post was a little cryptic.

Are all wizard/mana oils being removed from the game OR are they just discontinuing them, as in, not making any higher level ones but the old ones still will?

Just need a full clarification, thanks peeps.
    There is no agro reset..

Re: Wizard/Mana oils

Odd thing if they don't bring out new ones. Just means the current ones get a lot more expensive.

Deleted

I believe that they are discontinuing them, bring out no newer ones after level 70 and adding the generic "Has no effect above level x (70?)" to the old ones.

You cannot use them on items above a certain itemlevel, ie. all level 72 blues or higher.

YOU CANNOT USE THEM !

The error is "Target item is to high level".

Also the blue message was only cryptical to the stupids who didden't bother reading the entire topic on the official boards, where there was even screenshots clarifiying how you CANNOT USE THEM at level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    the entire topic on the official boards

You mean that place which is so full of "first" spam and ascii junk that it's impossible to read anything else? I'm surprised anyone still uses that place.

The MMOC blue tracker gives most info you need tbh. Without the spam.
    Of course, that's no guarantee that everyone would read everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

You mean that place which is so full of "first" spam and ascii junk that it's impossible to read anything else? I'm surprised anyone still uses that place.

The MMOC blue tracker gives most info you need tbh. Without the spam.
    Of course, that's no guarantee that everyone would read everything though.
    You know the beta boards, besides from the paladin section, have very little spam.

You should try read, once in a while. It'll make you look less retarded when you ask about something that's actually clarified in the link you provide as part of the question.

I posted a link....? what link? where?
    There's no link in this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I posted a link....? what link? where?
    There's no link in this whole thread.
    Nez is so great he sees the link even when there is none. Stop being a noob and bow down.

Also the not usable error could be in place on the beta just so they can see how things "work" (new stuff like glyphs etc) without oils etc.

A simple 1 or 0 recoded in could relieve that.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

"Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks. "

about half way down on MMO's front page

blue tracker link

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/19/1206...ng-stones.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    Nez is so great he sees the link even when there is none. Stop being a noob and bow down.
    He posted in another thread where the source link was posted.

And anyone half-brained would understand the OPs concern was related to a blue post from the front page, which is in a thread that confirms it.

But it seems most of the half-brains only read the bluetracker, thus missing out everything said AFTER the blue post. Such as the confirm part about them not working on level 80 items. It also makes alot of sense that old oils wouldn't be useable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanu
    "Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks. "

blue tracker link

Still doesnt really answer the guys question.... He knows they are being "discontinued" however will the beta of them not being used on higher level items still be in effect when going live?

I can still enchant an 80 level weapon with Minor Beastslaying..... why cant I use an Adam sharpening stone on it?

So are they completely being removed from the game? (when I log my BS come WotLK will that "spell" be gone?) or putting silly ass restrictions on them as in beta?

Come on Nez im just jerking your chain... its fun..

See, Aknot, that's the part about READ THE FUCKING THREAD I was on about.

But I guess none of you got that part, so allow me to do it for you:

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8180027ae6.jpg
    http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8180030cx2.jpg

You can't apply the old world items to your weapons at level 80, so there will be no need to farm them.

Thanks for the response, Verimonde. This was unexpected good news.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanu

blue tracker link

skrowling iz hard jess?

See, Aknot, that's the part about READ THE FUCKING THREAD I was on about.

But I guess none of you got that part, so allow me to do it for you:
    Again on Beta it doesnt make it "real". All it takes is a 1 or a 0 to reverse it back.

And before you start FUCKING spouting gospel there is no FUCKING follow up FUCKING blue post saying anything FUCKING other then what they FUCKING said at first.

So let me do it for YOU.

"I can still enchant an 80 level weapon with Minor Beastslaying..... why cant I use an Adam sharpening stone on it?

So are they completely being removed from the game? (when I log my BS come WotLK will that "spell" be gone?) or putting silly ass restrictions on them as in beta?"

So while you may be right you really dont have anything to back that up with except a "players" screenshot on a BETA server that may change.

See Nez thats the point about not being all high and mighty read this thread and maybe you will get it. Probably not though as Ive read a lot of your postings....

Again on Beta it doesnt make it "real". All it takes is a 1 or a 0 to reverse it back.
    This is the most retarded argument ever, I'm not even going to bother writing a long post about why it's retarded, because I don't belive you would understand it anyway.

But for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

I rest my case, now /shoo lesser person.

This is the most retarded argument ever, I'm not even going to bother writing a long post about why it's retarded, because I don't belive you would understand it anyway.

But for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

I rest my case, now /shoo lesser person.
    and all things from Beta have always been there come live.. there haven't been any patches in lets say a week time (or less) to add and or change things after a release? Or something that mucks up a Beta release at release and it needs to be patched?

Come on you are not even that retarded.

Nice try Nez.. although I commend you for posting calmly. And no the most retarded post are yours that take everything as "word".

15+ Year Old Account

I'm also missing the whole burden issue - If I'm missing it then I'll get it and if not then I'm not using it. Are they also going to discontinue food because you have to kill stuff to get that too? Ooh noes you can't use that food because you are too high lvl. Why not also have all buffs implemented on the character so we don't have to buff first, or remove all other classes so we only need alot of one type that switches depending on the target.

Seriously. If this goes through I'm only going to see it as blizzard going on the lazy side making up new stuff.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    I'm also missing the whole burden issue - If I'm missing it then I'll get it and if not then I'm not using it. Are they also going to discontinue food because you have to kill stuff to get that too? Ooh noes you can't use that food because you are too high lvl. Why not also have all buffs implemented on the character so we don't have to buff first, or remove all other classes so we only need alot of one type that switches depending on the target.

Seriously. If this goes through I'm only going to see it as blizzard going on the lazy side making up new stuff.
    That and the whole "They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes" Oils for spellcasters and Stones for melee classes?

Gee make a "mana" stone that when rubbed on your weapon increases blah blah blah.

I think it goes with the attempting to level the playing field. This is one of those changes I just (as others dont) dont see. I find the burden excuse laughable.

You know the beta boards, besides from the paladin section, have very little spam.

You should try read, once in a while. It'll make you look less retarded when you ask about something that's actually clarified in the link you provide as part of the question.
    Nothing is clarified anywhere I can find on whether oils etc will contunue to exist at all.
    Beta means nothing- glyph vendors were available at times on beta which certainly does not mean they will be on live.